No announcement yet.

Chocolate addicts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are smarties halal or is there controversy over their food colourings as well? I used to eat them a lot.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Alhamdullilah

Yeh, it's nice but won't be getting again as I've tried it a few times before
      Cool..........i'll try it sometime then tell you what i think. Btw do you like Maltesers??

I used to love Maltesers. And another tip if you put chocolate into the fridge for an hour or so they taste much better when you actually eat them. Kind of cool and crispy
      'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'

Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Comment

• Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

There is a difference of opinion in the madhaaib over this. The Maalikis deem it permissible. Other scholars state that if something impure is changed into something pure so much so that is no longer distinguishable to the original substance then it becomes pure so they too would allow m&ms
        Well i'm not a Maaliki so whatever. Thanks for trying.

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

I stopped eating mnms a long time ago, many years back and I tell everyone it's Haram because if the beetle blood they use for the colour
        the halal version from abroad doesn't match the original

A shame!

Originally posted by ten_toes View Post
        The lidl version of it is vegetarian now
        Hmn, i'll try them!

neelu - "Yes, both SMARTIES® and SMARTIES® Buttons are suitable for a vegetarian diet." - however they're not halal certified. so that's a yes?

https://www.smarties.co.uk/faqs#
        Per aspera ad astra.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Al-Mualim;n12777560]

How rude
          https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post

neelu - "Yes, both SMARTIES® and SMARTIES® Buttons are suitable for a vegetarian diet." - however they're not halal certified. so that's a yes?

https://www.smarties.co.uk/faqs#
            Ooh that should mean a yes- cool. I don't really eat them anymore but many years ago my favourite thing was their hollow chocolate eggs (sold around Easter time) that were the size of creme eggs and contained mini smarties. It was like the perfect portion size and I loved it. Also back when I was well enough to bake cakes some 15-20 years ago, I used to decorate them by pouring a layer of chocolate over the cake and topping it with smarties. It looked gorgeous I wish I'd taken a photo back then- the people whose birthdays I baked them for really loved it and the cakes were completely devoured within about 24 hours.

It turned out looking a lot like this:
            smarties cake at DuckDuckGo

Comment

• [QUOTE=Layla_;n12777561]
              Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post

How rude
              I apologise, for being blunt. Jazak'Allah Khair for trying!

Hey look a distraction, update your blog! - It's been almost a month! Stop slacking.

Originally posted by neelu View Post

Ooh that should mean a yes- cool. I don't really eat them anymore but many years ago my favourite thing was their hollow chocolate eggs (sold around Easter time) that were the size of creme eggs and contained mini smarties. It was like the perfect portion size and I loved it. Also back when I was well enough to bake cakes some 15-20 years ago, I used to decorate them by pouring a layer of chocolate over the cake and topping it with smarties. It looked gorgeous I wish I'd taken a photo back then- the people whose birthdays I baked them for really loved it and the cakes were completely devoured within about 24 hours.

It turned out looking a lot like this:
              smarties cake at DuckDuckGo
              You are full of stories and anecdotes grams bear, I hope didi enjoyed the cake!

Per aspera ad astra.

Comment

• I used to like care bears as a kid lol

[QUOTE=Al-Mualim;n12777576]
                Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
                I apologise, for being blunt. Jazak'Allah Khair for trying!

Hey look a distraction, update your blog! - It's been almost a month! Stop slacking.

You are full of stories and anecdotes grams bear, I hope didi enjoyed the cake!

She said it was good. In fact I thought I failed at it because I was planning to make a chocolate cake, made the cake batter, poured it into cake tins, then realised I'd forgotten the cocoa powder, so I stirred it in last minute and when it came out of the oven, it didn't look like a chocolate cake, it was more of a marble cake. I thought I'd done it wrong but she said marble cakes are good too and it's really fine as it is. That's why I sent you the marble cake photo. Google images show smartie cakes that are WAAAAAY more elaborate than this but I'm still very proud of it and it tasted nice.

Actually I baked two cakes like this. The first was for a local girl's (I think 9th birthday) her mum is a family friend and her dad was very abusive and mistreating them a lot so I thought I should do something for her (this isn't something I normally do btw). The family absolutely loved the cake, I think the birthday girl ate half of it.

A few weeks later my brother's birthday was coming up and he asked me to make the same type of cake cos his kids were toddlers so he knew they'd like that and that was the cake my family had.

Comment

• Originally posted by detached soul View Post

Cool..........i'll try it sometime then tell you what i think. Btw do you like Maltesers??

I used to love Maltesers. And another tip if you put chocolate into the fridge for an hour or so they taste much better when you actually eat them. Kind of cool and crispy
                  I don't mind it
                  I already do that sometimes, esp with wispa, what a stunner

Can I just let you all know an ADDICT usually knows all these tricks

If I didn't then i'd be
                  deeply disappointed in myself lmso
                  'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

I don't mind it
                    I already do that sometimes, esp with wispa, what a stunner

Can I just let you all know an ADDICT usually knows all these tricks

If I didn't then i'd be
                    deeply disappointed in myself lmso
                    Sorry for thinking that you were not a seasoned chocolate professional. I love Wispa too, just amazing so textured and so fine

Comment

Sorry for thinking that you were not a seasoned chocolate professional. I love Wispa too, just amazing so textured and so fine
                      You don't have to lie lol. Wispa is just a whisper when you're eating it not tasty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawed View Post

You don't have to lie lol. Wispa is just a whisper when you're eating it not tasty.
                        What do you mean Flawed. Am i correct in thinking that you dont like wispa??

Comment

What do you mean Flawed. Am i correct in thinking that you dont like wispa??
                          I was just pulling your leg cos yes I dont like wispa its not bad but not my type.

Comment

I was just pulling your leg cos yes I dont like wispa its not bad but not my type.
                            How dastardly of you Flawed pulling my leg like that! How could you?? So what is your type then Ms Flawed??

Comment

How dastardly of you Flawed pulling my leg like that! How could you?? So what is your type then Ms Flawed??
                              😑

Well I like Ferrero rochers and Toblerone they're good. And twix is arite.

What about yourself?

Comment

😑

Well I like Ferrero rochers and Toblerone they're good. And twix is arite.

What about yourself?
                                Twirl, Mint Aero, Flake to name but a few! Ferero rocher is too expensive for a pauper like me Toblerone is arite. Oh yeah and i like Yorkie, Cadbury's Dairy MIlk and Whole Nut too.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X