Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
    I really want to be vegan in shaa Allah 😇
    What kind of vegan do you want to be? Regular vegan or raw vegan?
    وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
    Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
    [2:186]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Meat is a big thing in my home. Would love to be vegan, but I know it's not possible. We have cheese and eggs a lot. It's just not happening. I LOVE veggies, but my children love meat they literally cry when I tell them I'm going vegan. I try to just make small portions of meat and mostly veggies.

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by LaylaAb View Post
        Meat is a big thing in my home. Would love to be vegan, but I know it's not possible. We have cheese and eggs a lot. It's just not happening. I LOVE veggies, but my children love meat they literally cry when I tell them I'm going vegan. I try to just make small portions of meat and mostly veggies.

​​​​
        I can never give up Lamb meat in shaa ALLAH because Lamb meat is too delicious to give up ma shaa ALLAH. So I could never be a vegan in shaa ALLAH because the only vegetables I can eat in shaa ALLAH are the ones they stuff with meat and rice called mashi https://www.food.com/recipe/egyptian...s-mashi-109182. I can not even eat mashi that does not have meat in it in shaa ALLAH.

Assalamu Alaykom
        ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created the earth and everything in the earth and created all of the heavens and everything in all of these heavens and created all of the hells and everything in all of these hells and created all of the universes and everything in all of these universes and created everything in between them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post

What kind of vegan do you want to be? Regular vegan or raw vegan?
          Regular vegan in shaa Allah

Comment

Regular vegan in shaa Allah
            Make sure you take supplements for vitamins b12, d3 and other nutrients that are mainly in meat and not usually found in vegetarian sources. There was a good vid excerpt from the joe rogan podcast in which a former vegan spelled out which nutrients are best to supplement and how to balance a vegan diet.
            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post

Make sure you take supplements for vitamins b12, d3 and other nutrients that are mainly in meat and not usually found in vegetarian sources. There was a good vid excerpt from the joe rogan podcast in which a former vegan spelled out which nutrients are best to supplement and how to balance a vegan diet.
              You got a link to that Joe Rogan podcast? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post

If any sisters are thinking about being vegan, just make sure you take supplements and eat a balanced diet. I've heard of stories of women having their period stop due to their vegan diet since they weren't getting all of the nutrients that they needed.
                وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                [2:186]

.:.
                .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RFbzNl8w5I
                  Definitely watch this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BUL78hbkLA
                  The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Thanks I'll check them out 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                      If any sisters are thinking about being vegan, just make sure you take supplements and eat a balanced diet..
                      Yes, particularly if you live in colder climes.
                      It would be better to have 'vegan days' .. too much protein can cause strokes.

On the other hand, too little protein causes weakness.
                      It is not unislamic to prefer not eating meat and dairy, but refusing
                      your 'provision' is..
                      He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

Originally posted by isa_muhammad View Post

Yes, particularly if you live in colder climes.
                        It would be better to have 'vegan days' .. too much protein can cause strokes.

On the other hand, too little protein causes weakness.
                        It is not unislamic to prefer not eating meat and dairy, but refusing
                        your 'provision' is..
                        Thing is one of the reasons I want to go vegan is because you can't always trust that meat is 100% halal

Comment

I don't understand the point in making something completely haraam for yourself when Allah has made it halal for you.

It's understandable if you don't want to eat meat because you're unsure whether it's halal or to skip certain dairy products because you're allergic to them, but that seems to be done on a precautionary basis rather than a selective one.

Once you move to a Muslim majority area, you won't face the issue of halaal-haraam, so, the problem seems temporary.

Meat and milk were amongst the favourite foods of the Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasallam.

When a Muslim asks others the benefits of vegetarianism /veganism, are they implying that the diet plan compiled by man is better over something that has been made halal by Allah and preferred by our Messenger sallalahu alayhi wa sallalam ? As in humans know something better than their Creator, hence, such & such should be permanently skipped off from one's diet ?

Islam is a religion of moderation, anything that's done in excess is bound to harm you. Same with certain non-vegetarian diet. If something halal is causing you problems, the problem is with you, not the food in itself. Maybe you're over-eating it, or you're not taking it properly or you could be allergic to it.

Having said that, it's perfectly okay if one does not want to have meat/dairy products out of personal preference, it's not a must for a Muslim to do so anyway.

However, they should never be endorsing the fact that their lifestyle is "better" than the lifestyle of a regular Muslim because of their choice of diet.

Comment

Originally posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post
                            I don't understand the point in making something completely haraam for yourself when Allah has made it halal for you.

It's understandable if you don't want to eat meat because you're unsure whether it's halal or to skip certain dairy products because you're allergic to them, but that seems to be done on a precautionary basis rather than a selective one.

Once you move to a Muslim majority area, you won't face the issue of halaal-haraam, so, the problem seems temporary.

Meat and milk were amongst the favourite foods of the Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasallam.

When a Muslim asks others the benefits of vegetarianism /veganism, are they implying that the diet plan compiled by man is better over something that has been made halal by Allah and preferred by our Messenger sallalahu alayhi wa sallalam ? As in humans know something better than their Creator, hence, such & such should be permanently skipped off from one's diet ?

Islam is a religion of moderation, anything that's done in excess is bound to harm you. Same with certain non-vegetarian diet. If something halal is causing you problems, the problem is with you, not the food in itself. Maybe you're over-eating it, or you're not taking it properly or you could be allergic to it.

Having said that, it's perfectly okay if one does not want to have meat/dairy products out of personal preference, it's not a must for a Muslim to do so anyway.

However, they should never be endorsing the fact that their lifestyle is "better" than the lifestyle of a regular Muslim because of their choice of diet.
                            this has nothing to do with thinking that being a veggie or vegan is something that is better then what the Almighty has already decreed for us,
                            this is more of a conscious choice

Comment

o
                              I really want to be vegan in shaa Allah 😇
                              Are you going through one of your phases again?

-_-

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                                o

Are you going through one of your phases again?

-_-
                                maybe i am haha

-_-

Comment

Working...
                                X