No announcement yet.

Food blunders - Blunders in radical diets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. Just as "low fat" was a terrible fad in the 1980s that made people more unhealthy, I have reason to believe this push towards "high protein" is a fad as well and high intake of meat protein increases the risk of kidney stones. You only need extra protein if you're a body builder and trying to build up muscles in conjunction with proper exercise. For the rest of us, a balanced diet that includes a small portion of protein (could be meat or beans/lentils etc) is fine.

I'm not sure what the deal is where low carb is concerned. I've heard some diabetics benefit from lowering their carb intake and some have found it helps aid weight loss so maybe in some situations it can help but I don't think it necessarily suits everyone.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
      I agree. Just as "low fat" was a terrible fad in the 1980s that made people more unhealthy, I have reason to believe this push towards "high protein" is a fad as well and high intake of meat protein increases the risk of kidney stones. You only need extra protein if you're a body builder and trying to build up muscles in conjunction with proper exercise. For the rest of us, a balanced diet that includes a small portion of protein (could be meat or beans/lentils etc) is fine.

I'm not sure what the deal is where low carb is concerned. I've heard some diabetics benefit from lowering their carb intake and some have found it helps aid weight loss so maybe in some situations it can help but I don't think it necessarily suits everyone.
      Do you mean the Atkins Diet?

I remember that being all the rage - years ago.

Low carb is supposed to be good for people with diabetes, as starchy/carb foods like potatoes, pasta, chapattis etc can spike insulin levels.

Comment

I've been looking into the Vegan lifestyle. No dairy, meat, eggs or chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
          No fun either
          What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked Allah for yesterday?

We worry about tomorrow as if its guaranteed

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

No fun either
            No ... it doesn't seem so.

I'm not fond of Almond milk.

Comment

I was vegan for a short while but I found it so difficult. I think itís good to go vegan for a detox.
              https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

I was vegan for a short while but I found it so difficult. I think itís good to go vegan for a detox.
                Yeah. Vegan is good for detox.

I probably couldn't do it. I like milk and eggs.

Comment

I guess atkins is one type of low carb diet but not the only type.¬* These days keto seems to be all the rage (or else paleo) and although keto can help improve certain medical conditions such as epilepsy and is good for short term weight loss, but in the long term it's not necessarily healthy or suitable for everyone. ¬*

I wanted to go low carb when I heard there are some benefits to it but it made me feel so awful that I couldn't pull it off.¬* Afterwards I found out that low carb isn't suitable for people with certain hormone issues which I strongly suspect I have so I eat a lot of carbs. ¬*

I couldn't go vegan because a lot of vegan foods just don't suit me.¬* For health reasons, I have to avoid wheat and corn, my stomach doesn't tolerate most types of beans/pulses and my skin doesn't tolerate nuts (and most seeds) and they're the main staples of a vegan diet.¬* I also have an intolerance to some types of veg and over 90% of fruits so that doesn't leave me with many options.¬* I eat organic halal meat and have recently cut out most dairy products just to see if it makes any difference.¬* So that's why my diet is mostly carbs and meat and probably one or two portions of fruit/veg a day.

Do you mean the Atkins Diet?

I remember that being all the rage - years ago.

Low carb is supposed to be good for people with diabetes, as starchy/carb foods like potatoes, pasta, chapattis etc can spike insulin levels.

¬*

Comment

Vitamin c diet

Very popular as it consists of coffee and cigarettes but has the downside of giving you cancer

Breakfast favorite
                    What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked Allah for yesterday?

We worry about tomorrow as if its guaranteed

Comment

Vitamin c diet

Very popular as it consists of coffee and cigarettes but has the downside of giving you cancer

Breakfast favorite
                      vitamin s diet

sugar and salt¬*

thats all my eating habits, day and night lol

working on changing that. after my grandma died my appetite mysteriously slowed down.
                      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Vitamin c diet

Breakfast favorite
                        Try IF - it should help you control your caffeine and nicotine intake.

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

vitamin s diet

sugar and salt¬*

thats all my eating habits, day and night lol

working on changing that. after my grandma died my appetite mysteriously slowed down.
                          I can't multi quote or tag - but you too Sister Laila.

(Message me if you need support)... but you can definitely achieve any goals you set yourself, by the Will of Allaah.

Try IF.

Comment

I can't multi quote or tag - but you too Sister Laila.

(Message me if you need support)... but you can definitely achieve any goals you set yourself, by the Will of Allaah.

Try IF.
                            What is IF sis
                            وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

What is IF sis

Comment

Intermittent fasting.¬* It's also known as the 5:2 diet when people fast two days a week and then pretty much eat what they want the other 5 days.

What is IF sis
                                ¬*

Comment

Working...
                                X