X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post

Which one do you drink?
    Currently coconut milk,
    Ive also got some cashew nut milk and almond milk too, never tried the cashew nut milk so looking forward to tasting it

Comment

I have not tried any of the nut or cereal milks and don't think I would buy them just to try them.

I have tried Graham's Gold Top for doodh pati (milky tea) and it is actually quite nice.

In our house we have Goats Milk (full fat) which I find a bit watery and does taste different to cows milk but I prefer it to cows milk

We also have normal blue top cows milk so if there is no goats milk I would just use it.

I don't like skimmed or semi skimmed versions of milk. I rather have a little bit of the original full fat than a full cup of skimmed/semi skimmed.

I miss the Gold Top glass bottle milk also milk just tasted better when it was delivered daily by the milkman. Also milk that was given in school in them small glass bottles with the blue straws.
      Yea I also miss the milkman too

Comment

..I miss the Gold Top glass bottle milk also milk just tasted better when it was delivered daily by the milkman..
        You are quite right..
        It was relatively more expensive for a few reasons, including:-

1. the overheads of daily delveries to the local dairies, and to the house
        2. we had the milk marketing board which ensured fairness to all, including farmers
        3. the milk was not homegenised so had a relatively short shelf life

No, I do not work for any "milk company" .. I work for Allah SWT :lemo:

..and I like lemon cheese ;)
        He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

I did see that on their site, but my local Asda doesn't sell it.

They said only a few stores in the UK sell it.

It's supposed to be really good for children with Autism.

Comment

Deleted.
            Last edited by oshirowanen; 15-11-19, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
              Walaykum salam,

I've stopped drinking cows milk for about a year now. Sorry if TMI, but my throat has been coughing up phlegm almost everyday for about 10 years and I felt that dairy products, especially milk and yogurt, seem to make it worse. For ages I was reluctant to give it up cos I couldn't have tea without milk, but now I'm in the habit of having tea without milk so giving up cow's milk hasn't been too difficult. I haven't given up dairy completely as my diet is already quite restricted so I sometimes have ghee and sometimes have cheese, though I'm trying to avoid cow's cheese as well so when I do have cheese it's mostly feta.

My problem with alternative milks is that my skin reacts badly to nuts, oats don't suit me, soy is meant to have oestrogen that I'm quite wary of so I have few options and that's why I haven't had smoothies in years and I miss them. I think rice milk doesn't taste good otherwise I'd have that. Maybe I should consider hemp milk? I used to make my own cashew milk for smoothies. It's very easy and tastes really good.
              Try organic Raw cows milk, every person who thinks they have an issue with it, really they have an issue with the processed supermarket milk. Try raw organic and I’m sure you will have no issues

Comment

Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post

About the same as cows milk with a pinch of salt.
                Ive never tried it, cool...

Comment

Deleted.
                  Last edited by oshirowanen; 15-11-19, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Takes a few days to get used to, but apparently it's better for you than cows milk.
                    Kewl didn't know that

Do most supermarkets sell it?

Comment

Deleted.
                      Last edited by oshirowanen; 15-11-19, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Yes, apparently goats milk is closer to human milk, which makes it easier to digest and absorb the nutrients by humans. Cows milk is very different when compared to human milk, which makes it more difficult for the human body to digest.

Unsure. I've got a local Waitrose which doesn't have it. I usually travel a little further to a local'ish Tesco to buy it. I don't have a local Sainsbury's, Lidl, or Aldi etc, so have never checked in those supermarkets.
                        Ohh didn't know that,
                        Yea explains why it's easier to digest

Ive not seen it in lidl not sure about the other ones

Comment

A couple of years ago when I was still drinking milk, I used to buy Duchy Originals Organic milk from Waitrose cos I knew it was unhomogenised.

Before that around 5-10 years ago, we did get milk delivered to our door, but mum said they became more unreliable, they'd only deliver twice a week and they'd send a different random person to collect the money on different random days so there was no consistency. She became fed up, stopped using their services and we bought from the supermarket ever since.

Originally posted by isa_muhammad View Post

You are quite right..
                          It was relatively more expensive for a few reasons, including:-

1. the overheads of daily delveries to the local dairies, and to the house
                          2. we had the milk marketing board which ensured fairness to all, including farmers
                          3. the milk was not homegenised so had a relatively short shelf life

No, I do not work for any "milk company" .. I work for Allah SWT :lemo:

..and I like lemon cheese ;)
                          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

I was recently diagnosed to be lactose-intolerant, I used to thought it's smth you're born with but appearantly not. I've tried soy and oat milk and I didn't like it. Coconut milk seems to be expensive, so I guess hard times have come:help:

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                              A couple of years ago when I was still drinking milk, I used to buy Duchy Originals Organic milk from Waitrose cos I knew it was unhomogenised.

Before that around 5-10 years ago, we did get milk delivered to our door, but mum said they became more unreliable, they'd only deliver twice a week and they'd send a different random person to collect the money on different random days so there was no consistency. She became fed up, stopped using their services and we bought from the supermarket ever since.

The Graham's gold top is also unhomogenised. 

Comment

Yes, apparently goats milk is closer to human milk, which makes it easier to digest and absorb the nutrients by humans. Cows milk is very different when compared to human milk, which makes it more difficult for the human body to digest.

Unsure. I've got a local Waitrose which doesn't have it. I usually travel a little further to a local'ish Tesco to buy it. I don't have a local Sainsbury's, Lidl, or Aldi etc, so have never checked in those supermarkets.
                                Don't you find it too watery? We have the full fat goats milk and I find it's not as creamy as cows milk but allhumdulillah I still like it?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X