• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aynina View Post

Oh thats nice i didnt know
    Um... I told you about IF months ago :-/

Comment

• Originally posted by abufulaans View Post

I agree, which is why i still have 1 scoop a day, the problem is that the protein isn't used by the body as effectively.

A study was done showing that casien is definitely more effective than whey.

I would say real food is even better than casien powder.

This is ignoring all the other rubbish they put into that protein powder stuff aswell.
      What's the source for whey protein not being used by the body as effectively? Obviously whole foods have a lot more micro nutrients than whey, but in regards to macros, what's the difference between the two?

Real food is obviously better overall but protein powder is meant to be a supplement, not a substitute to food.

Comment

The video abufulaans shared was so eye opening..

i had brown bread and an egg for breakfast, soup at work, ramen for lunch and now I'm having a pomelo fruit to finish my day off and i want to do an intermittent fast from 3 pm until 5 am tomorrowmorning

i wanted to simply have soup from work as lunch but the soup was so bad today :(
        Lets hope someone is finally right.

There is a lot of conflicting information nowadays.
        ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

• Fakhri
          Fakhri commented
          Editing a comment
          People are out to push their own content and make their money. Far too much of it goes on in this Health/Fitness/Bodybuilding/Training scene.

A part of it is that one thing may work for some but not for others, but too many conflicting views and seemingly disingenuous people involved. Personally, I stopped paying too much attention to most of it a long time ago.

• abufulaans
          abufulaans commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree, but this IF does have some scientific basis to it. Then there is the people who strictly tried it, I have put some examples in the thread.

• Originally posted by Poster View Post

What's the source for whey protein not being used by the body as effectively? Obviously whole foods have a lot more micro nutrients than whey, but in regards to macros, what's the difference between the two?

Real food is obviously better overall but protein powder is meant to be a supplement, not a substitute to food.
        It didn't give a reason, as far as i remember

I would say it is because it is absorbed too fast, or that the body need a mixture of both for it to be most effective

I'm not sure tbh.

I think whey and casien themselves can be of different quality depending on what they are derived from aswell.
        ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Um... I told you about IF months ago :-/
          Yeah i kinda vaguely remember, sorry sis i think i didn't look into it, right now im having some health issues and whenever that happens its like the inignorable sign that i must change... sad it has to come to this
          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

• Can I join on Monday? Please tag me someone! :)

Comment

Yeah i kinda vaguely remember, sorry sis i think i didn't look into it, right now im having some health issues and whenever that happens its like the inignorable sign that i must change... sad it has to come to this
              https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/fa...ittent-fasting

Comment

• Also what happens if I break the no sugar rules? Can someone kindly explain this whole system to me? :D

Comment

• Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                  Can I join on Monday? Please tag me someone! :)
                  Sure sister Laila :-)

I can't tag members, but I'll quote you In Sha Allaah.

Comment

Also what happens if I break the no sugar rules? Can someone kindly explain this whole system to me? :D
                  The goal varies for each individual. The idea is to improve our eating habits by reducing our sugar intake.

So no cakes, biscuits, drinks, chocolates, icecream etc - The usual sugary culprits.

If you eat something sugary - no big deal - just continue on as normal. I think some members have "cheat" meals where they have something sweet they like.

I've been substituting the sweet stuff with dates. They taste nice and contain some good nutrients.

You can eat fruits and berries too.

Still up for it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

The goal varies for each individual. The idea is to improve our eating habits by reducing our sugar intake.

So no cakes, biscuits, drinks, chocolates, icecream etc - The usual sugary culprits.

If you eat something sugary - no big deal - just continue on as normal. I think some members have "cheat" meals where they have something sweet they like.

I've been substituting the sweet stuff with dates. They taste nice and contain some good nutrients.

You can eat fruits and berries too.

Still up for it?
                    Yes, I guess though the most difficult for me would be mum's cooking cos she has rice but I could buy quinoa like that pic says

Do you know of any no sugar blogs sis?

Comment

Yes, I guess though the most difficult for me would be mum's cooking cos she has rice but I could buy quinoa like that pic says

Do you know of any no sugar blogs sis?
                      I'll PM you some links In Sha Allaah.

Starting tomorrow - Week Four.

Comment

• this takes serious commitment, i wouldnt be able to do it

Comment

• Indefinable
                          Indefinable commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You shou!d try ...

• Simply_Logical
                          Simply_Logical commented
                          Editing a comment
                          im not strong enough, sugar is my weakness

• Indefinable
                          Indefinable commented
                          Editing a comment
                          All the more reason to give it a go In Sha Allaah.

• As salamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

If someone's actually sticking to consuming no sugar, can they please tell us what they're having for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack times?
                        And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. - سورة الطلاق : 3

Comment

• Indefinable
                          Indefinable commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Wa alaikum assalaam wa rahmatullaah,

I don't have breakfast or snacks. Just eat vegetable curries with millet/corn flour chapattis. Dates... Fruit sometimes. Have been eating boiled rice too.

• I think someone mentioned cacao in here?
                        We used to have cacao+honey+milk drink sometimes - tastes much better than shop-bought hot chocolate.
                        HOWEVER, recently a sister informed me of a 'for and against' thing happening regarding cacao, and the against-ers are saying it's toxic and even animals stay away from it.
                        We decided to go with the against-ers as a sister and I realised that, that's probably why when we had this beverage/drink a few times... (how to say this)... it seemed the body wanted to get it out... ! Alhamdulillah. And so we've stopped using cacao.

Thinking, maybe it's better to use the well known cocoa instead in sha Allah. It basically tastes the same.

For those who like hot chocolate, instead of having the ready-mixed-sugar-filled shop ones - (and sometimes those have unpleasant tastes/after-tastes) - maybe try cocoa, sweetened with honey, and milk, in sha Allah.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X