X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what I mean by exaggerating..
    "avoid black" turns into "haram"???
    Not in my mind .. I don't see the word 'forbid' or haram anywhere in that
    ..same with the beard .. just because we see a hadith about Ibn Umar trimming his beard the length of his fist, it becomes "haram" to trim the beard shorter.
    Hmm .. satan is our enemy. Haram is a serious thing .. when we say that 100's of things are haram it becomes trivialized.

..just my opinion, for what it is worth.
    He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

Originally posted by isa_muhammad View Post

.just my opinion, for what it is worth.
      Yeah..it's worth nothing. Scholars have spoken on this issue already.

Stop giving your own do-it-yourself fatawa.

Comment

Originally posted by AX1300 View Post

Oh okay.

30s.

I am going to start taking black seed oil as well.
        Same (I recently started, finally got hold of some Alhamdullilah)

Also, do you put oil on your hair?

You should, massage it in your scalp and then wash it off if the greasyness bothers you

I haven't found the right hair oil for me but as you know, something pure and cold compressed is suppose to be better

Coconut oil hasn't done anything to help my hair

What shampoo do you use

Currently using E45 because my scalp is so itchy and I have dandruff that is getting worse and worse
        Losing hair too

I did use use Eucerin shampoo and that one is better than E45 but long term it is rubbish

I will try that other medicated one soon in Sha Allah
        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

You should, massage it in your scalp and then wash it off if the greasyness bothers you

I haven't found the right hair oil for me but as you know, something pure and cold compressed is suppose to be better

What shampoo do you use

Currently using E45 because my scalp is so itchy and I have dandruff that is getting worse and worse
          Losing hair too

I did use use Eucerin shampoo and that one is better than E45 but long term it is rubbish

Try castor oil, it's good for hair growth. You can mix it with coconut oil if you like. It's also good for eyebrows/lashes. You will need to use it consistently for 3-4 months to see results.
          People who live in glass houses, should not throw stones!~

Comment

Originally posted by Veracity View Post

Try castor oil, it's good for hair growth. You can mix it with coconut oil if you like. It's also good for eyebrows/lashes. You will need to use it consistently for 3-4 months to see results.
            thanks for the suggestion but I've already tried it :/
            i read about the benefits of castor oil so thought it would work on me

It didn't make any difference

My next stop pure argan oil
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

thanks for the suggestion but I've already tried it :/
              i read about the benefits of castor oil so thought it would work on me

It didn't make any difference

My next stop pure argan oil
              How long did you use it for? I know many people who use it and have had fantastic results.

You could try revitalash shampoo. I've not used the shampoo as I've not needed to but I use the revitalash serum for lashes and brows. They are amazing products and worked for me.
              People who live in glass houses, should not throw stones!~

Comment

Originally posted by Veracity View Post

How long did you use it for? I know many people who use it and have had fantastic results.

You could try revitalash shampoo. I've not used the shampoo as I've not needed to but I use the revitalash serum for lashes and brows. They are amazing products and worked for me.
                Definitely more than three months because they say in order to see change, we should at least give it 3-6 months

I will just have to find what best works for me

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

Yeah..it's worth nothing. Scholars have spoken on this issue already.

Stop giving your own do-it-yourself fatawa.
                  I could say "stop relying on others to do your research .. Show me the hadith that says it's haram"

Non-Muslims don't like to hear the truth about Islam.
                  Muslims don't like to hear the truth about their possible misconceptions.

..so people aren't that different really. iblees fell because of pride. This is a major weakness of mankind and jinn. :pride:
                  Last edited by isa_muhammad; 08-09-19, 11:58 PM.
                  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

Originally posted by isa_muhammad View Post

I could say "stop relying on others to do your research .. Show me the hadith that says it's haram"
                    Go study Islam and then maybe your opinion on what is halal or haraam will be worth something.

Comment

1. Blessings of white hair and advice not to pluck them.

2. Ruling regarding black dye on hair.

3. Ruling regarding grey hair and black dye.

4. This gives an exception for using black hair dye. Allahu a'lam.

@ Sis Ya'sin, alhamdulillah you don't pluck them. (Refer: link 1).

@ Sis Umm Uthmaan, (and the brothers) I don't know what Black Henna is exactly, if someone gets Black Henna, it would be good to check if it is Katam or something else which may be impermissible if it's black dye. If it is Katam, as some call 'Katam' as Black Henna, then it is Halal, in sha Allah. (Refer to links 2 & 3)

The 'Katam' (plant like Henna) (which is permitted with Henna), is said to dye hair dark, and even black-ish.

@ OP,
                      Last edited by Rahma.; 09-09-19, 12:27 AM.

Comment

What shampoo do you use

Losing hair too

I do oil my hair and you're right you need to find what works for you.

I currently use olive oil - or a variant of it.

I've had an itchy scalp and dandruff issues for years now. I had it when I was younger, then in my late teens and its kind of been with me since.

You can kind of manage it but from what I've researched people that generally have it, have it for a long time. And its a case of switching up shampoos, trying different things. Every few days I put a mix of tea-tree oil and apple cider vinegar and massage that into my scalp. My hair used to be a lot thicker but its hard to say if its the itchy scalp that has made my hair thinner or just my age. My younger brother has the same and I've noticed his hair is getting a bit thinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Rahma. View Post
                          2. https://islamqa.info/en/answers/476/...ir-with-black Ruling regarding black dye on hair
                          Thanks for the refs.
                          I'm happy with the first hadith .. it is from Sahih Muslim. As I say, it only says to AVOID black. Furthermore, it does not say why.

The hadith about not smelling paradise due to dying your hair is not in the main sahih volumes, as far as I know.
                          Jami Sahih is, along with Tartib al-Musnad, the most important hadith collection for Ibadis.
                          I am NOT an "ibadi" .. I am a Muslim

If it was THAT important i.e. you can't go to paradise, I would expect Allah SWT to have mentioned it in Qur'an
                          Last edited by isa_muhammad; 09-09-19, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AX1300 View Post

I do oil my hair and you're right you need to find what works for you.

I currently use olive oil - or a variant of it.

I've had an itchy scalp and dandruff issues for years now. I had it when I was younger, then in my late teens and its kind of been with me since.

You can kind of manage it but from what I've researched people that generally have it, have it for a long time. And its a case of switching up shampoos, trying different things. Every few days I put a mix of tea-tree oil and apple cider vinegar and massage that into my scalp. My hair used to be a lot thicker but its hard to say if its the itchy scalp that has made my hair thinner or just my age. My younger brother has the same and I've noticed his hair is getting a bit thinner.

Which olive oil do you use?

Last edited by Ya'sin; 17-02-20, 12:42 AM.

Comment

salaams to all,

i also have white hair- first it turned from black to ginger then white.
                              from what i see, many of those who use dye to make their hair appear blacker/darker, only end up making it look worse.

its somewhat pathetic when u see someone who has obviously dyed their hair to look younger and they begin wearing clothes that the younger generation wears etc
                              on the contrary, natural hair, irrespective of its colour, looks dignified esp when its in a full beard- not the highly groomed stubble that passes for a beard with many ppl

but according to Shariah, we are allowed to dye it but NOT black.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
                              jazakallah

Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
                              very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

I do experiment but have to be careful with the amount of different products I use 

Each one needs enough time to be tested 

Comment

Working...
                                X