No announcement yet.

Food you crave when ill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, when I'm unwell, it isn't necessarily foods I crave, but drinks. Like if I have a stomach upset then Kava helps (a type of black tea infusion). If I feel nauseous then I have a glass of sprite with the juice of half a fresh lime and a pinch of salt and that helps me to feel better. If I have muscle or joint pains, then we make Kara, which is a type of turmeric milk drink but we also add some nuts and cardamom seeds that have been lightly fried in ghee plus a little sugar or honey and it's pretty good for pain relief.

Oh I just remembered, when I have a migraine then I feel the need for coffee and sometimes I have this with cheat's tiramisu which you can find in the link below
    http://myalgicmuslimah.blogspot.com/...misu-gf-v.html
    Last edited by neelu; 29-12-18, 11:52 PM.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
      Oh yeah, when I'm unwell, it isn't necessarily foods I crave, but drinks. Like if I have a stomach upset then Kava helps (a type of black tea infusion). If I feel nauseous then I have a glass of sprite with the juice of half a fresh lime and a pinch of salt and that helps me to feel better. If I have muscle or joint pains, then we make Kara, which is a type of turmeric milk drink but we also add some nuts and cardamom seeds that have been lightly fried in ghee plus a little sugar or honey and it's pretty good for pain relief.

Oh I just remembered, when I have a migraine then I feel the need for coffee and sometimes I have this with cheat's tiramisu which you can find in the link below
      http://myalgicmuslimah.blogspot.com/...misu-gf-v.html
      I tried tumeric milk with honey for the first time a few days ago. Alhumdulillah it did not taste unpleasant like I expected it too.

Comment

When I get sick, I usually lose my appetite and drink a lot of warm tea or hot ginger tea.Very rarely when I want to eat, but usually the maximum that I eat is chicken broth.

Comment

I found this about broth. Chicken broth works for me as well as chicken soup when I am ill or feel down.

Aishah narrated: "Whenever one of the wives of the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) became (feverishly) ill, he would order that some broth be prepared. Then he would tell them to take some of the broth. And he would say: 'It firms the heart of the grieved, and it rids the worries from the heart of the ill just as one of you removes dirt from her face with water." (Jami at-Tirmidhi)
          He has created man from a sperm-drop; and behold this same (man) becomes an open disputer! (16:4)

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
            Walaykum salam,

It depends on why I'm ill. If I feel a bit nauseous then I need lemon or lime to help take that feeling away. If I'm ill with a cold or flu, then I also lose my appetite so don't feel like having full meals but I need something light, so then we make a simple thai style chicken soup and it's very good for soothing colds. I used to boil noodles in it to make it into chicken noodle soup and it was REALLY amazing and delicious, but now that I can no longer have gluten so I don't do that anymore. It looks like a simple dish but it's very nice. Here's an old pic I have of the last time I had it with noodles *reminisces
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0069.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	469.3 KB
ID:	12594430
            That looks pretty woke.

Comment

Originally posted by Abisali View Post
              I crave freekeh - which is basically chicken soup with cracked wheat (bulgur) and bread. I also crave juice as well, orange or cranberry.
              Meow.

Comment

Just a hot bowl of Indo mie noodles
                :shahadah:

Comment

Working...
                X