Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• islamlife00
    replied
    When ill, I crave chicken soup, very rarely in fact I don't remember ever crave anything else when ill or just generally feeling down.

Leave a comment:

• Musbah
    replied
    My wife eats gluten free and those noodles taste strange and the gluten free pasta. She makes gluten free cookies and you can tell they are gluten free.

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied
    I've tried gluten free soba noodles and rice noodles but they taste completely different from the (wheat flour) egg noodles I used to have such as those in the pic so they wouldn't work in this dish and haven't yet found a product that would work. Rice noodles do taste pretty good in gluten free seviyan though so sometimes I have that on Eid so that I don't feel left out.

Leave a comment:

• Mintchocchip
    replied
    Originally posted by neelu View Post
    Walaykum salam,

It depends on why I'm ill. If I feel a bit nauseous then I need lemon or lime to help take that feeling away. If I'm ill with a cold or flu, then I also lose my appetite so don't feel like having full meals but I need something light, so then we make a simple thai style chicken soup and it's very good for soothing colds. I used to boil noodles in it to make it into chicken noodle soup and it was REALLY amazing and delicious, but now that I can no longer have gluten so I don't do that anymore. It looks like a simple dish but it's very nice. Here's an old pic I have of the last time I had it with noodles *reminisces
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0069.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	469.3 KB
ID:	12594430
    Sister have you tried gluten free noodles? Some supermarkets sell them such as Tesco.

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied
    Walaykum salam,

It depends on why I'm ill. If I feel a bit nauseous then I need lemon or lime to help take that feeling away. If I'm ill with a cold or flu, then I also lose my appetite so don't feel like having full meals but I need something light, so then we make a simple thai style chicken soup and it's very good for soothing colds. I used to boil noodles in it to make it into chicken noodle soup and it was REALLY amazing and delicious, but now that I can no longer have gluten so I don't do that anymore. It looks like a simple dish but it's very nice. Here's an old pic I have of the last time I had it with noodles *reminisces
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0069.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	469.3 KB
ID:	12594430

Leave a comment:

• Mintchocchip
    replied
    Originally posted by shay5 View Post
    lol I don;t crave foodwhen I'm ill.. what you have sounds like pregnancy symptoms...

It does sound like pregnancy symptoms but am not. It happens everytime I feel unwell though.
    Last edited by Mintchocchip; 15-12-18, 05:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• shay5
    replied
    lol I don;t crave foodwhen I'm ill.. what you have sounds like pregnancy symptoms...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X