Chocolate addicts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
    Too much to say on Cadburys fingers tins so decided to write a separate comment for it. A quick glance on ebay suggests that the more 'vintage' looking old fashioned empty tins are selling for around £8 and the more modern looking ones selling for about £3.

I also bought the van shaped tin which looked like the link below. My plan was to give it to my nieces on their birthday to serve alongside their birthday cake and other treats. My brother shot the idea down and I felt so disheartened. He became a bit health obsessed and said the only sweet treat they'll have on their birthday is the birthday cake as he didn't want them to "develop bad habits" by overindulging with other things. I'm quite careful about health matters myself but I was so disappointed with this- it's the sort of thing you'd expect kids to love and he tended to suck the joy out of life by doing such things. Eventually my parents ate the fingers inside the van tin so I thought I should present the tin to the kids by putting in a mixture of fingers packets, buttons and maybe animals biscuits but my brother just wouldn't allow it so the tin sits in the front room gathering dust now.

If I hadn't given up gluten, I'd be tempted to buy another one. You could say I could buy it anyway, give the contents to the rest of the family and keep the tin, but I'd feel too left out and deprived if I buy it and can't eat any of it so I'd rather not do that.

cadburys fingers tin at DuckDuckGo

They are really nice tins though aren't they?
    Yeh the tins are always nice, we have a collection

these days they are not worth it, they have a dairy milk one, tiny with small dairy chocolate chunks, it's just silly, not iconic anymore imo
    Once they had the dairy milk biscuit selection, there was a good amount of biscuits, I thought that was worth it for £5 but now they've stopped making tins that are worth buying even for 'souvenir' purpose

It's so bad

I've collected the toblerone, Reese's, After eight, lindt (I got this one online, heart shaped and gave it to my sister as a gift), creme egg, mini eggs, I know there's more, my minds gone blank

​​​​​​The only reason I'd buy quality street is for the triangle and they hardly have many of those.

It definitely is clever marketing, if someone isn't bothered about buying a tin of a chocolate item, they can by double the amount the tin is getting sold for

Oh sorry about your nieces, I think one off would have been ok but obviously they're not my kids, then again some family members will probably have used that one off treat be the reason to blame you for anything happening afterwards

Sometimes I'll share chocolate with my niece and nephews so that they're not eating the whole thing

​​​​​

Comment

• I'm missing out on the new chocolate, I tend to be on time for the new arrivals

I know that there is a double chocolate kit Kat that I would like to try in Sha Allah
      It looks good
      ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
        I'm missing out on the new chocolate, I tend to be on time for the new arrivals

I know that there is a double chocolate kit Kat that I would like to try in Sha Allah
        It looks good
        ​​​​​​
        Finally got the Kit Kat cookie from good ole Australia mate ( I didn't fly over there, it came to me).
        They have a certain type of cookie over there and it is nothing like the cookies in the UK. I prefer the British ones.

Kit Kat was ok, the cookie flavour was unfamiliar to me but it wasn't bad but different and I went to buy more for my sibling but it was out of stock. People must like it, seems to be popular. The siblings I shared it with liked it.

I think I prefer the mint ice cream one more. Mint is not my favourite flavour FYI.

Ben and Jerry's have collaborated with Tony chocolate bar so I have my eyes on those. Available at Asda

Comment

• Breaking news:

WHITE chocolate creme egg *screams like a girl*

My initial thoughts:

Too sugary (before I tried it), this is why siblings are handy, I asked my brother if he would like half. I then halved it with a small knife.

It was 4/5

I would probably buy again as a treat. It was nice.
          Last edited by Ya'sin; 1 week ago.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X