"No Sugar" - Week 2 & Beyond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On day 22, Alhamdulillaah.
    ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

• Alhamdulillaah. On day 23.

Going well.

Sr aelmo - Don't go disappearing on us. Keep telling us all. It's like magic. Keep posting and it keeps giving the motivation to continue. 👍

Sr Umm Uthmaan - Sti on board?

Sr Ya'sin

Sr Indefinable

Anyone else?

​​​​​​​(Tagging all these sisters... Where are all you brothers?! I feel like I'm in some all-females dieting club or something! With pink walls and flowers and scented candles or whatever else they might have in a room.)
      ​​​​​​​
      Last edited by Fakhri-bin-Ali; 23-11-21, 03:47 AM.

Comment

• Jazaak'Allah khayr for the reminder!!

I would simply like ur post, but u don't want likes..

Comment

• Day 27 Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• Day 28 Alhamdulillaah.
            Going to plan.

Hope everyone's keeping up with their own targets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
              Day 28 Alhamdulillaah.
              Going to plan.

Hope everyone's keeping up with their own targets.
              Do you eat honey?

Comment

• Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

Do you eat honey?
                Earlier on I did have the actual unprocessed kind but it wasn't very often.

I get by with fruit. Mostly grapes, if I ever feel like eating anything sweet.

Comment

• I have a naughty habit when I go out shopping which is to buy myself a treat. It's so rare for me to go out that if I come home without some comforting treat then my trip can sometimes be tinged with disappointment. Last time I went out I was thinking I feel like getting something sweet, I wish there was something I could get that's really small and treat sized so it satisfies my feeling that I brought home a treat but without getting anything big or overboard. Within hindsight maybe I should've considered a finger of fudge or freddo or something lol. Since reducing my sugar intake, I've tried to normally get savoury treats but today I was naughty and had pain aux raisins.
                  The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Day 32

Alhamdulillaah.

Hope we're all keeping up, but I have to say... I am getting a nagging feeling (which I hope very much I'm wrong about!) that the dastardly Pumpkin Spice Lattes may quite possibly have caught up with one or two of us(!)?

Sr aelmo

Comment

• I've been dairy free not sugar free for a week

Comment

• Alright

Can anyone suggest a good quality monk fruit sugar thing
                        Something reasonably priced

I've been having fake honey in my tea (the supermarket standard honey that is not pure)

I want to start trying something else in Sha Allah
                        I've had maple syrup but I think it's too high in sugar isn't it, someone correct me

Thanks everyone 😊

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Sr neelu ^ ?

​​​​​​Day 36.
                          ​​​​​​Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• I've never tried monk sugar and don't know anything about it. Sometimes I notice vids abt it in my youtube recommendations but haven't checked them out yet.

I personally like maple syrup cos it tastes great, it's natural and organic and apparently it's meant to be good for my condition, but at the same time, because I'm prediabetic, I worry that it can still push up blood sugars so I'm afraid of it and would only use it occasionally and very sparingly. In tea I use proper honey, in my case sidr honey for health and sunnah reasons and I presume it's not as bad as sugar for the blood sugars (I wouldn't have tea or coffee unsweetened, don't trust artificial sweeteners and only occasionally use stevia in coffee but not in tea).

I don't know enough on monk fruit to comment on that but I'd suggest maybe getting real honey.
                            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
                              Day 32

Alhamdulillaah.

Hope we're all keeping up, but I have to say... I am getting a nagging feeling (which I hope very much I'm wrong about!) that the dastardly Pumpkin Spice Lattes may quite possibly have caught up with one or two of us(!)?

Sr aelmo
                              didn't you hear? pumpkin spice is out and toffee nut is in!

I made it to 28 days and then my kids had the national day celebration and got those little donut things that I told myself If they were available, I would eat them despite the sugar. I wasn't to great these past few days after that but I am picking it up again.

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post

didn't you hear? pumpkin spice is out and toffee nut is in!

I made it to 28 days and then my kids had the national day celebration and got those little donut things that I told myself If they were available, I would eat them despite the sugar. I wasn't to great these past few days after that but I am picking it up again.

Okay... That's 28 days of detox for the body.
                                inshaa'Allah, the more frequently, the better!

Hop back on whenever ready, sister - hopefully with not too big a break. 👍
                                ​​​​​
                                ​​​​​​

--------------
                                Day 37 Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X