Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chocolate addicts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Abisali Sorry i can't find where you quoted me on another thread (notifications dissapear) but regarding the cream cake, normally i make the cream element, by following a 'whipping cream recipe' which is is really simple and involves for example: 240ml of heavy whipping/double cream (that you will need to whip to soft peaks), 15-30grams of icing/powdered sugar (not caster sugar) and vanilla pod (i say pod rather than essence as the essence has alcohol in). This is what i like for a topping.

    Now my family prefers when i make vanilla buttercream. So that's made by putting half the amount of butter to icing/powdered sugar, and a vanilla pod, and creaming this altogether. This is also a nice topping for cakes.

    In regards to the cake itself..many different good recipes online. Personally i find adding a little bit less sugar and more butter (and melting the butter for moistness in the cake too) is very good..but i love buttery moist cakes, so it depends on preference. And ones that call both for eggs and milk in the recipe too.

    Also there are some cakes i.e banana cakes/carrot cakes that ppl downplay or forget how delicious they are homeade!If you google 'Sallys baking homeade banana cake' that one is absolutely delicious Alhamdulillah, incredible.. i recommend to everyone. Only thing i'd say is it takes while to cook..between 45 mins n 1 hr 10 mins (depending on oven etc) so check it and pls cover with foil if its browning too quick ontop but uncooked in middle. (Any cakes tht arent cooked when testing with knife/toothpick but browning quickly..always cover with foil, means they won't burn the top and rest continues cooking). That website if u google sallys baking carrot cake..also has a wonderful carrot cake recipe. And another site too. If you/anyone is interested i can link them.

    Also if u can.. doing wudhoo before making ur cake.. and saying like Bismillaah and even a little duaa for ur cake, deffo helps. It might sound funny coz a cake is such a trivial thing, but it will only turn out good if Allaah wills it.

    sorry cake essay over

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
      Abisali Sorry i can't find where you quoted me on another thread (notifications dissapear) but regarding the cream cake, normally i make the cream element, by following a 'whipping cream recipe' which is is really simple and involves for example: 240ml of heavy whipping/double cream (that you will need to whip to soft peaks), 15-30grams of icing/powdered sugar (not caster sugar) and vanilla pod (i say pod rather than essence as the essence has alcohol in). This is what i like for a topping.

      Now my family prefers when i make vanilla buttercream. So that's made by putting half the amount of butter to icing/powdered sugar, and a vanilla pod, and creaming this altogether. This is also a nice topping for cakes.

      In regards to the cake itself..many different good recipes online. Personally i find adding a little bit less sugar and more butter (and melting the butter for moistness in the cake too) is very good..but i love buttery moist cakes, so it depends on preference. And ones that call both for eggs and milk in the recipe too.

      Also there are some cakes i.e banana cakes/carrot cakes that ppl downplay or forget how delicious they are homeade!If you google 'Sallys baking homeade banana cake' that one is absolutely delicious Alhamdulillah, incredible.. i recommend to everyone. Only thing i'd say is it takes while to cook..between 45 mins n 1 hr 10 mins (depending on oven etc) so check it and pls cover with foil if its browning too quick ontop but uncooked in middle. (Any cakes tht arent cooked when testing with knife/toothpick but browning quickly..always cover with foil, means they won't burn the top and rest continues cooking). That website if u google sallys baking carrot cake..also has a wonderful carrot cake recipe. And another site too. If you/anyone is interested i can link them.

      Also if u can.. doing wudhoo before making ur cake.. and saying like Bismillaah and even a little duaa for ur cake, deffo helps. It might sound funny coz a cake is such a trivial thing, but it will only turn out good if Allaah wills it.

      sorry cake essay over
      I love the whipped topping you describe. It is my favorite, better than all other cake toppings or frosting. I understand about the vanilla pod, even though Islamqa says the alcohol that is used in cooking may be acceptable, I am still pretty apprehensive about it so I now avoid purchasing it. Would rather not support any production of alcohol at all, even if it means giving up my favorite store bought cake.

      Vanilla buttercream is also one of my favorites. Well, really, I love butter and it makes everything delicious. I agree with adding a little less sugar. I am not a fan of overly sweet things. Don't get me wrong, I love my sweets, but never was I a fan of biting into something and all I taste was sugar.

      Homemade desserts are really underrated. I have yet to taste a carrot cake better than the one I used to make. Saying Bismillah and making a dua'a helps with everything, as you said, things only turn out good if Allah wills it.

      Please don't link me to recipes. I am nearly finished with getting rid of all the junk in my home(like a day or two and I should be done) and want to give up sugar and grains (except steel cut oats) in order to lose weight that I desperately need to. I just like talking about food, it's one of my favorite subjects.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Abisali View Post

        I love the whipped topping you describe. It is my favorite, better than all other cake toppings or frosting. I understand about the vanilla pod, even though Islamqa says the alcohol that is used in cooking may be acceptable, I am still pretty apprehensive about it so I now avoid purchasing it. Would rather not support any production of alcohol at all, even if it means giving up my favorite store bought cake.

        Vanilla buttercream is also one of my favorites. Well, really, I love butter and it makes everything delicious. I agree with adding a little less sugar. I am not a fan of overly sweet things. Don't get me wrong, I love my sweets, but never was I a fan of biting into something and all I taste was sugar.

        Homemade desserts are really underrated. I have yet to taste a carrot cake better than the one I used to make. Saying Bismillah and making a dua'a helps with everything, as you said, things only turn out good if Allah wills it.

        Please don't link me to recipes. I am nearly finished with getting rid of all the junk in my home(like a day or two and I should be done) and want to give up sugar and grains (except steel cut oats) in order to lose weight that I desperately need to. I just like talking about food, it's one of my favorite subjects.
        Sorry i didn't realise you were doing that, i definitely won't then. May Allaah grant you goodness and make it easy for you. Ameen. I think i remember you mentioning health/weight related things on another thread, im also trying to lose weight by reducing calories, but changing ones diet/lifestyle to eat better foods is definitely a preferable choice.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Creamcake View Post

          Sorry i didn't realise you were doing that, i definitely won't then. May Allaah grant you goodness and make it easy for you. Ameen. I think i remember you mentioning health/weight related things on another thread, im also trying to lose weight by reducing calories, but changing ones diet/lifestyle to eat better foods is definitely a preferable choice.
          Its ok, food is one of my favorite topics to discuss. Even while fasting during Ramadan, I like to watch cooking videos on YouTube.

          But yeah, I need to lose weight and respect the body Allah has given me.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by reached View Post
            Nutella filled rotis anyone?

            http://ibb.co/rt3Wft5
            This is my breakfast every single day.

            Comment


            • NUIi choc ice cream is delicious.

              Comment


              • I have tried the double decker ice cream, had to share it, it is a small tub

                it was ok, wouldn't buy it again
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                Comment


                • Wow! You guys really love chocolate. I don't even remember the last time I had chocolate, tbh. I must say Europe has pretty good chocolate tho. I have been to the Netherlands, Belgium, and London and we always bring back some yummy chocolate. I'm not really a sweet tooth person. So I should probably step out of this thread.. hahaha

                  Comment


                  • Just found out that Kit kats are no longer fair trade. Nestle are ditching the fair trade label for a number of products so it's led me to think more about how we should buy fair trade because so much of the cocoa comes from slave labour and I've heard Ferrero (as in Rocher and Nutella) and Hersheys are guilty of this. I then noticed my gluten free kit kats don't have a fair trade label either so that's put me off and I'd like to find out about if there are any good fair trade chocolates out there especially gluten free ones.

                    I normally have green and blacks velvet edition or twirl or gluten free chocolate wafers so a fair trade equivalent of those would be ideal.
                    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post

                      This is my breakfast every single day.
                      every.... day?!

                      Comment


                      • I like twirl. That has been a consistent favourite. I stopped liking some chocolates in the last few years, but i believe thats because of being 'depressed'. Quite recently i felt quite positive (short term) and had kitkat which i dont really like anymore, and it tasted great.

                        Comment


                        • Picnics are fine (raisins), Fry's chocolate cream totally acceptable (dark colour) , peanut M&Ms no problem (nuts ) same for Snickers , Toblerone no harm (triangle) , Maltesers don't count (mostly air) , milky bars (its milk for heaven's sake) freddo (too small to register) ..I could go on.

                          Comment


                          • I am addicted to chocolate and sweets , they just taste so good

                            Comment


                            • I’ve discovered the most amazing thing. Atkins bars.

                              they only have like 2g of carbs in them 😱😱😱😱

                              I wanted to buy them from iherb because they are much cheaper but I noticed that on the ingredient list of the ones I buy here it says halal beef gelatin and the ones on iherb don’t have that ☹️

                              Comment


                              • Last chocolate I had was milka raisin and hazelnuts. Gifted to us.

                                It was ok, expected it to be better but the chocolate tasted a bit off.


                                ​​​​​​
                                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                                So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X