No announcement yet.

Chocolate addicts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I l had a bounty followed by a snickers last night, proper midnight snack I must say 😲

Comment

• Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
      aelmo neelu funny you should mention toffee crisp,
      Heres the new krispy kreme toffee crisp doughnut lol 🍩😋🍩😋🍩😋
      I have tried that flavour and......

Big fat disappointment, it was basic, waste of my junk consumption
      I thought it would have the filling inside like the mint choc doughnut ring that was oozing with rich ganache type cream

I've tried the salted caramel, I don't like that flavour but thought I'd try it anyway and if you like those flavours, you'll enjoy that one
      ​​​​​​
      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• I've tried the ferrero rocher bar
        it was

😞

All my life I was waiting only to find out the troof

Won't be buying again, two quid it cost my greed
        I'll stick to the original fererro

it's not bad tasting but for the price it doesn't taste like fererro

​​​​​​
        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

• ^I might have mentioned this before, but I once watched this food programme set in Australia where a chef had made a dessert inspired by Ferrero rocher- it was for a customer's birthday. It was a round chocolate shell studded with chopped hazelnuts but it was the size of an orange. Inside it had some ganache filling, a layer that was like chocolate rice crispies, it was served with ice cream and I can't remember all the details but it's the most spectacular dessert I've seen and I've wanted it ever since.
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
            ^I might have mentioned this before, but I once watched this food programme set in Australia where a chef had made a dessert inspired by Ferrero rocher- it was for a customer's birthday. It was a round chocolate shell studded with chopped hazelnuts but it was the size of an orange. Inside it had some ganache filling, a layer that was like chocolate rice crispies, it was served with ice cream and I can't remember all the details but it's the most spectacular dessert I've seen and I've wanted it ever since.
            I think I saw that but can't remember if it was an Australian or American show
            To me ferrero is one of the best chocolates, I haven't gotten tired of it yet

I've seen how people set up dessert tables with ferrero and some cream underneath in a small little cup for events

Comment

• Just saw Fakhri's salty lattack on my beloved thread
              but I will take the good out of it as it reminded me that I totally forgot to update it with my most recent adventures at the supermarket and new discoveries

I had ONE mint button (dairy milk) it's from Tesco and I think it should be available everywhere else, it's nothing to scream over

Had the salted caramel popcorn kitkat- disappointing unless you like those types of flavours

Vegan marshmallow called dandee something from Asda gluten free and vegan section, it's American so the name doesn't surprise me 😋

I have a soft spot for marshmallows

my dad saw me eating it and asks 'is that halal'

Thank you dear father

​​​​​

Comment

• Ohh how could I forget

The kinder cards is to SCREAM for
                Beautiful, utterly

At first I thought what a piece of a wafer but the layers are so well placed on top of one another, it's a great snack with tea

Comment

• I don't opt for sweets and candies unless it's marshmallows but chewits have the new chewits balls, one is sweet and the other sour.

I've tried the strawberry ball and it is very nice, I prefer it more than the original chewits, not that I ever used to buy those anyway. It's soft and has strawberry liquid feeling, isn't jaw breaking like the original.

I want to try the sour apple one, both are vegan.

Comment

• Lemonade and raspberry flavoured ring doughnut by Krispy Kreme, 2/10, has a raspberry filling

If you like tangy and sour and have a bad taste in general, you will love this.

I shared it with my niece.

Comment

• I've tried Terry's orange truffle- I liked it
                      ​​​​​​Fererro white choc (I've tried the other two flavours) bar- you will probably like it if you are a Rafaello fan

Had the Yorkie orange bar, it's been around for some time, I shared it with my brother and the wispa hazelnut flavour, that was bad, they shouldn't have added caramel to it.

Mochi chocolate hazelnut- I wasn't that impressed, I prefer mango, coconut and pistachio flavour.

Lindt hazelnut spread- just stick to Nutella it's cheaper and the same but the original

Need to try the Lindt hot chocolate.

I have tried other newbies but can't remember what

Comment

• Has anyone tried carob? It's not quite chocolate as it's made from a different plant but it looks very similar, is used in sweet snack bars and I think it's meant to be healthier. Many years ago, didi used to buy carob bars from the health shop and I was very young back then, I assumed they were chocolate cos I couldn't tell the difference and I was addicted to them. Now I haven't seen it anywhere in ages and would like to find out more about it.

Comment

• Just for informative fun.

Put in Google please "Iron in chocolate" and after "Iron in beef".
                          Interesting finds

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
                            Has anyone tried carob? It's not quite chocolate as it's made from a different plant but it looks very similar, is used in sweet snack bars and I think it's meant to be healthier. Many years ago, didi used to buy carob bars from the health shop and I was very young back then, I assumed they were chocolate cos I couldn't tell the difference and I was addicted to them. Now I haven't seen it anywhere in ages and would like to find out more about it.
                            I've had the carob syrup in tea but haven't tried the bars
                            I think it looks similar to those 'Nak'd' bars, I've tried the banana flavour, took a box when I went Saudi because it was a healthier alternative to other ready made snacks.

Comment

• Tried something new from Waitrose and it was nice. It's called "chocolate tiffin" and looks a lot like millionaires shortbread but it's definitely different- not sure how to describe it. It has a chocolatey layer on top and a bit of biscuit at the bottom and a few raisins at the bottom and something else at the bottom layer that I don't know how to describe, but it was very nice. I almost posted this in the no sugar thread and then realised it's the wrong thread for this and came here.

I actually really like millionaires shortbread, but I realised that I much prefer it the way my dad makes it. Millionaires shortbread from the supermarket is okay, but they make it too sweet cos they put milk chocolate on top. considering that the bottom layer is a sweet biscuit and the middle layer is a super sweet caramel, milk chocolate on top makes it over sweet- whereas at home we put dark chocolate on top and instead of biscuit, we put gluten free shortcrust because the sweetness of the caramel layer gives enough sweetness and the other layers balance it out so it tastes better that way. That's why I saw millionaires shortbread in waitrose that was gluten free but still didn't buy it.

Comment

• Where are my chocolate lover at

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X