• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

Kewl didn't know that

Do most supermarkets sell it?
    Yes most supermarkets do sell it. 

Comment

I've been drinking semi-skimmed milk for as long as I can remember, we were only allowed full fat milk as kids.
      Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
      In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
      USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
      (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

^It's good to give younger kids the full fat milk because a number of nutrients like vitamin D are fat soluble so they need the fat at that age and then it's good to switch to semi skimmed as they get older.

Nut milks are fairly simple to make if you look online. What I did was get a handful of cashews, soak them overnight, then whizz them in a blender with half a pint of water and that was my cashew milk. It tasted good in smoothies. Even shop brands that sell almond milk, often there are only about 5-10 almonds in a 1 litre carton and the rest is mostly water. Cashews aren't that cheap but compared to buying the ready made nut milk, it's probably cheaper to make it yourself.

Originally posted by Siren View Post
        I was recently diagnosed to be lactose-intolerant, I used to thought it's smth you're born with but appearantly not. I've tried soy and oat milk and I didn't like it. Coconut milk seems to be expensive, so I guess hard times have come:help:
        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
          ^It's good to give younger kids the full fat milk because a number of nutrients like vitamin D are fat soluble so they need the fat at that age and then it's good to switch to semi skimmed as they get older.

Nut milks are fairly simple to make if you look online. What I did was get a handful of cashews, soak them overnight, then whizz them in a blender with half a pint of water and that was my cashew milk. It tasted good in smoothies. Even shop brands that sell almond milk, often there are only about 5-10 almonds in a 1 litre carton and the rest is mostly water. Cashews aren't that cheap but compared to buying the ready made nut milk, it's probably cheaper to make it yourself.

Hey salam sis thanks for the recommendation, I hope you are well xxx Do you know of any health benefits of cashew?

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Comment

Walaykum salam,

Cashews are a good source of magnesium. They do contain quite a bit of fat but it's mostly good, healthy unsaturated fat. They contain around 10% of the recommended daily amount of Iron and Protein which in itself I think is not all that much, but if you're on a vegetarian or vegan diet, then I think it's well worth including them in the diet because it's not as easy to source adequate protein and iron without animal products so even 10% here and there from various sources would add up. It tastes good as well.

I'm managing alhamdullilah but I think my health is on the decline.

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

Hey salam sis thanks for the recommendation, I hope you are well xxx Do you know of any health benefits of cashew?

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
              Walaykum salam,

Cashews are a good source of magnesium. They do contain quite a bit of fat but it's mostly good, healthy unsaturated fat. They contain around 10% of the recommended daily amount of Iron and Protein which in itself I think is not all that much, but if you're on a vegetarian or vegan diet, then I think it's well worth including them in the diet because it's not as easy to source adequate protein and iron without animal products so even 10% here and there from various sources would add up. It tastes good as well.

I'm managing alhamdullilah but I think my health is on the decline.

Sorry sis, I bumped a post about a brother who cured his epilepsy with ginger, honey and black seed. Please do check it out cos I will attempt to try it in sha Allah. My health is also deteriorating right now. xxx

Comment

Oh no, sorry to hear that. I do remember you showed me a link from brother Believer about good quality black seed oil which I've saved. I tend to itch quite badly if I have ginger so I avoid it. These days I react to a lot of medicinal things so the illness is a problem and now the treatment entails its own problems as well, so I'm a bit stuck. I think I should try slippery elm next inshaAllah.

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

Sorry sis, I bumped a post about a brother who cured his epilepsy with ginger, honey and black seed. Please do check it out cos I will attempt to try it in sha Allah. My health is also deteriorating right now. xxx

Comment

Sigh

ok I actually looked into this a lot one time because as we know, consumerism is thriving and corporate greed will have us believe anything for their personal gain

so if you can buy a cow and let it graze on organic pastures and take the milk - you’re getting the purest form

in England this isn’t so easy

so milk that contains the a2 protein - I think it’s jersey cows and then there’s all this info on homogenised and non homogenised and what’s even legal in this country 

anyway I found the best and semi easiest option to be the milk from Abel and Cole - it had a yellow top I can’t remember what it was called

also...this is if I can be bothered

otherwise blue top organic milk from m&s tastes the best in regular shops

i do like almond milk and coconut milk and I usually prefer this in porridge because I don’t actually like milk 

but I’m slightly skeptic and I read the ingredients on a lot of stuff and I dno - intuitively something tells me I shouldn’t consume large amounts because in ten years they will do a study and tell us that it’s bad for us like they did with margarine

just eat au naturale - even tho I’m a hypocrite and just ordered udon noodles but they did taste so damn good and I got kids size cos I didn’t think I was that hungry but now I’m like damn... shouldn’t have tried to use my brain
                  ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                  "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                  :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Deleted.
                    Last edited by oshirowanen; 15-11-19, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Deleted.
                      Last edited by oshirowanen; 15-11-19, 02:37 PM.

Comment

So I literally just tried cashew nut milk,
                        ​​​​​​Omggggg I'm in lurve lol

Comment

Sorry to sound thick but what is homogenised and non homogenised?

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

Sorry to sound thick but what is homogenised and non homogenised?
                            In natural milk before processing, the cream tends to collect at the top of the bottle/container.
                            It tends to sour in 48 hours.

Homegenization is a process by where the milk is forced through tiny holes under pressure which breaks up the fat globules, changing the characteristics of the milk, as the fat no longer comes to the top and is dispersed.
                            There is light homeginization and a more extreme version.
                            Milk in the UK has been slowly becoming more processed as it has been deregulated into the private sector.
                            Shelf life has increased to weeks .. but "human shelf life" seems to be getting shorter. Alas!

I used to keep goats in the Republic of Ireland (Eire).
                            I didn't really want to come back to UK .. had little choice really.
                            Shaytan is everywhere. If it's not one thing, then it's another..
                            Last edited by isa_muhammad; 01-11-19, 11:59 PM.
                            He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

Originally posted by isa_muhammad View Post

In natural milk before processing, the cream tends to collect at the top of the bottle/container.
                              It tends to sour in 48 hours.

Homegenization is a process by where the milk is forced through tiny holes under pressure which breaks up the fat globules, changing the characteristics of the milk, as the fat no longer comes to the top and is dispersed.
                              There is light homeginization and a more extreme version.
                              Milk in the UK has been slowly becoming more processed as it has been deregulated into the private sector.
                              Shelf life has increased to weeks .. but "human shelf life" seems to be getting shorter. Alas!

I used to keep goats in the Republic of Ireland (Eire).
                              I didn't really want to come back to UK .. had little choice really.
                              Shaytan is everywhere. If it's not one thing, then it's another..
                              Thanks for the explanation JazakAllah khayran

Comment

Has anyone tasted hazelnut milk? Does it taste like Ferrero rocher lol
                                https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X