Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get Cooking/Baking - Your July Baking Challenge Starts Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Cooking/Baking - Your July Baking Challenge Starts Now!

After consulting the poll, https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/fa...food-spotlight

It seems like our first cooking challenge will be one of many choices. You can pick one theme/ingredient or you can do multiple ones. All you have to do is post a picture of your creation here by the end of the month. You can post as many as you'd like, because that's how this thread rolls.

The ingredients/theme for this month are:
    Cheese Egg Canned Tuna Best Breakfast
    Best Hot Drink Best Meal in 30mins or less A Meal with only 5 ingredients Best Healthy Dish
    Best Toasted Sandwich Best Dessert Rice Potato

If you pick an ingredient, remember to make that the theme of your dish.

So now Ummah, with an open heart and empty stomach, I say unto you in the words of my fictional uncle: 'Allez cuisine!'
    وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
    Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
    [2:186]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Erm, I think that's too many categories at once. Would've made more sense to pick maybe 3 ingredients among them (eg cheese, tuna and eggs) and choose some of the other categories for next month or the month after. I'm a bit baffled as to what to make and as for the entries, you wont be comparing like to like as one entry might be a hot drink and another might be a healthy meal and one might be a pudding. In my experience, healthy meals never beat pudding as people are more tempted by indulgent dishes so the two categories shouldn't be in the same round of a competition.

Sorry to sound like a debbie downer, from the start I've always liked the idea of a cooking competition and it's good that you're trying to start something but I think doing it like this is a bit too confusing.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
      Erm, I think that's too many categories at once. Would've made more sense to pick maybe 3 ingredients among them (eg cheese, tuna and eggs) and choose some of the other categories for next month or the month after. I'm a bit baffled as to what to make and as for the entries, you wont be comparing like to like as one entry might be a hot drink and another might be a healthy meal and one might be a pudding. In my experience, healthy meals never beat pudding as people are more tempted by indulgent dishes so the two categories shouldn't be in the same round of a competition.
      I picked the top three choices from the poll, which unfortunately yielded all of these results. I think for the first month it's not too bad to let everyone try what they can and having all of the categories helps with that.

After this month, we can narrow it down and make it more concise.

Sorry to sound like a debbie downer, from the start I've always liked the idea of a cooking competition and it's good that you're trying to start something but I think doing it like this is a bit too confusing.
      It's not really a competition though, just a challenge to get people trying new things and cooking/baking. Then once they do that, they come here and share their creations.
      وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
      "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
        I picked the top three choices from the poll, which unfortunately yielded all of these results. I think for the first month it's not too bad to let everyone try what they can and having all of the categories helps with that.

After this month, we can narrow it down and make it more concise.

It's not really a competition though, just a challenge to get people trying new things and cooking/baking. Then once they do that, they come here and share their creations.
        Salam sis.

what's cooking?

Comment

yaaaay! Im making cheese cake!

Comment

After consulting the poll, https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/fa...food-spotlight

It seems like our first cooking challenge will be one of many choices. You can pick one theme/ingredient or you can do multiple ones. All you have to do is post a picture of your creation here by the end of the month. You can post as many as you'd like, because that's how this thread rolls.

The ingredients/theme for this month are:
            Cheese Egg Canned Tuna Best Breakfast
            Best Hot Drink Best Meal in 30mins or less A Meal with only 5 ingredients Best Healthy Dish
            Best Toasted Sandwich Best Dessert Rice Potato

If you pick an ingredient, remember to make that the theme of your dish.

So now Ummah, with an open heart and empty stomach, I say unto you in the words of my fictional uncle: 'Allez cuisine!'
            I also picked these two Best Healthy Dish and Cheese, and try to make some delicious food for child and wife.

Comment

Should we have one entry each or can we make more than one dish by selecting options from more than one category?

Comment

Should we have one entry each or can we make more than one dish by selecting options from more than one category?
                You're allowed to post as many dishes as you like, the only criteria is that you make something that includes one of the options available above. Since we have a lot of categories, you can mix and match and use them to make something too.

So you can make a cheese cake and post your creation (recipe too, if you have it)
                the next day you can post a canned tuna and potato salad.
                then next you can make chai

As long as you make something that has at least one of the items above then it's all good.

Comment

Best meal in 30 minutes: Sauteed lamb kidneys with garlic, onions, parsley, mushroom and lemon with a side of savory steel cut oats cooked with chickpeas, mushrooms, chicken broth, garlic and onions. The lemon juice really made the kidneys taste great.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Kidoat.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	259.5 KB
ID:	12722168

Comment

Here is my cheese cake with walnuts and homemade caramel sauce.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 12.25.18 PM.png
Views:	101
Size:	544.3 KB
ID:	12722221Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 12.25.36 PM.png
Views:	96
Size:	505.4 KB
ID:	12722222

last night at literally midnight I decided to make this. I didn't have enough cream cheese so I made a half recipe and I couldn't find the graham crackers so I had to use oat crackers but it all worked out in the end. By the time I was done letting it cool down, making the caramel and decorating it it was fajr.

Comment

Name:	salaad.png
Views:	90
Size:	518.2 KB
ID:	12722275

Best Healthy Dish: a simple cucumber tomato salad with raisins, cashews, olives and dill. (I also added a bit of olive oil, s&p and the olive juice)

Comment

Best toasted sandwich. Ever since I learned that you can put puff pastry in a sandwich toaster and not just bread, I've experimented with various recipes. The ruff puff keema patty I used to make before I became ill was probably the tastiest thing I'd ever cooked it was so moreish and all relatives and guests who've tried it have said it's brilliant though quite fattening and indulgent. Then I became ill and gave up gluten so thought I'd never get to eat it again... until recently when I discovered a gluten free puff pastry recipe so started trying to make it again at home and it's also delicious.

This time I used leftover chicken handi as the filling but it's still delicious served with a spoonful of ketchup or tamarind sauce on the side:
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Photo0261.jpg Views:	0 Size:	430.4 KB ID:	12722297

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                          Here is my cheese cake with walnuts and homemade caramel sauce.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 12.25.18 PM.png
Views:	101
Size:	544.3 KB
ID:	12722221Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 12.25.36 PM.png
Views:	96
Size:	505.4 KB
ID:	12722222

last night at literally midnight I decided to make this. I didn't have enough cream cheese so I made a half recipe and I couldn't find the graham crackers so I had to use oat crackers but it all worked out in the end. By the time I was done letting it cool down, making the caramel and decorating it it was fajr.
                          Looks tasty Alhamdulillah Allahumma Bareek 👍

Comment

Name:	salaad.png
Views:	90
Size:	518.2 KB
ID:	12722275

Best Healthy Dish: a simple cucumber tomato salad with raisins, cashews, olives and dill. (I also added a bit of olive oil, s&p and the olive juice)
                            That's actually a really good pic chef pippin 🙏

Comment

Best toasted sandwich. Ever since I learned that you can put puff pastry in a sandwich toaster and not just bread, I've experimented with various recipes. The ruff puff keema patty I used to make before I became ill was probably the tastiest thing I'd ever cooked it was so moreish and all relatives and guests who've tried it have said it's brilliant though quite fattening and indulgent. Then I became ill and gave up gluten so thought I'd never get to eat it again... until recently when I discovered a gluten free puff pastry recipe so started trying to make it again at home and it's also delicious.

This time I used leftover chicken handi as the filling but it's still delicious served with a spoonful of ketchup or tamarind sauce on the side:
                              Click image for larger version Name:	Photo0261.jpg Views:	0 Size:	430.4 KB ID:	12722297
                              Nice :)

Comment

Working...
                              X