Son eats ham

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son eats ham

I've found out that the nursery gave my son ham sandwiches, something he also eats at his dad's house. I understand it is haram, and his dad is aware I have a halal household, but he explained to me my son wouldn't eat anything else.

If my son, who is 3, is an unbelievably fussy eater and won't eat anything else, is it OK for him to eat this until he's a little older and can understand why it's wrong.

He has been very difficult when it comes to eating (ever since he was weaned at 6 months).

Salaam sister.

The reason pork is haraam in Islam is because it is unclean. Eating the meat of pig can cause over seventy different types of latent diseases as their body contains many toxins and deadly parasitic worms like tapeworm, roundworm, pinworm, hookworm, etc. If he eats pork he is likely to inject many of these worms or their eggs into his body. Most dangerous among them is the Tapeworm. Swine is extremely bad for the body and can lead to hypertension and heart attack. There is wisdom in everything Allah Ta'ala decrees. When your son is with you, take him shopping and see what foods he likes that are halaal. He will definitely enjoy something else. If he continues to eat ham, he will not want to stop when he is older even if he understands its haraam, which is dangerous considering that he may even begin to engage in other haraam activities knowing that it is haraam but that he enjoys. So it is good to give your children a good deeni upbringing from the beginning... feed him sunnah foods like dates, fig, grape, milk, yogurt, etc. If he doesn't like these, give him pizza, ice cream, and such, but stay far away from haraam. Whatever foods he likes, supply to his dad so he can eat those while he is at his house and won't have to eat ham, which can very detrimental to his health later on and it will upset Allah Ta'ala who has provided plenty of other foods on this earth.

Comment

you shouldnt let him go to his dads house until he stops feeding him ham

Comment

No you cannot give him ham, even if he is a fussy eater im sure he would still eat other things, after all he eats the sandwich
        Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

What nursery ignores dietry requirements and just randomly feeds a kid a ham sandwich.....? You literally have to fill out a form when you enrol your kid into daycare....

Since when do fussy eaters ONLY eat one type of food

Your post sounds trollish...please use your common sense on these matters...
          Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
            What nursery ignores dietry requirements and just randomly feeds a kid a ham sandwich.....? You literally have to fill out a form when you enrol your kid into daycare....

Since when do fussy eaters ONLY eat one type of food

Your post sounds trollish...please use your common sense on these matters...
            I'm already having a difficult time personally with family life, so resorted to this to ask genuine questions. If you have nothing to add that would be helpful don't bother responding to posts. Especially when your tactic is to immediately attack the person asking the question.

People like you are the real trolls and at times bullies.

Comment

Originally posted by muslimsister91 View Post

I'm already having a difficult time personally with family life, so resorted to this to ask genuine questions. If you have nothing to add that would be helpful don't bother responding to posts. Especially when your tactic is to immediately attack the person asking the question.

You'll find many people on this forum like what you just described. Only looking to attack others and to try and show their "supposed" piety. I've come across quite a few and even though I joined this forum with keen interest to make Islamic friends and change my lifestyle, I mostly came across hurtful people who lash out to soothe their own guilt. People aren't very nice on the internet in general, so don't pay much attention to the rude ones here. There are many others who are kind helpful and quite smart too. Hope your experience here is better than mine.

Comment

May Allah swt ease your affairs, if that is the case..

You didn't even answer the question/s I posed... No one attacked you. You came on a forum and shared this information, I raised some VALID points which you have failed to answer..
                Last edited by shay5; 10-02-19, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IsaahM View Post

You'll find many people on this forum like what you just described. Only looking to attack others and to try and show their "supposed" piety. I've come across quite a few and even though I joined this forum with keen interest to make Islamic friends and change my lifestyle, I mostly came across hurtful people who lash out to soothe their own guilt. People aren't very nice on the internet in general, so don't pay much attention to the rude ones here. There are many others who are kind helpful and quite smart too. Hope your experience here is better than mine.
                  If you're a Muslim parent and your wife comes home saying the nursery gave your son ham, wouldn;t you ask the same questions I just did?

If you have issues with people's behavior on this forum, then take it up with the mods.. ....we can't have a sob story derailing every thread...

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post

If you're a Muslim parent and your wife comes home saying the nursery gave your son ham, wouldn;t you ask the same questions I just did?

If you have issues with people's behavior on this forum, then take it up with the mods.. ....we can't have a sob story derailing every thread...
                    Isn't it obvious that maybe the child's father would have told the nursery that it's okay for the child to eat ham? Or maybe he eats it from one of his friends? Does it even matter where he gets the food from that you're derailing the topic to that? Don't accuse me for derailing the topic, that's what you were doing. What I was doing was providing advice to someone, don't take it personally and try to create an argument. Ugh.

Comment

I've found out that the nursery gave my son ham sandwiches, something he also eats at his dad's house. I understand it is haram, and his dad is aware I have a halal household, but he explained to me my son wouldn't eat anything else.

If my son, who is 3, is an unbelievably fussy eater and won't eat anything else, is it OK for him to eat this until he's a little older and can understand why it's wrong.

He has been very difficult when it comes to eating (ever since he was weaned at 6 months).
                      Most if not all children when hungry enough will eat what they are given. At the age of 6 months they can be weened onto most things but that's done with now.

It's not okay for him to eat Ham. If you can get him a play mate then perhaps he will copy him in his eating habits. Failing that be resolute and give him a range of healthy options. You can also google "fussy meals for kids" for ideas.

Comment

Talk to the nursery and tell them they're not allowed to feed your son pork. If they continue to do so, take him to a different one. Also, tell his father the same thing and don't allow him to meet your son if he keeps giving him pork. You need to remember that it is haram to eat pork no matter what the reason. Don't let your son fall into such sinful habits at such a young age. I understand that he's a fussy eater but there are literally so many things that he can eat. It's not possible that he only eats one thing.

Comment

What do you feed him when he is with you or rather what have you been feeding him since he was six months?

If he can like the taste of ham then I am sure if you offer him a other foods he will find a halal food that he likes.

As a parent you should be more concerned that the nursery fed him ham especially if you have not given them permission.

Comment

It is an open forum so just like you can post anything so can others. Some people have been here long enough to suss out when someone is trolling.
                            Last edited by Mintchocchip; 10-02-19, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Is the father not a Muslim?

Also this isn't a fatwa site ...although the answer to this question was obvious.

Comment

Working...
                              X