• Clean Eating.

Click image for larger version

Name:	eat-clean-tile-web-0-0-1470864961.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	12636900

Very nice. Clean Eating + Caffeine Free Diet = Success

Comment

I will be making my own healthy snack bars In Sha Allaah.

Dates, honey, peanut butter, almonds, oats.

Will try different variations of the above.

Comment

Last edited by notEVOLVED; 06-09-19, 02:25 PM.

"And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all which We bestowed on you..." - Al-An'am:94

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
            I will be making my own healthy snack bars In Sha Allaah.

Dates, honey, peanut butter, almonds, oats.

Will try different variations of the above.
            Share the recipe later on :)

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

Share the recipe later on :)
              I made a batch today.

https://minimalistbaker.com/healthy-...-granola-bars/

There's a short video on there too.

Comment

Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post
                "Eat Naked"
                Let's keep this thread clean.

It explains on the sheet what it means.

Comment

Sr Mintchocchip

Sr Rahma

Sr LailatheMuslim

Sr Ya'sin

Sr Umm Uthmaan

Br Abisali

Br Fakhri

Br Simply_Logical

Br AmantuBillahi

(Can't tag, but if you are interested, post here).

And anyone else who wants to join.

Feel free.

Comment

Organic can be quite expensive, but its a good option.¬*

as you grow older, the food choices become clearer.

There are also people whom i believed did good parenting when they never introduce sweets to children. as a result these children never eat sweets. I was first quite amazed when i first heard it. Didn't really think its possible.¬*
                    I still think kids these days cant live without sweets, eating the wrappers and all
                    Allah Subḥānahu wa-taʿālā has mentioned in the Quran in chapter Surah Al-Ahzab:21 There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.

Comment

Originally posted by MuslimThinker View Post
                      Organic can be quite expensive, but its a good option.¬*

as you grow older, the food choices become clearer.

There are also people whom i believed did good parenting when they never introduce sweets to children. as a result these children never eat sweets. I was first quite amazed when i first heard it. Didn't really think its possible.¬*
                      I still think kids these days cant live without sweets, eating the wrappers and all
                      My son loves sugary treats. And with all these dessert shops open, it's hard to refuse him.

It's good to instil good eating habits from a young age though.

And you're right, organic is expensive, but if you're not purchasing extra unnecessary junk food, then it balances out.

If you shop healthy, that reduces like 90% of your typical food store stuff. You just need the fruit/veg aisles mostly.

Comment

Years ago I watched a programme on healthy eating and combatting obesity etc and I heard one very interesting comment. A woman said that we should avoid giving sweets as "treats" to kids, because then they associate it with being a reward for when something is done well. They need to be taught to find joy and rewards in something other than things that aren't good for them. At the time I thought that was OTT as all of us have grown up looking forward to treats ranging from the mithai on Eid to the birthday cake, to celebrating passing exams by going to the dessert shop for freakshakes etc. We keep repeating the mantra "oh but a little now and then is okay" and for many people it is okay, but that's not the point. The point is the more we reinforce the idea of indulgent foods being the reward or treat, the greater the likelihood that they'll turn to it as a comfort.

I used to give chocolates to my pupils as a treat as well to reward them for a good score in quizzes and that sort of thing, but after I saw that show, I switched to giving them novelty stationery instead. It's a very small gesture but it means they're still getting a little prize for doing well but it's not associated with a food that's bad for them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the sort of person who'd say that if I had kids, I'd NEVER buy sweet treats, but I am saying now I'm conscious of where bad habits develop from, I'm more mindful about avoiding them.

Oh speaking of sweet foods for kids, beware of baby food products. A LOT of them are too sweet, for example if you buy a jar that's labelled as broccoli, it will contain mostly mashed pear to make it sweet and less than 20% of it actually contains broccoli so the parent sees the jar label thinking it's a healthy vegetable and then doesn't understand why their toddler wont touch home made broccoli or other veg because he/she's developed a sweet tooth from processed food from a jar. Also beware of drinks labelled as low or no sugar cos many of those contain artificial sweeteners that are also unhealthy. Most soft drinks in the shops are unhealthy, it's best to drink mostly water or if you want something different then the occasional home made lassi, smoothie, veg juice, milkshake and if you're not avoiding caffeine then one or two cups of tea or coffee are okay as long as you don't feel the need to put lots of sugar in it or have it with cake/biscuits/pakoras or other fried snacks etc
                        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

My son loves sugary treats. And with all these dessert shops open, it's hard to refuse him.

It's good to instil good eating habits from a young age though.

And you're right, organic is expensive, but if you're not purchasing extra unnecessary junk food, then it balances out.

If you shop healthy, that reduces like 90% of your typical food store stuff. You just need the fruit/veg aisles mostly.
                          A lot of the time, it's not even the parents that give the 'sugary' treats but other family members, especially grandparents. The parents find it difficult to say no in order not to offend, which means the child is then left with bad eating habits.

Also, I agree with the above post by sister neelu . It is so easy to find comfort in food when from an early age it has always been used to reward doing 'good'.
                          People who live in glass houses, should not throw stones!~

Comment

Working...
                          X