Clear All

• DreamSleep
    replied
    Just a hot bowl of Indo mie noodles

Leave a comment:

• Morose
    replied
    Originally posted by Abisali View Post
    I crave freekeh - which is basically chicken soup with cracked wheat (bulgur) and bread. I also crave juice as well, orange or cranberry.
    Meow.

Leave a comment:

• Morose
    replied
    Originally posted by neelu View Post
    Walaykum salam,

It depends on why I'm ill. If I feel a bit nauseous then I need lemon or lime to help take that feeling away. If I'm ill with a cold or flu, then I also lose my appetite so don't feel like having full meals but I need something light, so then we make a simple thai style chicken soup and it's very good for soothing colds. I used to boil noodles in it to make it into chicken noodle soup and it was REALLY amazing and delicious, but now that I can no longer have gluten so I don't do that anymore. It looks like a simple dish but it's very nice. Here's an old pic I have of the last time I had it with noodles *reminisces
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0069.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	469.3 KB
ID:	12594430
    That looks pretty woke.

Leave a comment:

• islamlife00
    replied
    I found this about broth. Chicken broth works for me as well as chicken soup when I am ill or feel down.

Aishah narrated: "Whenever one of the wives of the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) became (feverishly) ill, he would order that some broth be prepared. Then he would tell them to take some of the broth. And he would say: 'It firms the heart of the grieved, and it rids the worries from the heart of the ill just as one of you removes dirt from her face with water." (Jami at-Tirmidhi)

Leave a comment:

• Ganar
    replied
    When I get sick, I usually lose my appetite and drink a lot of warm tea or hot ginger tea.Very rarely when I want to eat, but usually the maximum that I eat is chicken broth.

Leave a comment:

• Mintchocchip
    replied
    Oh yeah, when I'm unwell, it isn't necessarily foods I crave, but drinks. Like if I have a stomach upset then Kava helps (a type of black tea infusion). If I feel nauseous then I have a glass of sprite with the juice of half a fresh lime and a pinch of salt and that helps me to feel better. If I have muscle or joint pains, then we make Kara, which is a type of turmeric milk drink but we also add some nuts and cardamom seeds that have been lightly fried in ghee plus a little sugar or honey and it's pretty good for pain relief.

Oh I just remembered, when I have a migraine then I feel the need for coffee and sometimes I have this with cheat's tiramisu which you can find in the link below
    http://myalgicmuslimah.blogspot.com/...misu-gf-v.html
    I tried tumeric milk with honey for the first time a few days ago. Alhumdulillah it did not taste unpleasant like I expected it too.

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied
    Oh yeah, when I'm unwell, it isn't necessarily foods I crave, but drinks. Like if I have a stomach upset then Kava helps (a type of black tea infusion). If I feel nauseous then I have a glass of sprite with the juice of half a fresh lime and a pinch of salt and that helps me to feel better. If I have muscle or joint pains, then we make Kara, which is a type of turmeric milk drink but we also add some nuts and cardamom seeds that have been lightly fried in ghee plus a little sugar or honey and it's pretty good for pain relief.

Oh I just remembered, when I have a migraine then I feel the need for coffee and sometimes I have this with cheat's tiramisu which you can find in the link below
    http://myalgicmuslimah.blogspot.com/...misu-gf-v.html
    Last edited by neelu; 30-12-18, 12:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    I like drinking (Pakistani) tea - with cinnamon and cardamoms.

Leave a comment:

• Mintchocchip
    replied
    Chicken soup seems popular.

Leave a comment:

• Tide2006
    replied
    Chicken noodle soup!

Leave a comment:

• Mintchocchip
    replied
    Sister neelu I was going to as if you can have barley but that also has gluten aswell as semolina.

I don't know why but I never really liked porridge. I remember the Ready brek advert in the 80s and us siblings made our mum buy it. We did not like it but we ate it (with jam) just so next time we asked for another new food product she buy it and not say we waste stuff.

I have barley porridge instead now alhumdulillah. I find that tastes much better especially with dates.

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied
    Oats don't suit me either. I don't seem to digest it very well. Good old apple porridge used to be just the thing to keep me warm on a cold day. One day years ago I had to go to an appointment and it was snowing and freezing outside, but before I went out, I ate a bowl of my apple porridge, then I went out wearing my gloves and my wool and cashmere winter coat and honestly- I did not feel cold. It's like that Ready Brek advert where they show the kid surrounded by a warm glow outside. After the short appointment, I had to go home in my mobility scooter so I was a bit exposed to the elements but that porridge kept me warm all the way through the snowy path home so that was very nice. Admittedly by the time I got home my thumb was a bit cold but nothing significant- what I ate really shielded it from the elements. I'd highly recommend it as a winter breakfast for school kids (ironically I hated the thought of porridge during my school years cos' it just looked mushy and bland).

Leave a comment:

• Abisali
    replied
    Walaykum salam,

It depends on why I'm ill. If I feel a bit nauseous then I need lemon or lime to help take that feeling away. If I'm ill with a cold or flu, then I also lose my appetite so don't feel like having full meals but I need something light, so then we make a simple thai style chicken soup and it's very good for soothing colds. I used to boil noodles in it to make it into chicken noodle soup and it was REALLY amazing and delicious, but now that I can no longer have gluten so I don't do that anymore. It looks like a simple dish but it's very nice. Here's an old pic I have of the last time I had it with noodles *reminisces
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0069.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	469.3 KB
ID:	12594430
    I am sorry you can no longer have gluten, may Allah make things easy for you to find good substitutions. Don't forget about trying steel cut oats. I have recently gotten into them and never realized they can be cooked with savory flavors. I've been cooking them in chicken broth with mushrooms and it comes out really tasty.

Leave a comment:

• Abisali
    replied
    I crave freekeh - which is basically chicken soup with cracked wheat (bulgur) and bread. I also crave juice as well, orange or cranberry.

Leave a comment:

• islamlife00
    replied
    When ill, I crave chicken soup, very rarely in fact I don't remember ever crave anything else when ill or just generally feeling down.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X