The Iftar Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

Don’t you get hungry with only water sis?
    No, I don't get hungry at all. I think I'm use to it because even on regularly days I forget to eat until late into the afternoon.

Also, by suhoor time I still feel full from iftar. We have iftar late and suhoor is too early.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
      I had melon slices for suhuur and a glass of water with black seed oil.
      So that resulted in me being extra hungry lol.
      Layla_ I will have porridge with honey and banana tomorrow morning in sha Allah. Sounds healthy and filling.
      Sis it’s proper filling I don’t feel hungry at all alhamdulillah. I do also add black seeds to it, some chia seeds and some flax seed and it keeps me going oh I forgot chop dates in it

I find the best food to avoid hunger are dates, bananas, porridge and milk
      https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

iftari- khajur(dates), pakora(fritters), samosa, and fruit salad.

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

Sis it’s proper filling I don’t feel hungry at all alhamdulillah. I do also add black seeds to it, some chia seeds and some flax seed and it keeps me going oh I forgot chop dates in it

I find the best food to avoid hunger are dates, bananas, porridge and milk
          Do put the flax seeds on top of the porridge just like that? Isn't it going to be chewy?

Comment

Do put the flax seeds on top of the porridge just like that? Isn't it going to be chewy?
            I put it on top and no it’s not chewwy sis

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post

There are different ways to make it.

If you can buy kenefe dough it will be much easier but there is also kenefe na'ameh or kanafe kazabi as I like to call it, which uses this grain called smeed (I think its semolina in English) which I actually enjoy more and its easier to come by.

This was the kenefe my sister made last night. She did a real version and then she made some in cupcake tins which are the dome shaped ones.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4753.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	12692844Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4754.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	12692845
              What is that please sister?

Comment

Originally posted by BK View Post

What is that please sister?
                Kunafa (Arabic: كُنافة‎, [kʊˈnaːfa] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanafeh is a arabic dessert that comes from Egypt and the Sham(levent).

Assalamu Alaykom
                Last edited by ABDEL-ATHEEM; 30-04-20, 09:02 AM.
                ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created the earth and everything in the earth and created all of the heavens and everything in all of these heavens and created all of the hells and everything in all of these hells and created all of the universes and everything in all of these universes and created everything in between them.

Comment

Originally posted by sajid View Post
                  Pitta and Humous would be lovely
                  absolutely!
                  I don't like the shop ones big too oily
                  I don't like the homemade ones I made it the once it wasn't a quite right.

Do you know the Arabic version is absolutely amazing.
                  you ever been to jaffar restaurant in Manchester on the conner. The Arabic salad with spicy potatoes absolutely amazing.
                  ​​​​​​

185 Wilmslow Rd, Rusholme, Manchester M14 5AP
                  Recommend it 👌🏾

Comment

Have you ever tried chai seeds in top. Nice and crunchy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

I put it on top and no it’s not chewwy sis
                      You tried chai seeds Sis?

Comment

• Originally posted by BK View Post

You tried chai seeds Sis?
                        Chia seeds sis? Yes I usually put it on my porridge sis

Comment

• Originally posted by ABDEL-ATHEEM View Post

Kunafa (Arabic: كُنافة‎, [kʊˈnaːfa] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanafeh is a arabic dessert that comes from Egypt and the Sham(levent).

Assalamu Alaykom
                          Oh dear I don't like rose water in food.
                          Looks nice though.

Comment

Oh dear I don't like rose water in food.
                            Looks nice though.
                            It only like one 1/8 teaspoon of rose water in the recipe. You would not even taste it in the kunafa in shaa ALLAH.
                            Rose water is optional according to this link.
                            Here is a link to the recipe https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/215590/kanafa/
                            ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created the earth and everything in the earth and created all of the heavens and everything in all of these heavens and created all of the hells and everything in all of these hells and created all of the universes and everything in all of these universes and created everything in between them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABDEL-ATHEEM View Post
                              It only like one 1/8 teaspoon of rose water in the recipe. You would not even taste it in the kunafa in shaa ALLAH.
                              Rose water is optional according to this link.
                              Here is a link to the recipe https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/215590/kanafa/
                              Unfortunately I'm very fussy eater of different cultures. I don't like the rose water at all.

I've just sort of got into arabic South African and Afghan food but then again I'm fussy with that as well. Certain dishes. There's got to be balance of flavour and spice and salt. Most Indian restaurants are overpowering with flavour. Sometimes less is more.

Comment

Unfortunately I'm very fussy eater of different cultures. I don't like the rose water at all.

I've just sort of got into arabic South African and Afghan food but then again I'm fussy with that as well. Certain dishes. There's got to be balance of flavour and spice and salt. Most Indian restaurants are overpowering with flavour. Sometimes less is more.
                                It is good that your fussy eater ma shaa ALLAH because that means you have high standards in what you eat and your less likely to get food poisoning in shaa ALLAH. From my personal experience too much rose water can give you a really bad stomach ache. So your wise not to like rose water ma shaa ALLAH.
                                Last edited by ABDEL-ATHEEM; 30-04-20, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X