Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by msmoorad View Post
    salaams to all,
    ..according to Shariah, we are allowed to dye it but NOT black.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
    jazakallah
    Wa'alaikumsalam,
    I'm sorry to go on about this, but it is the principle .. as I've already said, I don't dye my hair at all .. and there is a lot of white.

In my understanding, it is wrong to say "according to sharia":-
    In Arabic, the term sharīʿah refers to God's immutable divine law and is contrasted with fiqh, which refers to its human scholarly interpretations
    I'm not trying to nit-pick, but it is easy to mislead.

The relationship between (at least the Sunni) schools of jurisprudence and the conflict between the unity of the Shariah and the diversity of the schools, was expressed by the 12th century Hanafi scholar Abu Hafs Umar an-Nasafi, who wrote: `Our school is correct with the possibility of error, and another school is in error with the possibility of being correct.Ē
    wikipedia - fiqh

Last edited by isa_muhammad; 09-09-19, 02:17 PM.
    He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

Originally posted by isa_muhammad View Post

Wa'alaikumsalam,
      I'm sorry to go on about this, but it is the principle .. as I've already said, I don't dye my hair at all .. and there is a lot of white.

In my understanding, it is wrong to say "according to sharia":-
      In Arabic, the term sharīʿah refers to God's immutable divine law and is contrasted with fiqh, which refers to its human scholarly interpretations
      I'm not trying to nit-pick, but it is easy to mislead.

The relationship between (at least the Sunni) schools of jurisprudence and the conflict between the unity of the Shariah and the diversity of the schools, was expressed by the 12th century Hanafi scholar Abu Hafs Umar an-Nasafi, who wrote: `Our school is correct with the possibility of error, and another school is in error with the possibility of being correct.Ē
      wikipedia - fiqh

No.

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

my hair was beautiful, back then I used to look at the white girls and think, why is my hair so ugly, why isn't it nice and straight like theirs¬*

I have learnt my lesson (I think so), I was so blind that I didn't see my own blessings¬*

I want my natural, wavy and thick hair back. I was Rapunzel :*(

I don't want fine limp hair :/¬* thinning each day

That's how life is, how we are, when we have it we are ungrateful but I still have to defend myself and say I was young and dumb, surrounded by clones of the same style and being the only 'paki' girl getting bullied

Typical story

I started getting dandruff in my mid twenties I think, that's when things were looking worse, my emotional eating increased again and I have been stressed out with life ever since¬*

I am not good at managing stress, I know what things are supposed to help because I always take a keen interest in healthy lifestyle, good habits and reading about general subjects like that

I have seen a brand called 'as I am' it is specifically for itchy, dry, dandruff scalps but quite dear in price

Yes, the itching DOES make your hair thinner, the condition of your scalp if dry¬* weakens the hair follicles¬*

As rahma said, it can also be genetics and something you can't do much about (the hair loss)

I have read about miracle stories where people have started eating only organic or home grown food and eliminated processed food completely

getting rid of any items containing harmful chemicals (incl. Household detergents)

Which olive oil do you use?

¬*
        I think you hit the nail on the head.

You only appreciate things once you lose them. But that is the nature of our behaviour. Do we appreciate our joints, back, stomach etc. a lot of people have issues with those. You can only ever take those for granted.

I've had dandruff for years. This year I actually shaved my head and I remember I was pretty shocked with what I saw. My head shape was fine alhumdulillah but I had all these fades spots over my head, kind of like when you have a spot and then it goes, it sometimes leaves some discolouration. I had this all over my head. I had patches of skin that looked reddish too. Honestly I was pretty shocked with what I saw, this was all happening on my scalp all these years. I saw my doc and he said I had some infection or something and they my follicles were clogged, he said it was good I shaved my head. He gave me antibiotics, a steroid cream and told me to keep my scalp moisturised.

I used a lot of things on my head, almost every natural thing you can imagine.

My hair has grown back, it has always been strong but the dandruff and itching I've not been able to control. I just think its something genetic.

I saw a guy who helps with diet and he told me to completely stop eating nuts, which I have now done. I had a slight peanut allergy. Now, since I've stopped, if I have a single peanut or nut, I notice my scalp starting to tingle, react. Its like it's reacting more now than before.

With the oils, I was told to stick with purely organic stuff.

My hair used to be very thick, strong and dark. People used to stop me in the street and comment on it, and I'm a guy. It is still very strong, dark and thick, but obviously not as thick as before. I know the dandruff and itchy scalp has taken a toll. I know girls don't have the option to shave their heads, but all guys in my situation should just to see the state of their scalp. The funny thing is once I shaved my scalp, I would keep doing it every 3-4 days, I became obsessed with shaving my head, I was loving it haha.

What oils have actually helped me in my journey? Honestly, I don't think any oil made a difference.

And I've tried them all.

The best thing I've ever used on my hair is apple cider vinegar though. It is also the one thing that really helped my stomach. I swear by apple cider vinegar.

Shampoos, IMO they are all largely trash. If you have dandruff and can't get rid, an anti-dandruff shampoo will never completely fix the situation. My doc did advise me however to stick with a hypoallergenic shampoo.

Hair changes too.

When I was a kid, my hair was thick and flat, I struggled to do anything with it. As I got older it started to become more and more wavy. My pure straight hair has gone.

My brothers too have had changes too.

Some of us have now got thinner hair, some have thick hair, some have dandruff, I have one brother that had eczema, which he manages well now, his hair is very, very thick. It's all very random at times.

Comment

Dandruff can happen due to dry skin 

or due to fungal infection

or due to eczema 

or psoriasis

for dry skin shampoo and cream to moisturise will help

for fungal you will need an antifungal shampoo/lotion and moisturiser

for eczema or psoriasis you will get steroid shampoo and moisturiser usually 

the shampoos you find at shops that you can just by over the counter are usually for dry skin not anti fungal or steroidal

Comment

Originally posted by AX1300 View Post

I think you hit the nail on the head.

You only appreciate things once you lose them. But that is the nature of our behaviour. Do we appreciate our joints, back, stomach etc. a lot of people have issues with those. You can only ever take those for granted.

I've had dandruff for years. This year I actually shaved my head and I remember I was pretty shocked with what I saw. My head shape was fine alhumdulillah but I had all these fades spots over my head, kind of like when you have a spot and then it goes, it sometimes leaves some discolouration. I had this all over my head. I had patches of skin that looked reddish too. Honestly I was pretty shocked with what I saw, this was all happening on my scalp all these years. I saw my doc and he said I had some infection or something and they my follicles were clogged, he said it was good I shaved my head. He gave me antibiotics, a steroid cream and told me to keep my scalp moisturised.

I used a lot of things on my head, almost every natural thing you can imagine.

My hair has grown back, it has always been strong but the dandruff and itching I've not been able to control. I just think its something genetic.

I saw a guy who helps with diet and he told me to completely stop eating nuts, which I have now done. I had a slight peanut allergy. Now, since I've stopped, if I have a single peanut or nut, I notice my scalp starting to tingle, react. Its like it's reacting more now than before.

With the oils, I was told to stick with purely organic stuff.

My hair used to be very thick, strong and dark. People used to stop me in the street and comment on it, and I'm a guy. It is still very strong, dark and thick, but obviously not as thick as before. I know the dandruff and itchy scalp has taken a toll. I know girls don't have the option to shave their heads, but all guys in my situation should just to see the state of their scalp. The funny thing is once I shaved my scalp, I would keep doing it every 3-4 days, I became obsessed with shaving my head, I was loving it haha.

What oils have actually helped me in my journey? Honestly, I don't think any oil made a difference.

And I've tried them all.

The best thing I've ever used on my hair is apple cider vinegar though. It is also the one thing that really helped my stomach. I swear by apple cider vinegar.

Shampoos, IMO they are all largely trash. If you have dandruff and can't get rid, an anti-dandruff shampoo will never completely fix the situation. My doc did advise me however to stick with a hypoallergenic shampoo.

Hair changes too.

When I was a kid, my hair was thick and flat, I struggled to do anything with it. As I got older it started to become more and more wavy. My pure straight hair has gone.

My brothers too have had changes too.

Some of us have now got thinner hair, some have thick hair, some have dandruff, I have one brother that had eczema, which he manages well now, his hair is very, very thick. It's all very random at times.
            I suffer from eczema and once i grew my hair quitr long then suddenly cut it and dust must have gone on my hair and it led to eczema of my hair ever since

so i get dandruff and little patches of eczema its hard to see or tell but if i was to shave my head you would see little dark patches similar to what you said although i havent had an infection steroidal creams and shampoo do help

(steroids should not be used long term they have many side effects including hormonal , skin thinning and dependency addiction)

though life is short so idc lol 

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

I suffer from eczema and once i grew my hair quitr long then suddenly cut it and dust must have gone on my hair and it led to eczema of my hair ever since

so i get dandruff and little patches of eczema its hard to see or tell but if i was to shave my head you would see little dark patches similar to what you said although i havent had an infection steroidal creams and shampoo do help

(steroids should not be used long term they have many side effects including hormonal , skin thinning and dependency addiction)

though life is short so idc lol¬*
              Lol.

I was given a steroid cream, I am not sure if it did anything though.

I don't touch it any more.

I was told by my hair dresser just to keep my scalp moisturised, so to use an oil since I don't use conditioner.

So much work!

Comment

I've been getting white hair for a while now, 
                i usually pluck them out, is plucking them out bad? Anyone know? 

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

Yeah..it's worth nothing. Scholars have spoken on this issue already.

Stop giving your own do-it-yourself fatawa.
                  Interesting.
                  You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

I have white hairs too. I started getting them in my mid 20s. I remember finding my first white hair. I used to just pull them right out but now they're far too many in between so now I just leave them. I'm probably dye them eventually one day.

Comment

It’s mainly the women in your life that give you white hairs. All that stress, headache, nagging and complaining they give you takes its toll

Comment

Working...
                      X