An apple a day keeps the doctor away

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An apple a day keeps the doctor away

That's not quite true. Eating apples hasn't been proven to repel doctors.

Figure of speech. It means eat healthy and you won't find yourself having health issues down the road. And why is this in a the marriage section?
    The Prophet s.a.a.w warned when he said: "You will surely follow the ways of those who came before you, in exactly the same fashion, to the point were they to enter the hole of a lizard, you too would enter it." It was asked of him, "O Messenger of Allah s.a.a.w., do you mean the Jews and Christians?" He replied, "Who else?" (Bukhari and Muslim)

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post
      Figure of speech. It means eat healthy and you won't find yourself having health issues down the road. And why is this in a the marriage section?
      -_-

Comment

Try apple cider vinegar, that is more concentrated medicine
        لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post
          Yes, but you could eat healthy, be active, yet still have health issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Islam3333 View Post
            Try apple cider vinegar, that is more concentrated medicine
            I was a big fan of this - but I think it damages your teeth even if you drink it via a straw.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
              I think a garlic clove a day, will keep the cold away.

Comment

An Abu 'Abdullaah a day keeps the trolls away.
                You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

*throws apple at doctor*

Comment

When you become the ones you scoff at...
                    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Quit trolling.

Many doctors themselves eat apples so why would they stay away just because one has apple breath?

Also garlic has not been proven to keep vampires away either. Vampires do not exist so how could you possibly test garlic as a repellent in this case?

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post

Quit trolling.

Many doctors themselves eat apples so why would they stay away just because one has apple breath?

Also garlic has not been proven to keep vampires away either. Vampires do not exist so how could you possibly test garlic as a repellent in this case?
                        I wonder how many other food based myths there are.

Does a spoonful of sugar really help the medicine go down? I'm sceptical.

Comment

I wonder how many other food based myths there are.

Does a spoonful of sugar really help the medicine go down? I'm sceptical.
                          Well I have heard that you should take things with a pinch of salt if you do not trust the food, but I do not know what effect it is supposed to have.

Truffle oil however is supposedly very good for your health.

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post

Well I have heard that you should take things with a pinch of salt if you do not trust the food, but I do not know what effect it is supposed to have.

Truffle oil however is supposedly very good for your health.
                            What do you do when life gives you lemons?

Comment

What do you do when life gives you lemons?
                              Add a little honey and bob’s your uncle!

If you do not believe me, you will find the proof in the pudding.

Comment

Working...
                              X