Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

So how does one go finding a farmer?
    Type in raw milk farm and then your city in google & you should come up with a few options.
    https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

Type in raw milk farm and then your city in google & you should come up with a few options.
      Will check it out JazakAllah khayran

Comment

Lactose free semi-skimmed (green) milk and sometimes almond milk.
        Per aspera ad astra.

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post
          Lactose free semi-skimmed (green) milk and sometimes almond milk.
          Al-Muslim has spoken lol :P

Comment

2% partly skimmed milk:

https://www.neilsondairy.com/en/url(...e-7f3b77d0c8ba)

Comment

Sis what does raw milk taste like lol
              Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
              In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
              USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
              (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

Sis what does raw milk taste like lol
                It tastes fresh and creamy but it is very rich and thick 

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
                  Is that readily available in your local shops?

Comment

Thanks for the description I forgot to ask you

Comment

Is that readily available in your local shops?
                      Na'am. It's the most popular milk out here.

Comment

No. I used to think about it but never got round to it. Also thought about goat milk but never tried it. Tried goat yogurt though which is okay and goat's cheese is okay too. I forgot to try raw milk, but if I remember next year then inshaAllah I'd like to try it in the summer in my smoothies or something.

Have you tried it and do you know what to do with it? I mean in terms of storage and how long it stays fresh for cos I wouldn't want to keep it too long in case of bacteria build up and health risks, but I would want to try it fresh.

Have you tried raw milk sis directly from a farm?
                        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                          No. I used to think about it but never got round to it. Also thought about goat milk but never tried it. Tried goat yogurt though which is okay and goat's cheese is okay too. I forgot to try raw milk, but if I remember next year then inshaAllah I'd like to try it in the summer in my smoothies or something.

Have you tried it and do you know what to do with it? I mean in terms of storage and how long it stays fresh for cos I wouldn't want to keep it too long in case of bacteria build up and health risks, but I would want to try it fresh.

Yes I’ve tried it. I think usually it can last around 7 days if it’s put in the fridge straight away & if the fridge is cold enough. I’m going to start my milk delivery again & have it delivered weekly and I’m sure it’ll last

Comment

All nut products make me itch including coconut milk and nut oils

You tried coconut milk?

never tried hemp milk...
                            ​​​​​​
                            Going to try cashew nut milk today inshaAllah

The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Which one do you drink?

Comment

I have not tried any of the nut or cereal milks and don't think I would buy them just to try them.

I have tried Graham's Gold Top for doodh pati (milky tea) and it is actually quite nice.

In our house we have Goats Milk (full fat) which I find a bit watery and does taste different to cows milk but I prefer it to cows milk

We also have normal blue top cows milk so if there is no goats milk I would just use it.

I don't like skimmed or semi skimmed versions of milk. I rather have a little bit of the original full fat than a full cup of skimmed/semi skimmed.

I miss the Gold Top glass bottle milk also milk just tasted better when it was delivered daily by the milkman. Also milk that was given in school in them small glass bottles with the blue straws.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X