Weight loss/Exercise... Summer 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight loss/Exercise... Summer 2020

Anyone want to get in shape this summer? Come and join me on this journey. I'll be posting my progress here and I thought maybe we could motivate one another, share tips, food ideas, and what's working for you, and share our progress.

My goal for now is to lose 15 pounds, excersie Monday- Friday, and eat healthy.

Since the weekend, I cut down my crabs and now included IF and some workout. As of today, I'm down 2 pounds and feeling amazing.

If you don't want to lose weight, but just want to get in shape, that's okay too.

Start of with stating your goal and what you're doing or planning to do to achieve it.

Comment

My mom has forbidden me from loosing any more weight. For the first time in a very long time I actually have to eat more then I normally do and honestly its very stressful because I am not used to that at all and I need to forced myself to eat now even when I don't want to. But I am still working out.

I will say that the easiest way to loose weight is to be in a calorie deficit and exercising. Nothing else ever got me results that quickly and I've jumped on a lot of different bandwagons.

Be aware that your weight is still going to fluctuate so don't be discouraged. maybe tomorrow you will wake up and see those 2 pounds came back. That doesn't mean that all hope is lost. It's just water weight. Make sure you drink a lot of water and eat foods with a lot of fiber to keep things moving. Sometimes a week would go by and I wouldn't see any results and then all of a sudden I'm down a whole kilo out of nowhere so don't worry if your weight jumps around. Also eat a lot of protein.

I am still walking 10000+ steps a day and doing like 30 to an hours worth of exercise a day. I don't want to give up those habits now that I have reached my goal. It's nice to just be healthy and active. I am thinking about tracking my macros but after seeing my numbers and trying it for a few days I can see that its kind of hard to get all your numbers right and I almost never eat the amount of protein that I should. Its in the back of my mind though so unless I am doing something that day that would make it hard to track I will try to reach them.

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
        My mom has forbidden me from loosing any more weight. For the first time in a very long time I actually have to eat more then I normally do and honestly its very stressful because I am not used to that at all and I need to forced myself to eat now even when I don't want to. But I am still working out.

I will say that the easiest way to loose weight is to be in a calorie deficit and exercising. Nothing else ever got me results that quickly and I've jumped on a lot of different bandwagons.

Be aware that your weight is still going to fluctuate so don't be discouraged. maybe tomorrow you will wake up and see those 2 pounds came back. That doesn't mean that all hope is lost. It's just water weight. Make sure you drink a lot of water and eat foods with a lot of fiber to keep things moving. Sometimes a week would go by and I wouldn't see any results and then all of a sudden I'm down a whole kilo out of nowhere so don't worry if your weight jumps around. Also eat a lot of protein.

I am still walking 10000+ steps a day and doing like 30 to an hours worth of exercise a day. I don't want to give up those habits now that I have reached my goal. It's nice to just be healthy and active. I am thinking about tracking my macros but after seeing my numbers and trying it for a few days I can see that its kind of hard to get all your numbers right and I almost never eat the amount of protein that I should. Its in the back of my mind though so unless I am doing something that day that would make it hard to track I will try to reach them.
        This is motivatin. Thanks for sharing. I just finished a 1hr workout and my heart feels so good, Alhamdulilah. Cardio while fasting feels amazing! I'm starting to become a morning person with these early workouts.

How did it take you to reach your goals?

Comment

Originally posted by LaylaAb View Post

This is motivatin. Thanks for sharing. I just finished a 1hr workout and my heart feels so good, Alhamdulilah. Cardio while fasting feels amazing! I'm starting to become a morning person with these early workouts.

How did it take you to reach your goals?
          Thats great to hear. Exercise really makes you feel better.

I started around mid December and if we are talking numbers than I reached my goal earlier this month. I kept exercising throughout that whole time but for around 3 months or so in the middle I wasn't too worried about my food which slowed progress down. I still lost like a kilo a month even when I wasn't paying attention though so that's not too bad.

Its better to take your time with these things. if you loose a lot of weight very quickly you can gain it back just as quickly, its actually a thing called the yoyo effect. This was the first time I took my time and just decided to be healthy and it ended up working.

I have probably told every female on this forum about this program but incase I didn't tell you yet. You should try the Chloe ting workout program.

You can pick a schedule of what you want to focus on and just follow the workout videos for every day. It's very helpful if you are starting out and don't know how to put together a workout yet and its not too challenging either. I'll vm you the link.

Comment

Thats great to hear. Exercise really makes you feel better.

I started around mid December and if we are talking numbers than I reached my goal earlier this month. I kept exercising throughout that whole time but for around 3 months or so in the middle I wasn't too worried about my food which slowed progress down. I still lost like a kilo a month even when I wasn't paying attention though so that's not too bad.

Its better to take your time with these things. if you loose a lot of weight very quickly you can gain it back just as quickly, its actually a thing called the yoyo effect. This was the first time I took my time and just decided to be healthy and it ended up working.

I have probably told every female on this forum about this program but incase I didn't tell you yet. You should try the Chloe ting workout program.

You can pick a schedule of what you want to focus on and just follow the workout videos for every day. It's very helpful if you are starting out and don't know how to put together a workout yet and its not too challenging either. I'll vm you the link.
            This is great. No I have never heard of them. Jzk!!
            I want to for this for 4 weeks straight and see what happens.

Can't wait to see results, inshaAllah! But more importantly I just like feeling stronger and healthier even my iman and worship has improved, Alhamdulilah.

I hope to reach my goal in about 2 months, then I'll make new goals!

Comment

This is great. No I have never heard of them. Jzk!!
              I want to for this for 4 weeks straight and see what happens.

Can't wait to see results, inshaAllah! But more importantly I just like feeling stronger and healthier even my iman and worship has improved, Alhamdulilah.

I hope to reach my goal in about 2 months, then I'll make new goals!
              Inshallah, but take it easy too. if you don't see results as quickly as you want to its totally fine. These things take time, just keep at it.

Comment

I got a full body scan yesterday which was very informative but I am delighted to see that my fitness scale and the real full body scan give fairly similar results. The body fat % on my scale is off but everything else was similar. I think it's very beneficial to have a fitness scale to keep track of your progress.

I used to only care about the number going down but after I got my scale I actually started to pay attention to muscle and fat. You don't want to end up "skinny fat" which is basically when you weigh less but have too much body fat.

...I've become way to into this stuff

but as obsessions go this isn't a bad one to have just as long as I don't go over board I think I'll be fine.

Comment

Inshallah, but take it easy too. if you don't see results as quickly as you want to its totally fine. These things take time, just keep at it.
                  Yeah you're right! I finished my exercise routine for the week. Just stepped on the scale and still just the 2 pounds down.

The thing is I don't have a lot of weight to lose so I'm assuming it might take sometime.

I hope to at least lose 1-2 pounds a week. I already eat less and I can't imagine going even stricter on my diet without feeling deprived.lol

I just have to keep at this like you said. I have never stuck to a routine like this before. I'm hoping this time I could. Actually I have to. Getting fit is pretty much essential for the way my life is turning out to be.

Comment

I got a full body scan yesterday which was very informative but I am delighted to see that my fitness scale and the real full body scan give fairly similar results. The body fat % on my scale is off but everything else was similar. I think it's very beneficial to have a fitness scale to keep track of your progress.

I used to only care about the number going down but after I got my scale I actually started to pay attention to muscle and fat. You don't want to end up "skinny fat" which is basically when you weigh less but have too much body fat.

...I've become way to into this stuff

but as obsessions go this isn't a bad one to have just as long as I don't go over board I think I'll be fine.
                    Can I get one of these from Amazon? I will have to look for this now!

Yes, I don't want to end up skinny fat for sure. My body feels so strong this week.

When I stepped into my abaya it fit so much better. I felt so strong too. And I have so much energy!

I was literally crying during my workout yesterday, because it was so intense. lol.

I keep thinking about how good it's going to feel to reach my goal at the end of summer.

Plus I have so much nice clothes that I can't fit into the way I want. Lol I always buy stuff and say I'll wear it when I lose the 15 pounds.

Comment

It's weekend. I know some ppl have a cheat day, but I'm not sure if I want to include one into my plan.

Comment

Can I get one of these from Amazon? I will have to look for this now!

Yes, I don't want to end up skinny fat for sure. My body feels so strong this week.

When I stepped into my abaya it fit so much better. I felt so strong too. And I have so much energy!

I was literally crying during my workout yesterday, because it was so intense. lol.

I keep thinking about how good it's going to feel to reach my goal at the end of summer.

Plus I have so much nice clothes that I can't fit into the way I want. Lol I always buy stuff and say I'll wear it when I lose the 15 pounds.
                        I’m sure you can find one on amazon. They are very helpful.

There is no better feeling when your loosing weight then when you can fit in literally anything. It just makes you feel like there is actually something happening. Because it’s your own body and you see it all the time, sometimes you can’t see the difference yourself but when things start to fit differently it’s a good indication that all your hard work paid off. inshallah you will do it this time!

Comment

Working...
                        X