Chocolate addicts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
    Does anyone know where i can find a list of fairtrade chocolate brands?

Looks like due to the slavery/child labour issue I'd have to boycott cadburys and avoid other non fairtrade brands so I need options. I know there's a brand called 'divine' but hear it's not that impressive so would like to know other options. I already have green and blacks dark chocolate but am particularly interested in milk chocolate options.
    You could try the cooperative branded chocolate

​​​​​​And there's Tony's chocolate available in Sainsbury's
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Not heard of Tony's let alone tried it. Good that there are options in the supermarket- absolutely disgusting that most mainstream brands would rather use slave labour or fake ethical labels.

Would've preferred if a familiar brand was available so I'd know what taste to expect, but if those are the choices then I think I'll have to follow in your footsteps of trying out new products and seeing how I get on. Ideally I'd MUCH prefer if the brand is both organic and fair trade (even better if it's gluten free as well but as that's unlikely, I'd just go for brands that don't list wheat products in the ingredients).
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Not heard of Tony's let alone tried it. Good that there are options in the supermarket- absolutely disgusting that most mainstream brands would rather use slave labour or fake ethical labels.

Would've preferred if a familiar brand was available so I'd know what taste to expect, but if those are the choices then I think I'll have to follow in your footsteps of trying out new products and seeing how I get on. Ideally I'd MUCH prefer if the brand is both organic and fair trade (even better if it's gluten free as well but as that's unlikely, I'd just go for brands that don't list wheat products in the ingredients).
        incase you haven't checked it already, it's this one:
        https://tonyschocolonely.com/uk/en

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

• I've tried Tony's and I think it's nice
          it has a different taste but not a bad one

Btw I don't know about mars products but they are doing gluten free topic bars, the Asda I went to before had a few options including the galaxy, bounty and there others I can't remember

Comment

Not heard of Tony's let alone tried it. Good that there are options in the supermarket- absolutely disgusting that most mainstream brands would rather use slave labour or fake ethical labels.

I often feel in modern day capitalism it’s really difficult to find ethical consumption, but people should still definitely try. In the past we controlled pretty much all the source ingredients used for making food so we could ensure it’s ethical, but it’s no longer the case today.

Comment

• Flawed have you (or anyone else that is interested) tried the new desserts and frappes at Costa?

The mango one was so good

Usually I have low expectations for Costa but not bad, it's about time they sorted their drinks out

I also had the biscoff rocky road, that wasn't great, I shared it with a colleague who liked it but I will not be wasting my hard earned monet on that again

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                Flawed have you (or anyone else that is interested) tried the new desserts and frappes at Costa?

The mango one was so good

Usually I have low expectations for Costa but not bad, it's about time they sorted their drinks out

I also had the biscoff rocky road, that wasn't great, I shared it with a colleague who liked it but I will not be wasting my hard earned monet on that again
                I've tried all their frappe in the past and they weren't bad yasin, but I haven't tried their new mango one....which I'm going to now...thanks to you lol.

Not tried their new desserts I need to actually sit in and try their desserts out again bcos can't remember the last time I sat in :/ .....cbb tho..

Comment

• Originally posted by convert1019 View Post

I often feel in modern day capitalism it’s really difficult to find ethical consumption, but people should still definitely try. In the past we controlled pretty much all the source ingredients used for making food so we could ensure it’s ethical, but it’s no longer the case today.
                  I agree- it's really horrific the level of exploitation and unfair trade that goes on as the norm. Most of us just know about avoiding produce of 'Israel' but the injustice spreads far wider than that. It's one of the reasons I got involved with Hizb ut Tahrir as they explained how Islam doesn't just give rules on conducting our personal lives but also regulates the political affairs in a just manner and that all the other political systems (capitalism, communism, democracy, totalitarianism, secularism etc) are all haram for us- their fruits of inherent injustice should be enough for us to realise that but sadly only a few seem to understand the seriousness and sense of urgency we should feel about needing to rectify all this.

Anyway back to the fairtrade chocolate issue. I did put fairtrade Tony's chocolate on the shopping list as the product is on the Tesco website but my dad couldn't find it when he went there. Instead he bought green and blacks chocolate which is both fairtrade and organic so at least there's that option. Very disappointed that Cadburys grand claims about ethical farming turned out to be bogus. I try to buy organic fairtrade wherever I can.
                  The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawed View Post

I've tried all their frappe in the past and they weren't bad yasin, but I haven't tried their new mango one....which I'm going to now...thanks to you lol.

Not tried their new desserts I need to actually sit in and try their desserts out again bcos can't remember the last time I sat in :/ .....cbb tho..

I hardly sit in, I just take away and have it at my desk (everyone laughs at me for it)

But I need to cut down on these treats, putting on weight and me teef needs to stay intact and my purse needs help too

The mango one has those bubbles that you get in bubble tea
                    They have two versions, I've had the coconut and Mango, but there's also passionfruit and mango which I haven't tried

These new frappes are better than their old 'frostinos'

I didn't even have to ask them to give less ice

Comment

I agree- it's really horrific the level of exploitation and unfair trade that goes on as the norm. Most of us just know about avoiding produce of 'Israel' but the injustice spreads far wider than that. It's one of the reasons I got involved with Hizb ut Tahrir as they explained how Islam doesn't just give rules on conducting our personal lives but also regulates the political affairs in a just manner and that all the other political systems (capitalism, communism, democracy, totalitarianism, secularism etc) are all haram for us- their fruits of inherent injustice should be enough for us to realise that but sadly only a few seem to understand the seriousness and sense of urgency we should feel about needing to rectify all this.

Anyway back to the fairtrade chocolate issue. I did put fairtrade Tony's chocolate on the shopping list as the product is on the Tesco website but my dad couldn't find it when he went there. Instead he bought green and blacks chocolate which is both fairtrade and organic so at least there's that option. Very disappointed that Cadburys grand claims about ethical farming turned out to be bogus. I try to buy organic fairtrade wherever I can.
                      The sainsbury's near me has most of the varieties, I brought the hazelnut bar and it was quite good

Comment

I hardly sit in, I just take away and have it at my desk (everyone laughs at me for it)
                        But I need to cut down on these treats, putting on weight and me teef needs to stay intact and my purse needs help too
                        The mango one has those bubbles that you get in bubble tea
                        They have two versions, I've had the coconut and Mango, but there's also passionfruit and mango which I haven't tried
                        These new frappes are better than their old 'frostinos'
                        I didn't even have to ask them to give less ice
                        Today I went to buy the mango frappe instead I got the chocolate oat velvet latte drink and it wasn't bad lol.

I need to stop drinking coffee now though its not really good for me it make me anxious and then I end up with a headache :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawed View Post

Today I went to buy the mango frappe instead I got the chocolate oat velvet latte drink and it wasn't bad lol.

I need to stop drinking coffee now though its not really good for me it make me anxious and then I end up with a headache :(
                          Ohh
                          I don't think I've tried that

Yeh don't drink coffee, I don't always have it

In Sha Allah I intend on cutting down on these treats

Comment

• I've got the maltesers marshmallow

I wanted to take a pic but it's too long

Haven't tried it yet, I thought my sister was going to visit today so I was planning on opening today so she can taste it too

​​​​​​It says marshmallow flavoured chocolate which is just hmm I thought it would have marshmallow inside it
                            I found this in BnM

It won't be available elsewhere, it's Australian mate, I don't know why they have all these different flavours and the UK doesn't

Comment

• Tasted the maltesers and it so bad
                              one of the worst flavours I have tasted

Comment

Tasted the maltesers and it so bad
                                one of the worst flavours I have tasted
                                Oh no...lol.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X