Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy Snack Ideas

As-Salaamu 'alaikum,

I'm looking for some nutritious snack ideas right now. I'm going to avoid processed foods as much as is possible after Ramadan- it's just a personal goal of mine.

If anyone has any such snack ideas in mind, please share!
    ~‘And He will provide him from (sources) he could never imagine. And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed, Allah has set a measure for all things.’~ - سورة الطلاق : 3

Cheese, eggs, meat, fruit, fish, nuts
    Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

Wa alaykum Salam

breadsticks & hummus
      apple slices with peanut butter
      Carrots / cucumbers / peppers with hummus
      rice cakes with toppings
      dark chocolate
      Greek yoghurt with berries
      olives with flat bread
      https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Granola bars

And other bars that are calorie dense and packed with nuts and wholesome good stuff

Comment

Chicken n chips

Comment

Fruit.
            Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

- fruit smoothie: mix some fruits, preferably some banana (so that it's sweet without needing added sugar) and berries or whatever else, along with some milk (or if you're dairy intolerant, use soy or cashew milk). That's fine as it is or as an optional extra you could also add something like greek yogurt or a scoop of icecream or some cacao powder

- Granola sundae: In a glass, put in a layer of granola (or pieces of muffin), a layer of greek yogurt, then a layer of crushed berries and repeat the layers so it looks like a sundae

- Hummous and sticks of carrot, cucumber etc

- Cook papad (uncooked poppadoms) on an open flame then use as tortilla crisps to dip in salsa (I buy ready made doritos salsa but you can also make your own by peeling and deseeding tomatoes, chopping tomato flesh into a bowl along with a chopped chilli, a little chopped red onion mixed with a little salt and pepper and lime juice

- Bake some muffins; they're usually healthier than cake and if you use stuff like bananas and dates, then it doesn't need extra sugar to make it sweet

- Baked samosas: in fact a lot of dishes made with filo pastry tend to be lighter and healthier such as maybe spanakopita or spinach and feta borek but they're delicious as snacks.
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. Not sure about meat as a snack, though. That's more for meal times for me and that too, not so frequently.

Bars are not that healthy by the way. Just take a look at the info on the packets; it may just surprise you.
                ~‘And He will provide him from (sources) he could never imagine. And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed, Allah has set a measure for all things.’~ - سورة الطلاق : 3

Comment

If you're after something more quick or convenient then of course there's fruit. Also supermarkets sell ready made salads and wraps of various kinds if you really don't have time to make anything yourself but check the ingredients and nutritional content partly to ensure it's halal and partly to make sure it isn't drenched in mayonnaise or other fattening/sugary/unhealthy dressing. They also sell ready made pots of things like hummous, tzatziki and so on though they take 5 minutes to make at home. Guacamole also takes 5 mins to make at home but if you buy it ready made, check ingredients as some brands don't even put hardly any avocado in it when that's the main ingredient.

Sadly on the whole, healthy snacks tend to not be the most convenient. It's usually better to make your own so that you know it has good wholesome ingredients. You could make your own pot noodle by getting a tiny jar and putting natural flavours in it such as soy sauce, crushed garlic and ginger paste, peanut butter, sesame seeds (maybe add some finely chopped onion/veg or a tin of crab or a couple of anchovies or something) or whatever flavours you prefer and then after your noodles have been left to soften in boiling water for a few minutes, you can just mix in your home made stir in sauce and that means your home made pot noodle is ready within ten minutes I'm not sure if you'll consider this as healthy but a very simple and quick thing to make would be pancakes. They don't have to be covered in chocolate or maple syrup, you could stuff crepes with spinach and ricotta instead, or alu methi or leftover salan.

Comment

Fruits and nuts in in Greek yoghurt was something I became really regular with (and keen on).Pretty much the same as any unhealthy desert/snack, if not ​​​​​better. Alhamdulillah.

Sr neelu - I recall seeing a post here a few weeks ago where sister mentioned she was feeling a little worse than usual... asking this on behalf of all the brothers and sisters here but have things improved a little at all?

Also, the situation with the DLA(?), hopefully it's being or has been resolved and they aren't still being stubborn and problematic.
                    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
                    -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
                      Fruits and nuts in in Greek yoghurt was something I became really regular with (and keen on).Pretty much the same as any unhealthy desert/snack, if not ​​​​​better. Alhamdulillah.

Sr neelu - I recall seeing a post here a few weeks ago where sister mentioned she was feeling a little worse than usual... asking this on behalf of all the brothers and sisters here but have things improved a little at all?

Also, the situation with the DLA(?), hopefully it's being or has been resolved and they aren't still being stubborn and problematic.
                      Thanks for asking, I appreciate the concern. The answer is no. My health has already been bad for over 10 years but during that time I'd have roughly one or two days in a month when I'd feel a bit better than usual and it's on those days that I was able to get more strenuous tasks done such as bathing or going out (for shopping, appointments or to see people) but this year I've had far fewer "better" days which has meant that my already infrequent baths/trips outdoors became even more of a rarity.

I used to be on DLA for over 10 years, but some months ago, they scrapped DLA and made me go for a benefit assessment for PIP (the replacement for DLA). I went to their interrogation back in November and was turned down so have been fighting their decision ever since. My letter seeking mandatory reconsideration was also turned down so the only option now is to go for an appeal, which I'm dreading but we're now in touch with someone from CAB who could help with that inshaAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post

Thanks for asking, I appreciate the concern. The answer is no. My health has already been bad for over 10 years but during that time I'd have roughly one or two days in a month when I'd feel a bit better than usual and it's on those days that I was able to get more strenuous tasks done such as bathing or going out (for shopping, appointments or to see people) but this year I've had far fewer "better" days which has meant that my already infrequent baths/trips outdoors became even more of a rarity.

I used to be on DLA for over 10 years, but some months ago, they scrapped DLA and made me go for a benefit assessment for PIP (the replacement for DLA). I went to their interrogation back in November and was turned down so have been fighting their decision ever since. My letter seeking mandatory reconsideration was also turned down so the only option now is to go for an appeal, which I'm dreading but we're now in touch with someone from CAB who could help with that inshaAllah.
                        Thanks for your advice sis, much appreciated.

I'm not sure what you're suffering from or having to deal with but if it's a disability, there's a charity called Scope that could maybe help you in some way, in sha Allah. Also, if it would help to chat to someone, feel free to send me a message.

Comment

My current snack: grapes and dates. They're both sweet and the dates are filling, alhamdulillah. I'm going to try and find a healthy savoury snack now.

Comment

Kushary lol

Comment

Originally posted by Farah. A View Post
                              Kushary lol

Comment

Working...
                              X