Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Milk - which one do you drink?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

    So how does one go finding a farmer?
    Type in raw milk farm and then your city in google & you should come up with a few options.
    https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

      Type in raw milk farm and then your city in google & you should come up with a few options.
      Will check it out JazakAllah khayran

      Comment


      • #18
        Lactose free semi-skimmed (green) milk and sometimes almond milk.
        Forge ahead!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post
          Lactose free semi-skimmed (green) milk and sometimes almond milk.
          Al-Muslim has spoken lol :P

          Comment


          • #20
            2% partly skimmed milk:

            https://www.neilsondairy.com/en/url(...e-7f3b77d0c8ba)

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

              Type in raw milk farm and then your city in google & you should come up with a few options.
              Sis what does raw milk taste like lol

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

                Sis what does raw milk taste like lol
                It tastes fresh and creamy but it is very rich and thick 
                https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
                  Is that readily available in your local shops?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Thanks for the description I forgot to ask you

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

                      Is that readily available in your local shops?
                      Na'am. It's the most popular milk out here.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        No. I used to think about it but never got round to it. Also thought about goat milk but never tried it. Tried goat yogurt though which is okay and goat's cheese is okay too. I forgot to try raw milk, but if I remember next year then inshaAllah I'd like to try it in the summer in my smoothies or something.

                        Have you tried it and do you know what to do with it? I mean in terms of storage and how long it stays fresh for cos I wouldn't want to keep it too long in case of bacteria build up and health risks, but I would want to try it fresh.

                        Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

                        Have you tried raw milk sis directly from a farm?
                        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by neelu View Post
                          No. I used to think about it but never got round to it. Also thought about goat milk but never tried it. Tried goat yogurt though which is okay and goat's cheese is okay too. I forgot to try raw milk, but if I remember next year then inshaAllah I'd like to try it in the summer in my smoothies or something.

                          Have you tried it and do you know what to do with it? I mean in terms of storage and how long it stays fresh for cos I wouldn't want to keep it too long in case of bacteria build up and health risks, but I would want to try it fresh.


                          Yes I’ve tried it. I think usually it can last around 7 days if it’s put in the fridge straight away & if the fridge is cold enough. I’m going to start my milk delivery again & have it delivered weekly and I’m sure it’ll last
                          https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            All nut products make me itch including coconut milk and nut oils

                            Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

                            You tried coconut milk?

                            never tried hemp milk...
                            ​​​​​​
                            Going to try cashew nut milk today inshaAllah
                             
                            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Which one do you drink?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I have not tried any of the nut or cereal milks and don't think I would buy them just to try them.

                                I have tried Graham's Gold Top for doodh pati (milky tea) and it is actually quite nice.

                                In our house we have Goats Milk (full fat) which I find a bit watery and does taste different to cows milk but I prefer it to cows milk

                                We also have normal blue top cows milk so if there is no goats milk I would just use it.

                                I don't like skimmed or semi skimmed versions of milk. I rather have a little bit of the original full fat than a full cup of skimmed/semi skimmed.

                                I miss the Gold Top glass bottle milk also milk just tasted better when it was delivered daily by the milkman. Also milk that was given in school in them small glass bottles with the blue straws.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X