Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your Skincare / Haircare / Beardcare routine?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post

    Yep. I use oils, but I'm just looking for something else to add since my current leave in isn't as good as it once was.
    Just saw this I have read that our skin and hair DO get used to what we use on them and therefore it loses the effect after some time

    Not sure how true this really is

    It is similar to exercise

    If you keep doing the same work out for too long, you end up seeing no results

    I like to experiment once in a while and I get bored of using the same thing

    I love looking at skincare and make up
    Anything new gets me excited but I have to be cautious because my skin can be sensitive


    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

    So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post


      I recently and FINALLY got my hands on Jamaican castor oil. Got it from boots, half price if you want to check it out

      I think it is still on offer

      Yeh diet is definitely the most important, mine isn't that good, I have to incorporate more veg and fruits

      there is so much information out there, it can get confusing
      About the turmeric, it's been used for centuries as a beauty remedy, but a few weeks ago I watched a video by an American dermatologist saying it is an irritant

      I don't get that because it has proved to beneficial for people that use it

      It just annoys me, what am I supposed to believe, traditional beliefs that have proven to work, or modern day 'studies'


      I also got the witch hazel gel for blemish, my spots are making me feel extra hideous, usually I can live with it, but I suppose some days you get sick and tired

      It has calmed the spots down a tiny bit, it is visibly there

      What else do you use

      I don't use those face brushes everyone uses, I'm getting old wrinkly
      *Exaggeration

      I just want to be extra careful with harsh tools like that, I heard it can tear the skin

      So that's why I prefer to use masks to exfoliate, I keep away from the harsh scrubs
      I have that oil but haven't used it because you to mix with a thinner (carrier) oil so it got too complicated for now. Diets the main issue though. I have no motivation to eat because i worry about things all day.
      ive previously used tee tree oil, it does dry your skin though but helps reduce spots. Also aloe vera plants help with skin appearance (smooth/less red).
      i know doctors can prescribe skin creams. Some reddit groups/sub reddits about skincare share a lot of info on what they do.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by usernametaken View Post

        I have that oil but haven't used it because you to mix with a thinner (carrier) oil so it got too complicated for now. Diets the main issue though. I have no motivation to eat because i worry about things all day.
        ive previously used tee tree oil, it does dry your skin though but helps reduce spots. Also aloe vera plants help with skin appearance (smooth/less red).
        i know doctors can prescribe skin creams. Some reddit groups/sub reddits about skincare share a lot of info on what they do.

        This castor oil I brought is mixed with another oil, so I can just put it on
        While back I got the pure castor oil which was sticky. It didn't work for me, or maybe I just didn't do it properly. Not sure.

        Yes, I have read about it but I prefer not to use prescribed creams. I was once prescribed benzoyl acid and I have read about accutane but my acne or spots (different doctors say different things) is not that severe.

        i think if I eat more vegetables I might see a difference
        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

        So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post


          This castor oil I brought is mixed with another oil, so I can just put it on
          While back I got the pure castor oil which was sticky. It didn't work for me, or maybe I just didn't do it properly. Not sure.

          Yes, I have read about it but I prefer not to use prescribed creams. I was once prescribed benzoyl acid and I have read about accutane but my acne or spots (different doctors say different things) is not that severe.

          i think if I eat more vegetables I might see a difference
          Insha Allah. I think the most benefit will come from diet/water.

          Comment


          • #20
            Has anyone ever tried Egyptian Magic Cream? How was it?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by DreamSleep View Post
              Has anyone ever tried Egyptian Magic Cream? How was it?
              I have. It's nothing special. Basically like vaseline but with better ingredients..and less gloopy.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by cho09082489 View Post

                I have. It's nothing special. Basically like vaseline but with better ingredients..and less gloopy.
                That's nice! I need something for my really dry skin and I prefer to use natural moisturizers. I used to use almond or olive oil but I need an actual moisturizer that would be more thick on my skin. I've tried vaseline but it just makes me feel uncomfortable because of the ingredients.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Does anyone have any suggestions for hair ties suitable for very fine/thin hair?

                  I think I have tried e everything including:

                  -Soft fabric scrunchies (velvet and satin)
                  -small clip and clutches
                  -hair bands without the metal part
                  -plastic bobbles (I knew this would be rubbish but I wanted to try it because it's pretty LOL. *Rollseyes*

                  Everything I try pulls my hair and it hurts. I thought I'd still ask here just in case someone knows of something different to try.

                  Jazak Allah Hu khair


                  ​​​​​​
                  'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                  So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    What do u ladies use for under eyes. Basically what is your under eye routine, to avoid wrinkles, fine lines etc.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by LaylaAb View Post
                      What do u ladies use for under eyes. Basically what is your under eye routine, to avoid wrinkles, fine lines etc.
                      There supposed to be bogus (lol)

                      I have heard sweet almond oil is good

                      I use one from boots because my undereyes are dry so it hydrates it a little bit

                      It claims to improve dark circles and wrinkles, hasn't made any difference to those, I didn't expect it to, just needed something moisturising for my eyes
                      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                      So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Has anyone tried natural, home made shampoo?

                        I would like to make my own with natural ingredients such as honey, lemon juice or whatever it is people have tried and tested.

                        Look forward to any suggestions if any

                        ​​​​​
                        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                        So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                          Has anyone tried natural, home made shampoo?

                          I would like to make my own with natural ingredients such as honey, lemon juice or whatever it is people have tried and tested.

                          Look forward to any suggestions if any

                          ​​​​​
                          I’ve tried the shampoos from lush that are in bars but I’ve never made my own. It was good though. I’m honestly thinking of switching over again to the lush stuff. I’d prefer natural ingredients.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by aelmo View Post

                            I’ve tried the shampoos from lush that are in bars but I’ve never made my own. It was good though. I’m honestly thinking of switching over again to the lush stuff. I’d prefer natural ingredients.
                            Lush is nice but out of my budget, my sibling purchased the honey shampoo from there

                            They have a wasabi one :/

                            I want to try home made, mayonnaise and sesame oil, it's messy though but apparently good for itchy scalps like mine
                            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                            So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

                              Lush is nice but out of my budget, my sibling purchased the honey shampoo from there

                              They have a wasabi one :/

                              I want to try home made, mayonnaise and sesame oil, it's messy though but apparently good for itchy scalps like mine
                              Wasabi might be good to stimulate blood flow on your scalp. I’ve heard of people using a vinegar mixture to clean out their hair. I don’t know the specifications but apparently it’s good.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by aelmo View Post

                                Wasabi might be good to stimulate blood flow on your scalp. I’ve heard of people using a vinegar mixture to clean out their hair. I don’t know the specifications but apparently it’s good.
                                You are right, that is what it's for

                                So many natural ingredients to use but it's a new territory for me

                                where to start, preferably something that is promising and something that has been tried and tested by people here recommending it

                                Fine hair, dandruff, itchyness, hair loss....if anyone has suggestions, you know where I am lol

                                (Different things work for difference people but I am open to experimenting)
                                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                                So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X