"No Sugar" - Week 2 & Beyond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 4 of 40. Alhamdulillaah.
    ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

• We had so many chocolate boxes, mithai and cakes/biscuits that people gave. I gave away the ones that were given a day or two before eid to other people. Some will come in handy for next eid in a few months inshaAllah. Just got to remember who gave what so people don't get back what they gave.

Comment

• We used to redistribute chocolate and mithai gifts in our house. I mean we'd keep a bit for ourselves but we don't eat that much sweet stuff so the rest would go to my brother's kids or to other friends. Eventually we reached a point where mum told a friend off for bringing round a box of chocolates and reminded her that she's diabetic, so people rarely send us such things.

I've been experimenting with finding nice recipes that don't require sugar. I can't remember if I mentioned this before but discovered a lovely banana pancake recipe that's sugar free but still tastes sweet and quite nice. Would really like to find more along those lines. There's a banana cake recipe I'd like to try as well.
        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• I had a cheat weekend last Thursday and Friday. I didn't have much difficulty going back on the diet on Saturday, but the weight loss plateaued until today. One meal was a steak and pasta dinner and honestly, I would have been happy with just the pasta. After a month of no red meat, it wasn't that exciting when I ate it.

Giving up sugar again wasn't too terrible. I had cravings for french toast, waffles and cake for two days but they've diminished and I can sate my sweet tooth with diet drinks and fruit. Next step is to give up diet drinks and stick to water and lemonade.

Comment

• Day 6 of 40. Alhamdulillaah.
            (Have a couple of my brothers on board this time as well, forgot to mention.)

Comment

• started cutting down on the fizzy drinks Alhamdulillah Allahumma Bareek getting there just got be patient in sha Allah

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
                Day 6 of 40. Alhamdulillaah.
                (Have a couple of my brothers on board this time as well, forgot to mention.)
                It really helps when others in the family/household are on board, I find it is much easier.

Comment

• Day 9 of 40. Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• Asalamu alakum

I have recently been on a low fat and low cholesterol diet, but I have been making attempts to not eat sugar as well. It's been just over a week. I'm not off sugar but I guess I just didn't get around to eating it in a while. That's a total win for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abisali View Post
                      I had a cheat weekend last Thursday and Friday. I didn't have much difficulty going back on the diet on Saturday, but the weight loss plateaued until today. One meal was a steak and pasta dinner and honestly, I would have been happy with just the pasta. After a month of no red meat, it wasn't that exciting when I ate it.

Giving up sugar again wasn't too terrible. I had cravings for french toast, waffles and cake for two days but they've diminished and I can sate my sweet tooth with diet drinks and fruit. Next step is to give up diet drinks and stick to water and lemonade.
                      Mash Allah, I hope you can keep it up

When I get a craving I don't have the will power to avoid it, I have to have it to make me feel happy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Mash Allah, I hope you can keep it up

When I get a craving I don't have the will power to avoid it, I have to have it to make me feel happy
                        I used to be that way. Food was comfort and entertainment for me. I didn't have much going for me in life and when I was bored or lonely, I turned to eating while watching movies and shows. I finally made the realization that it is an addiction and that it can be fixed. I just have to be patient and not go overboard. Its why I give myself a cheat weekend every month and eat what I want during those two days.

Comment

• Day 17 of 40.

Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• Day 18 of 40.
                            Alhamdulillaah.

Treading the sugar-less path alone, now. Both of my brothers have deserted. :|

One on day 16 and the other on day 15. Was a decent effort from them. They wrestled valiantly with the giant Crunchy Ice creams and won but it was the intrigue of tasting the butterkist Toffee ones that got them in the end.

Ah well...

Comment

• Day 24 of 40. Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• Day 27* of 40.

Alhamdulillaah.

(bit into something last night thinking it had no sugar. Finished it to avoid waste.)

​​​​​

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X