Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold feet and hands

assalamu alaykum

does anyone else get really cold feet and hands?

ive had this problem for years, i think it might be a circulation problem Allahu Alam

i have to have a hot water bottle for my feet because theyre ice cold

anyways just wondering if anyone else has this issue...

JazakAllah Khair

walaykum salam,

I used to get this for years. When I was very young (school age), I remember my feet in particular (but also my hands) would get freezing cold really easily and warming them up again was really hard. I tried wearing thermals, I tried wearing bed socks but my feet would still be freezing even an hour after getting into bed. My family assumed it was poor circulation as well. Same with my hands, if I washed them in very cold water then they'd stay cold for ages. It wasn't too bad when my health was okay but when it got worse then it became much harder to warm my hands and feet, my feet often became numb and useless and eventually I figured out that I had raynauds syndrome. I had it most of my life.

Then as part of the Lyme disease treatment, I was given an antibiotic called doxycycline for a few months and the raynauds went away. That happened years ago. Since then my hands and feet seem to maintain a normal temperature and if they get cold such as by washing hands in cold water in the winter, it doesn't take long to warm them back up again and the feet don't take that long either.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu
      walaykum salam,

I used to get this for years. When I was very young (school age), I remember my feet in particular (but also my hands) would get freezing cold really easily and warming them up again was really hard. I tried wearing thermals, I tried wearing bed socks but my feet would still be freezing even an hour after getting into bed. My family assumed it was poor circulation as well. Same with my hands, if I washed them in very cold water then they'd stay cold for ages. It wasn't too bad when my health was okay but when it got worse then it became much harder to warm my hands and feet, my feet often became numb and useless and eventually I figured out that I had raynauds syndrome. I had it most of my life.

Then as part of the Lyme disease treatment, I was given an antibiotic called doxycycline for a few months and the raynauds went away. That happened years ago. Since then my hands and feet seem to maintain a normal temperature and if they get cold such as by washing hands in cold water in the winter, it doesn't take long to warm them back up again and the feet don't take that long either.
      Yea that's exactly how I am,
      If I use cold water on my hands or feet they be freezing cold

Like now I've got a hot water bottle on my feet because they're cold

I normally wear two pair of socks one of which is thermal

I've never heard of Raynaud's syndrome

Alhamdulillah glad you don't get it now Allahumma bareek

Comment

I used to have to massage my feet with kalonji oil every morning until I could alleviate the numbness and cold. I tried buying woollen socks but that didn't help to keep my feet warm. I had it most of my life but alhamdullilah the doxycycline treatment got rid of it. I think one thing doxy did was help increase the overall body temperature (not like giving a fever temperature, more like stabilising it). I think it's possible that if you took allicinmax (the best garlic supplement that contains the main medicinal property of garlic which is the allicin), then that could also do the trick as garlic is quite warming, but bear in mind, garlic can have its side effects. If I take too much garlic for example, my wrists ache and I have to sleep and rest more than usual for a day to two until the effects wear off but it's still worth it cos' it's really helped alleviate some symptoms. It's available from boots without prescription.

Some say it's worth while to wear gloves if you have to take something out of the freezer- don't care about whether other people think it looks silly, do what works for you. Some people buy hand warmers as well.
        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

I once slept with boxing gloves on my feet to heat them, it worked
          Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

My hands and feets get too warm. Lol.​​​​​

Comment

It's the worst..

Comment

Originally posted by neelu
                I used to have to massage my feet with kalonji oil every morning until I could alleviate the numbness and cold. I tried buying woollen socks but that didn't help to keep my feet warm. I had it most of my life but alhamdullilah the doxycycline treatment got rid of it. I think one thing doxy did was help increase the overall body temperature (not like giving a fever temperature, more like stabilising it). I think it's possible that if you took allicinmax (the best garlic supplement that contains the main medicinal property of garlic which is the allicin), then that could also do the trick as garlic is quite warming, but bear in mind, garlic can have its side effects. If I take too much garlic for example, my wrists ache and I have to sleep and rest more than usual for a day to two until the effects wear off but it's still worth it cos' it's really helped alleviate some symptoms. It's available from boots without prescription.

Some say it's worth while to wear gloves if you have to take something out of the freezer- don't care about whether other people think it looks silly, do what works for you. Some people buy hand warmers as well.
                Yea I might try out kalonji oil insha'Allah

Comment

Originally posted by Kaas
                  I once slept with boxing gloves on my feet to heat them, it worked
                  Lol don't think I'll try that

Comment

Originally posted by notEVOLVED
                    My hands and feets get too warm. Lol.​​​​​
                    I wonder what's worse getting cold or warm

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan
                      It's the worst..
                      You get it too?

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

You get it too?
                        Yh but only cold feet. That's why I prefer warm temperature in the room lol

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan

You get it too?
                          Yh but only cold feet. That's why I prefer warm temperature in the room lol
                          May Allah swt give you shifa

Comment

Always

I wear a jumper to bed and sometimes socks

Googled it on NHS website

I don't like seeing a GP about it, it's a waste of time. They don't care so I've given up on making effort.

I'm looking forward to warmer weather, 17C can feel cold indoors.

​​​​​​

​​​​​​
                            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I wonder what's worse getting cold or warm
                              Lol, it's funny how contrasting the difference is.

Sometimes, I wish I had slippers of ice. And you use hot water bottle to warm your hands and feet.

Comment

Working...
                              X