• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aynina
    replied
    Originally posted by abufulaans View Post

People have reported some long term side effects due to doing it too long

The body is basically in some sort of starvation mode, something that it cannot handle for long periods of time without damage.

The dietis in no way natural aswell, you cannot even go and eat honey and dates which is sunnah. It is not a way to live.
    I have a condition that i only see solved when im on keto

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    commented on 's reply
    Would you be interested in the Couch2 5k running program?

• zi-zizou
    replied

The body is basically in some sort of starvation mode, something that it cannot handle for long periods of time without damage.

The dietis in no way natural aswell, you cannot even go and eat honey and dates which is sunnah. It is not a way to live.
    Why because you are reducing (not removing completely) your carb intake?

How much honey and dates do you want to eat?

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied

It is possible to lose a stone of just glycogen and water doing keto, he might not even had lost any fat tbf.

Losing water weight is absolutely pointless, infact it is counter productive.
    I drink more water than I have ever done. That was even before the change in what I eat.

If you stick with it over time it has lasting effects.

Leave a comment:

• abufulaans
    replied
    Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Wow. That's a whole stone. In three weeks? That's pretty good.

What do you eat? Your wife does it too (iirc). It must be easier to change eating habits together.

I don't feel like going full-keto. I need roti. I've been eating corn flour and millet flour, and they taste nice. Alhamdulillaah.

It is possible to lose a stone of just glycogen and water doing keto, he might not even had lost any fat tbf.

Losing water weight is absolutely pointless, infact it is counter productive.

Leave a comment:

• abufulaans
    replied
    Originally posted by aynina View Post

Why not?

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    commented on 's reply
    Too much info ukhti

• Umm Uthmaan
    commented on 's reply
    Habibati, I haven't really been on the no sugar diet tbh :/

• aynina
    commented on 's reply
    I shut up because im a wombman
    Last edited by aynina; 04-10-18, 06:43 PM.

• Indefinable
    commented on 's reply
    Wa iyyakum brother.

• Indefinable
    replied
    Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
    Alhamdulillah. It's been going well. I've pretty much lost all interest in eating these types of foods. Still need to be careful in case down the line I allow myself something 'small' because I ''no longer have any desire for them' as that's the type of thinking (imho) which leads to wasting our efforts and back to square one.

Best to keep the door fully closed inshaaAllah.

Alhamdulillah, it's really good to have us brothers and sisters making these efforts to improve.

Jazaa'akumullah khair everyone taking part and and helping keep this going. Baarakallah feek, SR Indefinable. It's been a very useful initiative by the kindness of Allah Ta'aalaa. Alhamdulillah.

(Maybe going forward, inshaaAllah, we can even start other things similar or of a slightly different nature possibly...)
    Yes exactly. A little leads to a lot. And more often.

I was thinking of 'Couch to 5k' which is a 9 week running program.

Not sure how others will feel about it, especially since it's colder here (UK). It can work on a treadmill too. But you only need around 20-25 mins a day for this.

And there are other challenges like the Plank/Squat 30 days challenge. Or the no-Caffeine challenge (something I will probably struggle with).

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

I don't eat that much sugary food often unless it is dessert but where I was I took that out. I reduced my carb intake by having no rice, roti, bread and limited root veg.

Now I eat in the main chicken, eggs, salad, fish. Not had a curry in weeks. I started eating some extra stuff because I don't want to lose too much weight. We wanted to change what we eat so it's easier to digest and better for us.

I'm carrying an injury at the moment but when I recover I will start exercising so it will probably mean I can add in the odd roti here and there.
    I see. Protein keeps a person full for longer.

May Allaah grant you a speed recovery.

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    commented on 's reply
    And yes if you both do the change as a couple it's much easier.

• zi-zizou
    replied
    Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Wow. That's a whole stone. In three weeks? That's pretty good.

What do you eat? Your wife does it too (iirc). It must be easier to change eating habits together.

I don't feel like going full-keto. I need roti. I've been eating corn flour and millet flour, and they taste nice. Alhamdulillaah.

I don't eat that much sugary food often unless it is dessert but where I was I took that out. I reduced my carb intake by having no rice, roti, bread and limited root veg.

Now I eat in the main chicken, eggs, salad, fish. Not had a curry in weeks. I started eating some extra stuff because I don't want to lose too much weight. We wanted to change what we eat so it's easier to digest and better for us.

I'm carrying an injury at the moment but when I recover I will start exercising so it will probably mean I can add in the odd roti here and there.

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri
    commented on 's reply
    Alhamdulillah. Yes, a tiny bit more info than needed from sister but there's a lot enthusiasm coming across from some of the posts which is always nice to see. The weight loss mentioned a few pages ago(?) was excellent, alhamdulillah. Do keep going.

(Allah Ta'aalaa keep us all steadfast.)

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X