No announcement yet.

"No Sugar" - Week 2 & Beyond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This means you'll start Ramadan sugar free as well. I don't know how you do it. On average days I'm fine with a very low amount of sugar such as maybe a third of a teaspoon of honey in my tea and that's it- but on bad days or when I feel weaker (and fasting is one of those times), there are days when I don't think I could get up without that extra boost of caffeine and sugar and that's when the precautions go out the window. I'd like to think those bad days are rarer or try to find alternatives, but so far not managed to cut the sugar intake in a permanent manner.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Day 90 of 100. Alhamdulillaah.
      ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
        This means you'll start Ramadan sugar free as well. I don't know how you do it. On average days I'm fine with a very low amount of sugar such as maybe a third of a teaspoon of honey in my tea and that's it- but on bad days or when I feel weaker (and fasting is one of those times), there are days when I don't think I could get up without that extra boost of caffeine and sugar and that's when the precautions go out the window. I'd like to think those bad days are rarer or try to find alternatives, but so far not managed to cut the sugar intake in a permanent manner.
        I haven't really been as strict as sister's self in many ways.

Yeah, I remember last Ramadhan, or the one one before it might have been when it was really hot, we were regularly coming home after taraaweeh and reaching straight into the freezer to grab ice-creams... badly needing that sugar.
        ​​​

Comment

• Day 92 of 100. Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• Have been unsuccessful once again. Wanted to cut my caffeine intake down (I put honey in my tea) so two days ago only had a half cup of tea instead of a full cup (so I put less honey in). Then yesterday I had a really severe headache- not entirely sure why but might have been caffeine withdrawal and as you know, with the migraines and really bad headaches, I seem to really need something sweet to help get rid of it. Occasionally a banana would do the trick but when it's really bad then it needs to be chocolate or something so I had one of my gluten free chocolate bars. Feel a little disappointed that this is the sort of thing that happens when I really try.
            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Day 94 of 100. Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• Day 96 of 100. Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• Day 97 of 100. Alhamdulillaah.
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
                    Day 97 of 100. Alhamdulillaah.
                    ​​​​​​
                    Please treat yourself to some halal haribos on day 101. You deserve it!
                    https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

• #952 Says I was on 96 '2 days ago'
                      ... Which means... I'm actually on day 98 of 100.

Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

Please treat yourself to some halal haribos on day 101. You deserve it!
                        Halal, sugar-free, you mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
                          #952 Says I was on 96 '2 days ago'
                          ... Which means... I'm actually on day 98 of 100.

Alhamdulillaah.
                          Congrats on achieving your 100 days Ma Sha Allaah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Halal, sugar-free, you mean?

Of course

Not!
                            https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

• A few weeks ago there was a really an overload of chocolates and cakes and chocolate biscuits and those chocolate wafer things (no idea what their called), etc in the kitchen. Not going to lie (not that I'm in the habit of lying anyway), but I actually felt a few times like having a few of those and if it weren't for this thread and saying I'd be making it to 100 days (insha'Allah), I would have.

Alhamdulillaah, not really feeling any sort of urge to eat those things since Ramadhan. I'll probably go a couple of weeks off this, though, buy a few things to have during iftar with the family, and then get back on, insha'Allah.

Comment

• Alhamdulillaah. On day 100 of 100.

​​​​​​

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X