Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indefinable
    replied
    Brother Zi-zizou - you can blame the individual for lack of self restraint, if it makes you feel good.

But it can't be denied that "sugar" is addictive and is added to almost everything available. Most of society is conditioned to turn to sweet things. And it takes time and effort and a strong will to get rid of years of this "conditioning".

Recently there was a petition to get the sugary foods off of the aisles near the tills in the supermarket. This is because, by placing them there - customers were more prone to buying them (subconconsciously). Therefore their consumption of sugar intake would increase.

Also - in times of celebration or sadness - we are "told" to eat something sweet.

Perhaps there is a worldwide conspiracy - Keep one half of the population dependent on the obviously harmful substances like cocaine, etc, and the other half dependent on the hidden drug, like sugar(?)

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    commented on 's reply
    Self control or self harm?

• zi-zizou
    commented on 's reply
    :-(

What you are saying is that when you have had it so easy for so long it's not easy to go cold turkey. I understand bro.

• AbuNajm
    replied
    Since the beginning of August, I've lost 10 kilos by not eating added sugar or flour. I can eat anything else I want in any quantity, even dairy.

I try to walk at least a mile or two a day as well. I've been injured for the past 3 weeks so I can't exercise, but I found even just walking helps up the metabolism and burn off calories.

Individual body chemistry determines a lot of how we react to diet and changes to it. Sugar and caffeine are highly addictive for me. If I don't have the same amount every day at the same hour, then I get bad headaches.

The no sugar, no flour diet really works. I'm sleeping better, losing weight and feeling less tired throughout the day.

Al-Hamdu li-Llahi.

Leave a comment:

• ZeeshanParvez
    replied
    It sure is tempting to jump on the bandwagon especially given that I have had a very good past record for not even coming close to sugar and recently I have found myself losing interest in my chocolate ice creams....

I guess when I finish my next batch of five Ill join as well in shaa Allah.

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri
    commented on 's reply
    Even though I can maybe see why you would be making these comments, I have to say it's a little bit unfair br Zi-zizou... if we eat a certain way for a very long time, is it really quite as easy as just saying no? There are other things going on as well for a lot of people and we're not all strong and weak in the same ways.

(Thinking of people close to me who have or have had a very difficult time trying to clean up their diets over the years but keep regressing after putting in so much effort.)
    Last edited by Fakhri; 21-09-18, 11:12 PM.

• Indefinable
    replied
    Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

Just trying to keep it real sister definable. You are all fully grown adults behaving like little kids unable to say no when offered some candy.

Empty your pockets of money, you will quickly learn what is important to eat and what is not.
    Some people struggle with self-control. You don't need to be so ... discourteous.

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied
    Originally posted by aynina View Post

A puffy cake
    You know what they say..."puffy cake = puffy cheeks".

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied
    Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
    Br Zi-zizou - Can you stop being so negative please?

(We're all trying).
    Just trying to keep it real sister definable. You are all fully grown adults behaving like little kids unable to say no when offered some candy.

Empty your pockets of money, you will quickly learn what is important to eat and what is not.

Leave a comment:

• aynina
    replied
    Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

What is "maandazi"?
    A puffy cake

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Originally posted by aynina View Post
    Tonight i will eat some processed breaded stuffed chicken. And i took a piece of maandazi from the freezer which i will eat with some butter and brown (sugar)
    What is "maandazi"?

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
    I had hot chocolate and a cookie today :/
    When you go to the supermarket make sure you look at the lowest sugar content on the product. Then buy that.
    Last edited by Indefinable; 21-09-18, 06:53 PM. Reason: Silly phone.

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    commented on 's reply
    It was a mix of white, brown and dark..so not so healthy. Yh dark chocolate is healthier, but it is also more bitter ..

• aynina
    commented on 's reply
    You know chocolate can be healthy for us, if you eat 70%+ chocolate, but it takes some time to adjust your tastebuds to that

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied
    I had hot chocolate and a cookie today :/

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X