Milk - which one do you drink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milk - which one do you drink?

Salaams peeps, I was just wondering what milk you drink? Full fat,  Semi skimmed,  almond milk, coconut milk etc

Deleted.
    Last edited by oshirowanen; 15-11-19, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post
      ..Skimmed goats milk.
      You should at least drink semi-skimmed .
      When you were a toddler you were drinking full-fat+

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

Does anyone know where we can get Camel milk from in the UK? 

Comment

Walaykum salam,

I've stopped drinking cows milk for about a year now. Sorry if TMI, but my throat has been coughing up phlegm almost everyday for about 10 years and I felt that dairy products, especially milk and yogurt, seem to make it worse. For ages I was reluctant to give it up cos I couldn't have tea without milk, but now I'm in the habit of having tea without milk so giving up cow's milk hasn't been too difficult. I haven't given up dairy completely as my diet is already quite restricted so I sometimes have ghee and sometimes have cheese, though I'm trying to avoid cow's cheese as well so when I do have cheese it's mostly feta.

My problem with alternative milks is that my skin reacts badly to nuts, oats don't suit me, soy is meant to have oestrogen that I'm quite wary of so I have few options and that's why I haven't had smoothies in years and I miss them. I think rice milk doesn't taste good otherwise I'd have that. Maybe I should consider hemp milk? I used to make my own cashew milk for smoothies. It's very easy and tastes really good.
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post

Skimmed goats milk.
            Cool what's that taste like?

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
              Does anyone know where we can get Camel milk from in the UK?
              I'd also like to know too

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                Walaykum salam,

I've stopped drinking cows milk for about a year now. Sorry if TMI, but my throat has been coughing up phlegm almost everyday for about 10 years and I felt that dairy products, especially milk and yogurt, seem to make it worse. For ages I was reluctant to give it up cos I couldn't have tea without milk, but now I'm in the habit of having tea without milk so giving up cow's milk hasn't been too difficult. I haven't given up dairy completely as my diet is already quite restricted so I sometimes have ghee and sometimes have cheese, though I'm trying to avoid cow's cheese as well so when I do have cheese it's mostly feta.

My problem with alternative milks is that my skin reacts badly to nuts, oats don't suit me, soy is meant to have oestrogen that I'm quite wary of so I have few options and that's why I haven't had smoothies in years and I miss them. I think rice milk doesn't taste good otherwise I'd have that. Maybe I should consider hemp milk? I used to make my own cashew milk for smoothies. It's very easy and tastes really good.
                You tried coconut milk?

never tried hemp milk...
                ​​​​​​
                Going to try cashew nut milk today inshaAllah

Comment

In my city the Turkish shop sells camel milk. It’s always difficult to get hold of though because they sell it for 2.99 as opposed to 9.99 like everywhere else.

Camel milk can also be found in..... *drum roll*

ASDA (it’s the same brand that is stocked in my Turkish supermarket)

https://groceries.asda.com/product/d.../1000005550468
                  https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                    Walaykum salam,

Have you tried raw milk sis directly from a farm?

Comment

I highly recommend everyone to try raw milk directly from a farm. Most deliver too. And try their cream & butter too!

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
                        In my city the Turkish shop sells camel milk. It’s always difficult to get hold of though because they sell it for 2.99 as opposed to 9.99 like everywhere else.

Camel milk can also be found in..... *drum roll*

ASDA (it’s the same brand that is stocked in my Turkish supermarket)

https://groceries.asda.com/product/d.../1000005550468
                        Didn't know asda did it, will have to try inshaAllah

Comment

I highly recommend everyone to try raw milk directly from a farm. Most deliver too. And try their cream & butter too!
                          Might sound thick but if you're living In a city how you meant to get it directly from a farm?

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

Might sound thick but if you're living In a city how you meant to get it directly from a farm?
                            A lot of the farms do weekly deliveries to the nearby cities & they will deliver directly to your door too providing you spend a certain amount

Comment

A lot of the farms do weekly deliveries to the nearby cities & they will deliver directly to your door too providing you spend a certain amount
                              So how does one go finding a farmer?

Comment

Working...
                              X