halal salami?

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn._.Mario View Post
      halal salami?
      Yea is there good ones out there?
      Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

I haven’t seen ones like those that are halal. But I know you can get salami from Turkish or Arab shops in the uk.

Comment

Originally posted by Janna90 View Post
          I haven’t seen ones like those that are halal. But I know you can get salami from Turkish or Arab shops in the uk.
          Yeah almost every city will have at least one place. There's processed packaged salami that's halal available here, should be available all over the UK. (hoping the OP is in the UK heh)

Comment

Janna90
            IsaahM

yea ive eaten those, theyre not great.. i will try to DIY it one day

Comment

I've always wondered why Muslim countries don't seem to have a culture of curing meats whereas it's a huge thing for the kufaar. I mean, most of the Muslim world is hot countries, where we use dried and preserved foods such as rice, pulses, beans, spices, nuts, dried fruits, preserved lemons and so on, which was particularly useful in the olden days before refrigeration and for travelling long distances and yet we tend to eat fresh meat, not cured or preserved so much.

We don't even do much sausage making or that sort of thing. Of course there's merghez sausage from North Africa but that's the only one I've come across- I presume there are others I haven't heard of. My cousin gave me a halal sausage in Pakistan, but I'm guessing that was just a lamb recipe that copied an English recipe cos' there's definitely no tradition of such things in Pakistan. One time a Turkish friend gave me something that was like halal pepperoni though. It was a sausage he'd brought back from his farm in Turkey and he kept it in the freezer, but one time whilst frying an egg for me, he also thinly sliced the sausage and cooked it in the frying pan and it came out like those round meaty circles like pepperoni and it tasted quite nice. It was frozen though, so not dried or anything but it's the closest thing I've seen to a type of cured halal meat from a Muslim country.

If there's some enterprising artisan producer out there, I know it sounds like a niche idea but I think there's potential for that kind of business to do well, if someone with the production skills and business sense gave it a go.
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                I've always wondered why Muslim countries don't seem to have a culture of curing meats whereas it's a huge thing for the kufaar. I mean, most of the Muslim world is hot countries, where we use dried and preserved foods such as rice, pulses, beans, spices, nuts, dried fruits, preserved lemons and so on, which was particularly useful in the olden days before refrigeration and for travelling long distances and yet we tend to eat fresh meat, not cured or preserved so much.

We don't even do much sausage making or that sort of thing. Of course there's merghez sausage from North Africa but that's the only one I've come across- I presume there are others I haven't heard of. My cousin gave me a halal sausage in Pakistan, but I'm guessing that was just a lamb recipe that copied an English recipe cos' there's definitely no tradition of such things in Pakistan. One time a Turkish friend gave me something that was like halal pepperoni though. It was a sausage he'd brought back from his farm in Turkey and he kept it in the freezer, but one time whilst frying an egg for me, he also thinly sliced the sausage and cooked it in the frying pan and it came out like those round meaty circles like pepperoni and it tasted quite nice. It was frozen though, so not dried or anything but it's the closest thing I've seen to a type of cured halal meat from a Muslim country.

If there's some enterprising artisan producer out there, I know it sounds like a niche idea but I think there's potential for that kind of business to do well, if someone with the production skills and business sense gave it a go.
                Oh yeah the turkish sucuk, its quite nice, i wouldve thought I'd be able to find it in the UK...

Comment

Working...
                X