Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rahma.
    replied

I think someone mentioned cacao in here?
    We used to have cacao+honey+milk drink sometimes - tastes much better than shop-bought hot chocolate.
    HOWEVER, recently a sister informed me of a 'for and against' thing happening regarding cacao, and the against-ers are saying it's toxic and even animals stay away from it.
    We decided to go with the against-ers as a sister and I realised that, that's probably why when we had this beverage/drink a few times... (how to say this)... it seemed the body wanted to get it out... ! Alhamdulillah. And so we've stopped using cacao.

Thinking, maybe it's better to use the well known cocoa instead in sha Allah. It basically tastes the same.

For those who like hot chocolate, instead of having the ready-mixed-sugar-filled shop ones - (and sometimes those have unpleasant tastes/after-tastes) - maybe try cocoa, sweetened with honey, and milk, in sha Allah.

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    commented on 's reply
    Wa alaikum assalaam wa rahmatullaah,

I don't have breakfast or snacks. Just eat vegetable curries with millet/corn flour chapattis. Dates... Fruit sometimes. Have been eating boiled rice too.

• Muslimah1436
    replied
    As salamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

If someone's actually sticking to consuming no sugar, can they please tell us what they're having for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack times?

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    commented on 's reply
    All the more reason to give it a go In Sha Allaah.

• Simply_Logical
    commented on 's reply
    im not strong enough, sugar is my weakness

• Indefinable
    commented on 's reply
    You shou!d try ...

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    this takes serious commitment, i wouldnt be able to do it

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

Yes, I guess though the most difficult for me would be mum's cooking cos she has rice but I could buy quinoa like that pic says

Do you know of any no sugar blogs sis?
    I'll PM you some links In Sha Allaah.

Starting tomorrow - Week Four.

Leave a comment:

• abufulaans
    commented on 's reply
    I agree, but this IF does have some scientific basis to it. Then there is the people who strictly tried it, I have put some examples in the thread.

• Fakhri
    commented on 's reply
    People are out to push their own content and make their money. Far too much of it goes on in this Health/Fitness/Bodybuilding/Training scene.

A part of it is that one thing may work for some but not for others, but too many conflicting views and seemingly disingenuous people involved. Personally, I stopped paying too much attention to most of it a long time ago.

• LailaTheMuslim
    replied
    Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

The goal varies for each individual. The idea is to improve our eating habits by reducing our sugar intake.

So no cakes, biscuits, drinks, chocolates, icecream etc - The usual sugary culprits.

If you eat something sugary - no big deal - just continue on as normal. I think some members have "cheat" meals where they have something sweet they like.

I've been substituting the sweet stuff with dates. They taste nice and contain some good nutrients.

You can eat fruits and berries too.

Still up for it?
    Yes, I guess though the most difficult for me would be mum's cooking cos she has rice but I could buy quinoa like that pic says

Do you know of any no sugar blogs sis?

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Also what happens if I break the no sugar rules? Can someone kindly explain this whole system to me? :D
    The goal varies for each individual. The idea is to improve our eating habits by reducing our sugar intake.

So no cakes, biscuits, drinks, chocolates, icecream etc - The usual sugary culprits.

If you eat something sugary - no big deal - just continue on as normal. I think some members have "cheat" meals where they have something sweet they like.

I've been substituting the sweet stuff with dates. They taste nice and contain some good nutrients.

You can eat fruits and berries too.

Still up for it?

Leave a comment:

• LailaTheMuslim
    commented on 's reply
    Jazakallah Khair sis

• Indefinable
    replied
    Can I join on Monday? Please tag me someone! :)
    Sure sister Laila :-)

I can't tag members, but I'll quote you In Sha Allaah.

Leave a comment:

• LailaTheMuslim
    replied
    Also what happens if I break the no sugar rules? Can someone kindly explain this whole system to me? :D

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X