Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Lemonade and raspberry flavoured ring doughnut by Krispy Kreme, 2/10, has a raspberry filling

If you like tangy and sour and have a bad taste in general, you will love this.

I shared it with my niece.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    I don't opt for sweets and candies unless it's marshmallows but chewits have the new chewits balls, one is sweet and the other sour.

I've tried the strawberry ball and it is very nice, I prefer it more than the original chewits, not that I ever used to buy those anyway. It's soft and has strawberry liquid feeling, isn't jaw breaking like the original.

I want to try the sour apple one, both are vegan.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Ohh how could I forget

The kinder cards is to SCREAM for
    Beautiful, utterly

At first I thought what a piece of a wafer but the layers are so well placed on top of one another, it's a great snack with tea

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Just saw Fakhri's salty lattack on my beloved thread
    but I will take the good out of it as it reminded me that I totally forgot to update it with my most recent adventures at the supermarket and new discoveries

I had ONE mint button (dairy milk) it's from Tesco and I think it should be available everywhere else, it's nothing to scream over

Had the salted caramel popcorn kitkat- disappointing unless you like those types of flavours

Vegan marshmallow called dandee something from Asda gluten free and vegan section, it's American so the name doesn't surprise me 😋

I have a soft spot for marshmallows

my dad saw me eating it and asks 'is that halal'

Thank you dear father

​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by neelu View Post
    ^I might have mentioned this before, but I once watched this food programme set in Australia where a chef had made a dessert inspired by Ferrero rocher- it was for a customer's birthday. It was a round chocolate shell studded with chopped hazelnuts but it was the size of an orange. Inside it had some ganache filling, a layer that was like chocolate rice crispies, it was served with ice cream and I can't remember all the details but it's the most spectacular dessert I've seen and I've wanted it ever since.
    I think I saw that but can't remember if it was an Australian or American show
    To me ferrero is one of the best chocolates, I haven't gotten tired of it yet

I've seen how people set up dessert tables with ferrero and some cream underneath in a small little cup for events

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied
    ^I might have mentioned this before, but I once watched this food programme set in Australia where a chef had made a dessert inspired by Ferrero rocher- it was for a customer's birthday. It was a round chocolate shell studded with chopped hazelnuts but it was the size of an orange. Inside it had some ganache filling, a layer that was like chocolate rice crispies, it was served with ice cream and I can't remember all the details but it's the most spectacular dessert I've seen and I've wanted it ever since.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    I've tried the ferrero rocher bar
    it was

😞

All my life I was waiting only to find out the troof

Won't be buying again, two quid it cost my greed
    I'll stick to the original fererro

it's not bad tasting but for the price it doesn't taste like fererro

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
    aelmo neelu funny you should mention toffee crisp,
    Heres the new krispy kreme toffee crisp doughnut lol 🍩😋🍩😋🍩😋
    I have tried that flavour and......

Big fat disappointment, it was basic, waste of my junk consumption
    I thought it would have the filling inside like the mint choc doughnut ring that was oozing with rich ganache type cream

I've tried the salted caramel, I don't like that flavour but thought I'd try it anyway and if you like those flavours, you'll enjoy that one
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    I l had a bounty followed by a snickers last night, proper midnight snack I must say 😲

Leave a comment:

• ten_toes
    replied
    Originally posted by Murid View Post

It is very healthy.
    Please google for health benefits of cocoa.
    Best is to drink organic cocoa formulas without sugar, maybe with honey and condensed milk.

About drinking before sleep:
    https://www.runtastic.com/blog/en/th...-sleep-better/
    Thank you. I actually do have sleep problems. I tried banana. But sometimes nothing you do will switch the brain off. neelu I decided to try hot chocolate (not cocoa) as you said warm milk makes you sleepy...I did get a nice sleep actually but I bet it'll stop working once I have to go back to early morning starts. That's a cute story about your nieces...these are fond memories they will have iA...and when they grow older, might think of making it just to reminisce about being little and playing in snow.

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied
    When cocoa was first discovered by the British centuries ago- they found it during a raid of a Spanish ship and they didn't know what to do with it (bear in mind Mexicans were using chocolate in their savoury dishes), so eventually it was made into cocoa by mixing it with milk. It caught on and became popular with Quakers, who were tee totallers and liked the idea of having a non alcoholic beverage. After some years and marketing, it began to appeal to kids as well cos it meant they can have a hot drink in the winter months that tastes better than plain milk.

I liked hot chocolate in my teens but now I've lost interest. It requires too much added sugar and sweetness (and cream) to get any enjoyment out of it and that just isn't worth it. Last time we made it in my house was when my nieces came round one afternoon after playing in the snow and they were shivering. It made sense to get them a warm drink to help them feel better and for young kids, you don't want to give them caffeine or that sort of thing either.

Originally posted by ten_toes View Post
    Why do ppl drink cocoa? It's not that nice. Also what is the cocoa before bed thing about?
    Cocoa before bed is probably because scientifically, warm milk before bed is supposed to help people get to feel calmer and get to sleep. Again, people would probably prefer to drink cocoa rather than plain milk.

Leave a comment:

• Murid
    replied

It is very healthy.
    Please google for health benefits of cocoa.
    Best is to drink organic cocoa formulas without sugar, maybe with honey and condensed milk.

About drinking before sleep:
    https://www.runtastic.com/blog/en/th...-sleep-better/

Leave a comment:

• ten_toes
    replied
    Why do ppl drink cocoa? It's not that nice. Also what is the cocoa before bed thing about?

Leave a comment:

• NancyD
    replied
    What do you think of the salted chocolate? Some of the chocolate bars I have seen lately have course salt sprinkled on the top, and I think it's pretty good, but can easily go wrong if they put too much.

Leave a comment:

• Murid
    replied

You could try Lindt Excellence, except "Excellence Dark Coconut".
    https://thehalallife.co.uk/products/lindt/

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X