Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would anyone be up for a monthly baking/cooking challenge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would anyone be up for a monthly baking/cooking challenge?

Something like, every month someone picks a food item and at the end of the month we share pictures of things we created using that specific item?
    ูˆูŽุฅูุฐูŽุง ุณูŽุฃูŽู„ูŽูƒูŽ ุนูุจูŽุงุฏููŠ ุนูŽู†ูู‘ูŠ ููŽุฅูู†ูู‘ูŠ ู‚ูŽุฑููŠุจูŒ ุฃูุฌููŠุจู ุฏูŽุนู’ูˆูŽุฉูŽ ุงู„ุฏู‘ูŽุงุนู ุฅูุฐูŽุง ุฏูŽุนูŽุงู†ู ููŽู„ู’ูŠูŽุณู’ุชูŽุฌููŠุจููˆุงู’ ู„ููŠ ูˆูŽู„ู’ูŠูุคู’ู…ูู†ููˆุงู’ ุจููŠ ู„ูŽุนูŽู„ู‘ูŽู‡ูู…ู’ ูŠูŽุฑู’ุดูุฏููˆู†ูŽ
    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
    Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
    [2:186]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

i like the idea of some sort of cooking or baking challenge on here yes. I'm not sure what you mean by picking a particular food item though.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
      i like the idea of some sort of cooking or baking challenge on here yes. I'm not sure what you mean by picking a particular food item though.
      Here's an example:

For August, the food item spotlight would be Egg. Then everyone has to cook/bake something that has eggs as its main ingredient. So a simple cake wouldn't work, since eggs are not the main ingredient. But things like custard cake, or flan, or quiche would be things that we'd make.

Then for September, someone could nominate the food item to be avocado, so everyone would have to think of their own recipe that has avocado as its star.

ูˆูŽุฅูุฐูŽุง ุณูŽุฃูŽู„ูŽูƒูŽ ุนูุจูŽุงุฏููŠ ุนูŽู†ูู‘ูŠ ููŽุฅูู†ูู‘ูŠ ู‚ูŽุฑููŠุจูŒ ุฃูุฌููŠุจู ุฏูŽุนู’ูˆูŽุฉูŽ ุงู„ุฏู‘ูŽุงุนู ุฅูุฐูŽุง ุฏูŽุนูŽุงู†ู ููŽู„ู’ูŠูŽุณู’ุชูŽุฌููŠุจููˆุงู’ ู„ููŠ ูˆูŽู„ู’ูŠูุคู’ู…ูู†ููˆุงู’ ุจููŠ ู„ูŽุนูŽู„ู‘ูŽู‡ูู…ู’ ูŠูŽุฑู’ุดูุฏููˆู†ูŽ
      "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."

Comment

Hmm I thought it would be something along those lines. I think if you stick with staple ingredients (such as best rice dish or best potato dish) or with staple categories (best lunchbox, best breakfast, best healthy dish or best home made takeaway) then that would probably work better than picking an ingredient like avocado that I think a lot of us don't really use.
        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Sure why not?

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
            Hmm I thought it would be something along those lines. I think if you stick with staple ingredients (such as best rice dish or best potato dish) or with staple categories (best lunchbox, best breakfast, best healthy dish or best home made takeaway) then that would probably work better than picking an ingredient like avocado that I think a lot of us don't really use.
            I thought that using a food item would allow for more creativity or get users to try new foods. Maybe instead of just one food item three can be mentioned and you just have to use one to make a dish.

As for avocado, there are tons of things you can do with it; smoothies, puddings, avocado toast, guacamole, etc... Avocado toast can yield tons of different variations too.

Comment

As much as I'd love to take part in this, I started my diet last Friday. I wish you did this last month, the foods I eat now are rather bland ;_;

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post

I thought that using a food item would allow for more creativity or get users to try new foods. Maybe instead of just one food item three can be mentioned and you just have to use one to make a dish.

As for avocado, there are tons of things you can do with it; smoothies, puddings, avocado toast, guacamole, etc... Avocado toast can yield tons of different variations too.
                I blend a whole avocado with lemon juice, tahini, salt, pepper and lots of garlic in a blender with a little bit of olive oil and use it instead of mayo for tuna salad. It is actually really delicious and you don't realize you're eating avocado. The only thing that I may add to it is a tiny pinch of xanthan gum to make sure the sauce doesn't separate.

Comment

This challenge actually sounds fun.

Can we actually follow through on it this time? People always make challenge threads and we never actually end up doing them.

Comment

id lurve to but i cant cook to save my life lol

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                      This challenge actually sounds fun.

Can we actually follow through on it this time? People always make challenge threads and we never actually end up doing them.
                      Sure.

Let's come up with some ideas for food items and I can make a poll tomorrow that lasts till Sunday. (Top three will be picked and then we can pick one of them for the challenge) Then we have start creating things till the end of July.

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                      id lurve to but i cant cook to save my life lol
                      That's the fun thing about a challenge, you can challenge yourself to cook/bake something.

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post

Sure.

Let's come up with some ideas for food items and I can make a poll tomorrow that lasts till Sunday. (Top three will be picked and then we can pick one of them for the challenge) Then we have start creating things till the end of July.

That's the fun thing about a challenge, you can challenge yourself to cook/bake something.
                        Okay I might give it a try in sha Allah ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜‡

Comment

InshaAllah will give it a try if I have time, ingredients and/or can get the ingredients in time.

Comment

I'll give it a go..unless my oven breaks down, or the ever present threat of a zombie apocalypse finally comes to pass
                            Spears shall be shaken! Shields shall be splintered! a sword day..a red day..ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin, and the world’s ending!

None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”

Comment

I'll partake with the things I can eat.

Why don't we step it up a notch and make it a weekly challenge? Give us more of an excuse to interact with one another on here.

Comment

Working...
                              X