Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medicinal Cannabis now being prescribed by consultants in the UK (Quick Question)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Medicinal Cannabis now being prescribed by consultants in the UK (Quick Question)

    In the UK from today. You are able to get on prescriptions. Issued by a consultant. Cannabis in three forms. In its natural state, as resin or as cannabidiol.

    https://news.sky.com/story/medicinal...ption-11541519

    warning uncovered women

    so my question is if you have an illness and the doctor gives you the go ahead to have medicinal cannabis, is it permissible in islam to have it?
    “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
    they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

  • #2
    It's not a blanket ruling. You have to seek advice specific to your ailment.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
      It's not a blanket ruling. You have to seek advice specific to your ailment.
      say for arguement sake say the ailment falls into the criteria for a doctor to give madicinal cannabis would be permissible in islam to have it?
      “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
      they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

        say for arguement sake say the ailment falls into the criteria for a doctor to give madicinal cannabis would be permissible in islam to have it?
        Not necessarily.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

          Not necessarily.
          how comes?
          “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
          they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

            how comes?
            It may be used to treat something that can otherwise be overcome and even prevented by making lifestyle changes.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

              It may be used to treat something that can otherwise be overcome and even prevented by making lifestyle changes.
              true....but that could be said about most medicines too

              you know they say 'prevention is better then cure'
              “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
              they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

              Comment


              • #8
                its really not necessary
                if they wanted to they could extract thc or cbd the actual compounds that will helo the person without smoking weed

                its useless as a painkiller compared to paracetamol or nsaids such as ibuprofen codein morphine

                its only good for reducing epileptic siezures but even then most people respond to anti epileptic medicine

                its more of a money scheme
                reduce drug dealers making money and crime
                and government make money off weed

                even though its controlled now eventually they will try to fully legalise it

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

                  true....but that could be said about most medicines too

                  you know they say 'prevention is better then cure'
                  Well, yes...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                    its really not necessary
                    if they wanted to they could extract thc or cbd the actual compounds that will helo the person without smoking weed

                    its useless as a painkiller compared to paracetamol or nsaids such as ibuprofen codein morphine

                    its only good for reducing epileptic siezures but even then most people respond to anti epileptic medicine

                    its more of a money scheme
                    reduce drug dealers making money and crime
                    and government make money off weed

                    even though its controlled now eventually they will try to fully legalise it
                    actually its meant to be a really good painkiller, a lot of people with arthritis claim it helps them better then painkillers
                    “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
                    they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I was always curious what the laws were in the UK regarding marijuana.

                      They've recently legalized it where I'm at. It never really made sense for them to permit alcohol and yet prohibit marijuana.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                        In the UK from today. You are able to get on prescriptions. Issued by a consultant. Cannabis in three forms. In its natural state, as resin or as cannabidiol.

                        https://news.sky.com/story/medicinal...ption-11541519

                        warning uncovered women

                        so my question is if you have an illness and the doctor gives you the go ahead to have medicinal cannabis, is it permissible in islam to have it?
                        How can you pray while you are intoxicated? Or would it be smoked before going to sleep?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
                          I was always curious what the laws were in the UK regarding marijuana.

                          They've recently legalized it where I'm at. It never really made sense for them to permit alcohol and yet prohibit marijuana.
                          where you from?
                          “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
                          they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post

                            How can you pray while you are intoxicated? Or would it be smoked before going to sleep?
                            no idea but i think cannabis can be used for good effect depends on the illness that a person has
                            “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
                            they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

                              where you from?
                              Drake's hometown, remember? -_-

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X