Skincare is a weird thing, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skincare is a weird thing, right?

When it comes to Sisters, there are tons of brands and steps when it comes to skin care. There are exfoliating creams, masks, clarifying oils, serums, eye cream, lotion, etc... Not to mention that for certain products, companies charge for women.

There are just lotions that you can buy, but since it seems like taking care of your skin is a women's issue companies have to create "MEN" lotions and make the branding darker in colour so men can buy them. But then these same companies feel like men are lazy, so they have two in one products. Example, a woman can buy body washes, shampoos, conditioners, body milk, etc... in separate containers, but for men, it's all in one. And it says, "Just for Men."

It's weird. Right?
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
    Surah al-Baqarah
    [2:245]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
    ...said the spider to the fly...

Personally I have fallen into the complicated skin care routine thing. But after doing it for a while and using pretty much every product that you can possibly buy I came to the conclusion that all you really need is to cleanse and moisturize and use a mask and exfoliate a few times a week.

Men cant be bothered with all of that so companies do the bare minimum otherwise guys won’t get it. and they don’t want something that’s pink and cutesy so they have to specify that this is for men and make the packaging look all masculine. You need to keep the consumer in mind.

I actually like having a skincare routine. I used to have an obsession with buying makeup, so I’m glad that my attention has been diverted I into something that is better for me. At least now I use everything I buy, I never used my makeup. It just sat in a box collecting dust.

There are things that I know are just a scam but there are also things that are legit. I can’t say that my skin hadn’t improved after everything.

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
      I never used my makeup. It just sat in a box collecting dust.
      Lol I have a little and I haven't even opened it yet..it's collecting dust as u put it..

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

Lol I have a little and I haven't even opened it yet..it's collecting dust as u put it..
        Makeup is the real scam. You can use an eyeshadow palette or a blush for years before it finishes and yet they release new ones all the time. My real weakness is highlighters. To me so many highlighters look exactly the same, there isn’t much variation in the colors but My inner gold fish comes out when i see something sparkly. I cant open my drawer anymore. Every time i see all the highlighters that look exactly the same that have barely been used i get so disappointed in myself.

Comment

And yet men tend to have better skin 

Comment

Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post
            And yet men tend to have better skin¬
            i dont know if thats necessarily true, i dont know the statistics. Its does seem like it sometimes. But women do go through fluctuations in hormone levels throughout the month which does contribute to bad skin so we need to worry about skincare more. That could also be a reason why men have less skincare then women.

Comment

Makeup is the real scam. You can use an eyeshadow palette or a blush for years before it finishes and yet they release new ones all the time. My real weakness is highlighters. To me so many highlighters look exactly the same, there isn’t much variation in the colors but My inner gold fish comes out when i see something sparkly. I cant open my drawer anymore. Every time i see all the highlighters that look exactly the same that have barely been used i get so disappointed in myself.
              Wow that's next level. I guess you're passionate about makeup? Hmm I literally have 4 items lol. I bought it cos I was invited to an event. 

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

Wow that's next level. I guess you're passionate about makeup? Hmm I literally have 4 items lol. I bought it cos I was invited to an event.¬
                my sister got me into it. it was a fun obsession while it lasted. Now I'm just my mom, grandma and aunts own personal makeup artist. That's probably the only time I really use my makeup, when I'm doing it on someone else.

Comment

my sister got me into it. it was a fun obsession while it lasted. Now I'm just my mom, grandma and aunts own personal makeup artist. That's probably the only time I really use my makeup, when I'm doing it on someone else.
                  Well at least you've become really good at applying makeup :)

Comment

Aelmo, I would have never guessed you were into make up
                    i don't know why I get the impression your a tomboy

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I am going to try more home remedies cos the branded versions aren't fixing my skin problems quick enough. For some reason I have been having acne recently and I am trying right at this moment a face mask made of egg whites.

I cracked an egg, took out the yoke, whisked the rest of the egg until it became white and frothy and put it on my face, I'm gonna wash it off in a few mintues. In sha Allah hopefully it will work.
                      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by myusernameis... View Post
                        and yet men tend to have better skin‚‚‚†
                        ikr.
                        ‚†
                        Last edited by Ya'sin; 08-12-19, 07:58 PM.
                        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

Btw I have been there, when I hardly used cleansers, just water and nivea cream.

‚€‹‚€‹‚€‹‚€‹‚€‹‚€‹‚€during my late teens I broke out with ¬¬¬†spots all over my forehead and chin.¬¬¬†

Later on I decided to have a skincare routine which was simple enough.

Face wash and mositurising day and night.

¬¬¬†I used home made turmeric mask to exfoliate once in a while.¬¬¬†
                          Last edited by Ya'sin; 08-12-19, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                            I am going to try more home remedies cos the branded versions aren't fixing my skin problems quick enough. For some reason I have been having acne recently and I am trying right at this moment a face mask made of egg whites.

I cracked an egg, took out the yoke, whisked the rest of the egg until it became white and frothy and put it on my face, I'm gonna wash it off in a few mintues. In sha Allah hopefully it will work.
                            Could be stress

They say diet can help but some women have more of the cortisol production and testerone that causes more acne.

i used to try different remedies but now I feel confident that it is more to do with my hormones, diet and stress levels. 

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Could be stress

They say diet can help but some women have more of the cortisol production and testerone that causes more acne.

i used to try different remedies but now I feel confident that it is more to do with my hormones, diet and stress levels.¬¬†
                              Could be ur right sis
                              وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X