Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Besides your own country, what other countries food do you like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Besides your own country, what other countries food do you like?

...provided that you like your own countries food.

• Mintchocchip
    replied
    Not really fussed. If it tastes nice will eat it no matter which country it is associated with.

Alhumdulillah have tried food from different cultures and so far have not disliked anything.
    ¬*

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied
    It's my sister's fault that I've tried foods from other cultures.

I was quite unadventurous as a child when it came to food. Apart from breakfast, the occasional chips meal or sandwich, for the most part we only ate roti/rice and salan at home and my diet would've probably stayed that way if it weren't for didi insisting that I try new things from time to time. I'm very grateful to her for broadening my horizons so much. Nowadays I come across other Asian families where they only eat the types of food I had as a child and they feel like they haven't really had a proper meal unless it's roti/rice and salan and I feel sorry for such people for having such a narrow palate. They don't know what they're missing.

I remember I was 12 the first time didi made me try pizza and I loved it. Sometimes she made me try things that I didn't like, but that's okay- it was worth it cos I also discovered so many great foods that I wouldn't have known about if it weren't for her.

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Sorry I didn't reply to all the posts. I haven't really tried that many foods of different cultures despite asking this question...

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Originally posted by neelu View Post
    Yeah I like Italian food, but miss it since going gluten free. I like pizza, pasta and cannelloni.

I also like Turkish food. It's so fresh and healthy as well as tasty. I like a starter of ezo gelin soup, good mezze platters with stuffed vine leaves, hummous, cacik and a main course of barbequed chicken kebab.

I know I'm biased, but where main meals are concerned, I think Pakistani food is some of the best in the world. Having said that, when it comes to desserts and sweet dishes, the English are a step ahead of us. Steamed puddings, chocolate pudding, cream cakes, afternoon teas, sweet pastries mmMMMMMmmmmm. Another bunch of things I miss since going gluten free, though I've taught my dad to make lovely gluten free millionaires shortbread and back when I was well enough to bake, I used to make some lovely pear tarte tatin with a dollop of crŤme fraiche.
    Turkish food is really healthy. I agree English desserts are better than desi sweet foods. I had to google a lot of these food names lol. I like apple crumble.

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
    I like Pakistani food, I sooo wish I could make some Pakistani food.¬*
    A lot of people say Pakistani food is the best, I assume it has the best flavours.

Leave a comment:

• usernametaken
    replied
    Originally posted by Farah. A View Post
    I loveee chineseee food.
    ​​​​​​
    I've tried some japanese food (noodles) if they are actually the way they are made in Japan, then I guess their food is nice.

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied
    Yeah I like Italian food, but miss it since going gluten free. I like pizza, pasta and cannelloni.

I also like Turkish food. It's so fresh and healthy as well as tasty. I like a starter of ezo gelin soup, good mezze platters with stuffed vine leaves, hummous, cacik and a main course of barbequed chicken kebab.

I know I'm biased, but where main meals are concerned, I think Pakistani food is some of the best in the world. Having said that, when it comes to desserts and sweet dishes, the English are a step ahead of us. Steamed puddings, chocolate pudding, cream cakes, afternoon teas, sweet pastries mmMMMMMmmmmm. Another bunch of things I miss since going gluten free, though I've taught my dad to make lovely gluten free millionaires shortbread and back when I was well enough to bake, I used to make some lovely pear tarte tatin with a dollop of crŤme fraiche.

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    I like Pakistani food, I sooo wish I could make some Pakistani food.¬*

Leave a comment:

• Morose
    replied
    A nice spot of English grub.¬*

Ta.

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Racist?¬*

Didn't expect it from you...¬*

¬*
    When you need immodium youl know

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Disgusting

are u serious
    Racist?¬*

Didn't expect it from you...¬*

¬*

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
    Hutki Sheera.¬*

Turkish, Italian, Mexican.¬*
    Disgusting

are u serious

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Hutki Sheera.¬*

Turkish, Italian, Mexican.¬*

Leave a comment:

• Kya
    replied
    There is not many food I don't like. So plenty of countries food I love. But my go to non-bangali/nondesi food are: Thai, Lebanese, Yemeni, Japanese, American

Leave a comment:

Working...
X