pistachios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

I don't think I have tasted salted roasted almonds, but almonds are nice.. Hmm I've never thought of cashews being buttery before, a buttery nut just does not sound tempting in the least!
    when you next go lidl get the cashew nuts from there, theyure really nice and also do you like peanuts covered in chocolate? those are really nice from lidl Alhamdulillah

Comment

Nuts covered in chocolate are beautiful and addictive. Also one of the most delicious things I've had is called "praline almonds" from Holland and Barrett. If you think of Frosties as frosted cornflakes, Praline almonds are basically frosted almonds so they have this thin sweet coating and it's absolutely amazing. I had to stop buying it because it was so addictive and of course because I have an allergy to nuts but those who can have nuts will probably love this.

As for cashews, I think they're okay but on their own, I wouldn't enjoy them as much as other nuts. What I've found though is that for dairy intolerant people, cashew milk is a great alternative for making smoothies and milkshakes. Even for people who aren't dairy intolerant, I've made banana and blueberry smoothie using cashew milk and they really enjoy it. Because of the cashews buttery texture, it's a great dairy alternative in certain desserts and recipes- that's probably why some rich handi sauces are sometimes thickened and given a creamy texture with ground cashews depending on which part of India you go to.
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

i just hate having to crack them open out of the shell
        I HATE it too, puts me off
        so I use those beetle nut cutter what do you call it, zarda?

I like pistachios, cashews, the others are alright

Not a huge fan of pecan and walnuts, I can eat them though as they are packed full of nutrients

Pecan is nice in cereals mixed with chocolate

​​​​​​
        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

I HATE it too, puts me off
          so I use those beetle nut cutter what do you call it, zarda?

I like pistachios, cashews, the others are alright

Not a huge fan of pecan and walnuts, I can eat them though as they are packed full of nutrients

Pecan is nice in cereals mixed with chocolate

​​​​​​
          I'm not Pakistani so no idea what it's called in Urdu lol

I like all sort of nuts, also lurve raisins and sultanas tii

Comment

I'm not Pakistani so no idea what it's called in Urdu lol

I like all sort of nuts, also lurve raisins and sultanas tii
            I like raisins

It's nice with porridge

Not keen on sultanas
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

I like raisins

It's nice with porridge

Not keen on sultanas
              tbh i cant tell the difference between raisins and sultanas taste the same to me

Comment

tbh i cant tell the difference between raisins and sultanas taste the same to me
                I can tell the difference

Raisins have a chewier texture and more depth when it comes to the flavour of the juice
                sultanas are a little lighter but not as nice imo

Comment

I can tell the difference

Raisins have a chewier texture and more depth when it comes to the flavour of the juice
                  sultanas are a little lighter but not as nice imo

well sister if you shop in lidl get the pistachios, chocolate peanuts and chocolate raisins from there, you wont be disappointed in sha Allah

Comment

my first lurve......Pistachios

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	7E932175-A427-4334-80CD-20ADD63F344F.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	12781480Errrm i know I said I hated pistachios in this thread but I made a dessert with pistachios on them the other day :| and they tasted kinda nice
                      https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

ID:	12781480Errrm i know I said I hated pistachios in this thread but I made a dessert with pistachios on them the other day :| and they tasted kinda nice
                        wow Alhamdulillah Allahumma Bareek whats in there? looks awesome, is that some sort of baklava under the pistachios and whats the purple'ish stuff?

Comment

come over to the dark side lool

Comment

wow Alhamdulillah Allahumma Bareek whats in there? looks awesome, is that some sort of baklava under the pistachios and whats the purple'ish stuff?
                            It’s basically like an Om Ali it’s filo pastry brushed with butter then topped with condensed milk and double cream and cooked. Basically like a bread and butter pudding. The purple stuff is rose petals

Comment

It’s basically like an Om Ali it’s filo pastry brushed with butter then topped with condensed milk and double cream and cooked. Basically like a bread and butter pudding. The purple stuff is rose petals
                              yea i thought it might be that as i thought of indian food when i saw that....whats an om ali? and where in the world does it originate from?

Comment

yea i thought it might be that as i thought of indian food when i saw that....whats an om ali? and where in the world does it originate from?
                                It’s an Egyptian bread pudding

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X