Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    Anyone else a big cheesecake fan
    I hardly ever get it but on the rare occasions my mum cooks one without gelatin I love it

She made this mars bars rocky road cheesecake that was amazing
    Yeh it's nice and I make it without gelatine
    I hardly make it because it's still effort breaking the biscuits

My niece wanted me to make her a strawberry one, I forgot and her birthday has passed

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I hardly ever get it but on the rare occasions my mum cooks one without gelatin I love it

I like cheesecake. I've never baked a cheesecake but in the past I've made a cheat's lemon cheesecake (ie a no bake cheesecake) and it turned out really well. I made some for didi's nikah and a couple of other special occasions and although the taste is quite well liked, but the portions have to be small cos everyone says it's very rich. I can eat a medium portion of it cos I enjoy it and it doesn't feel like too much for me but didi and other people have said it tastes nice but cos it's so rich, the medium piece is too big and they much prefer the small size. A couple of months back my brother made a no bake chocolate cheesecake and I wanted to resist it cos the base contains gluten but I couldn't help myself and tried a bit... then a bit more... then a bit more and it was really good- but bad cos I need to stay away from gluten. My body paid for it afterwards so can't do that again. M&S do a gluten free new york style vanilla cheesecake which I tried a year or two ago and that's delicious.
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

yeah i love it too, made it earlier this week. Its the easiest dessert to make too(fridge version) which can taste better than the oven version aswell. So easy and delicious Alhamdulillaah. I can share an easy recipe if u want.
        And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
        [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

I agree the lindt hazelnut bar is good
          I want to try the lindor exotic flavours, mango, pistachio and matcha
          I haven't had their hot drinks at their shop or anything, I ordered a box of the chocolate latte and drank that

I want to try the Ben and Jerry's rainbow dough
          I'm not a fan of the exotic flavours in choc/desserts, one of my siblings like them though. Ive tried the rainbow dough it was very sweet but i love sweet and its actually one of my faves right now. I would highly recommend it.
          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�

Comment

• Originally posted by Creamcake View Post

yeah i love it too, made it earlier this week. Its the easiest dessert to make too(fridge version) which can taste better than the oven version aswell. So easy and delicious Alhamdulillaah. I can share an easy recipe if u want.
            Yes please share the recipe jazak Allah khair
            Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

• I'm looking forward to making a black forest cake. 🤨😐🤔

Comment

Yes please share the recipe jazak Allah khair
                Its this one, really easy, refridgerated and tastes so good Alhamdulillaah, much better than the supermarket ones here. Depends on your preferences ofcourse, this depends on you liking vanilla cheesecake. You can replace the vanilla pod with vanilla extract/vanilla bean paste or anything vanillirie(or even omit altogether and its still good). If you do try making it, let us know how it goes Inshaa'Allaah.

Wa Iyyaka.
                https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/vanilla-cheesecake

Comment

Yeh it's nice and I make it without gelatine
                  I hardly make it because it's still effort breaking the biscuits

My niece wanted me to make her a strawberry one, I forgot and her birthday has passed

Im guessing you normally break the biscuits in a sandwich bag with a rolling pin, if you blitz then em in a food processor its a lot easier and faster, i tend to do that nowadays

Comment

• Pat a cake pat a cake bake me a cake....anyone...pls...ta... cant be bothered going out...

Comment

Im guessing you normally break the biscuits in a sandwich bag with a rolling pin, if you blitz then em in a food processor its a lot easier and faster, i tend to do that nowadays
                      Not enough space in the cupboards to store a grinder, I contemplated buying one a few years ago but it will go to waste, we grind spices using the small machine that comes with a blender
                      hardly make cheesecake because it's junk for a bit of an effort, although cheesecakes are super easy to make

I'd rather take time out to make savoury dishes

Eesa, will you be making milky way cheesecake? all you'll need to do is add a few chunks but not too many and then decorate the cheesecake by crumbling up the bars on top however you want to design it
                      ​​​​​​
                      Either way, take pics will ya

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawed View Post
                        I'm looking forward to making a black forest cake. 🤨😐🤔
                        I've never made that
                        can't be bovvad mate

Eaton mess is super easy so damn gud

Hubba hubba

Comment

I've never made that
                          can't be bovvad mate

Eaton mess is super easy so damn gud

Hubba hubba
                          Lol. Ikr. But honestly I throw in all the ingredients and give it a good mix and then I pour it into the cake tins and its done. 😇

The easiest is choco trifle and cheesecakes...but they take lo g to set!!!!

Comment

Not enough space in the cupboards to store a grinder, I contemplated buying one a few years ago but it will go to waste, we grind spices using the small machine that comes with a blender
                            hardly make cheesecake because it's junk for a bit of an effort, although cheesecakes are super easy to make

I'd rather take time out to make savoury dishes

Eesa, will you be making milky way cheesecake? all you'll need to do is add a few chunks but not too many and then decorate the cheesecake by crumbling up the bars on top however you want to design it
                            ​​​​​​
                            Either way, take pics will ya

That makes sense, we don't have a lot of space either always struggling and got stuff everywhere not just in the kitchen :/ gadgets I mean. Recently got one of those things to dice stuff such as onions to avoid CRYING, its so painful. And to grind spices, as we never had one of those before either. The blender we use is a big one so a bit annoying to wash, and we used to use it for savoury stuff (y'all may probably have one its just a normal blender not grinder). I know everyone will think.. but curries and then desserts in the same thing! But meh, the biscuits never taste of curry, so I don't see the biggie lol. Yeah so easy to make and love the taste.

I've only started making savoury stuff recently, and generally harder/more time consuming. I've seen a recipe for swedish meatballs that I want to try and potato dauphinoise, since we have some cream that needs to be used. Not sure when though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawed View Post

Lol. Ikr. But honestly I throw in all the ingredients and give it a good mix and then I pour it into the cake tins and its done. 😇

The easiest is choco trifle and cheesecakes...but they take lo g to set!!!!
                              Thanks to you and aelmo, I have cake on ma mind

Comment

That makes sense, we don't have a lot of space either always struggling and got stuff everywhere not just in the kitchen :/ gadgets I mean. Recently got one of those things to dice stuff such as onions to avoid CRYING, its so painful. And to grind spices, as we never had one of those before either. The blender we use is a big one so a bit annoying to wash, and we used to use it for savoury stuff (y'all may probably have one its just a normal blender not grinder). I know everyone will think.. but curries and then desserts in the same thing! But meh, the biscuits never taste of curry, so I don't see the biggie lol. Yeah so easy to make and love the taste.

I've only started making savoury stuff recently, and generally harder/more time consuming. I've seen a recipe for swedish meatballs that I want to try and potato dauphinoise, since we have some cream that needs to be used. Not sure when though.
                                Yum
                                sounds nice, I've never attempted dauphonoise

we tend to stay away from dishes that are mostly potatoes
                                Of course we make aloo bhaji and Bora just not too much

I love curries though, we don't add too much oil or drown it in fat
                                Tends to be healthier than the version people criticise

​​​​​​

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X