"No Sugar" - Week 2 & Beyond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 8.

yesterday I realize I had ketchup (which I’m pretty sure had sugar in it) but I’m gonna let it slide. I’ll try to stay away but my primary objective is to stay away from sweets and dessert. The little bit of sugar in ketchup is something I can look past.

today is fine so far.

Comment

• Day 9.

I am starting to see the results that I want to by doing this challenge. Motivation to keep going 😁

Comment

• Day 9 done, pretty much. Alhamdulillaah
        ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

• On day 12. Alhamdulillaah, going well.

Comment

• I'm completely failing at the low sugar thing atm. My brother bought us some fudge from bakewell and it's so delicious and moreish- I've only had about a teaspoon per day but still I know I probably shouldn't. I've been low sugar a long time that I thought I'd find that sort of thing too sickly sweet but actually I didn't. I found it very sweet, but not so sweet that I'd consider it sickly or over the top. From a young age I had a massive sweet tooth, loved jalebis when I was little. As an adult, I developed a bit more sophisticated tastes so no longer liked jalebi and I liked desserts that were not too sweet, balanced with a bit of creaminess or sourness etc. Yet I liked this spoonful of sheer sugary buttery sweetness. Oh dear.
            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Day 12 👍🏻

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
                I'm completely failing at the low sugar thing atm. My brother bought us some fudge from bakewell and it's so delicious and moreish- I've only had about a teaspoon per day but still I know I probably shouldn't. I've been low sugar a long time that I thought I'd find that sort of thing too sickly sweet but actually I didn't. I found it very sweet, but not so sweet that I'd consider it sickly or over the top. From a young age I had a massive sweet tooth, loved jalebis when I was little. As an adult, I developed a bit more sophisticated tastes so no longer liked jalebi and I liked desserts that were not too sweet, balanced with a bit of creaminess or sourness etc. Yet I liked this spoonful of sheer sugary buttery sweetness. Oh dear.
                Sister Neelu, wait a minute(!) We have Sr Yasin's horrible chocolate lovers' thread for all that. Not here as well. This is meant to be a safezone(!!)

Sheer sugary buttery sweetness... :|
                I can already see everyone's mouths watering(!).

If Sr Aelmo or I don't make it to day 14, let's just say we know who's to blame.

-------

On a serious note, Alhamdulillaah, day 12 almost complete.
                Trying to build up my stamina for football as well, so this whole no-sugar thing can't do any harm, inshaa'Allah.

Feeling good, atm. Hope we can all join in in our own ways and add exercise to the mix if possible. Much better when there's a group of us all doing something positive. Alhamdulillaah.
                Last edited by Fakhri-bin-Ali; 12-09-21, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• I need to make my protein bars as I’ve been eating Belvita ones and they are very sweet.

I have noticed if I eat something high in fat, like fried chips or pizza, then I crave something sweet straight after.

I also have some people who tend to fill the fridge with eclairs/donuts/cookies as soon as they realise I’m trying to cut back.

I haven’t been doing as well I should have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
                    I need to make my protein bars as I’ve been eating Belvita ones and they are very sweet.

I have noticed if I eat something high in fat, like fried chips or pizza, then I crave something sweet straight after.

I also have some people who tend to fill the fridge with eclairs/donuts/cookies as soon as they realise I’m trying to cut back.

I have the same issue of needing balance but I make my own healthy snacks to curb the cravings.

I've really been into yogurt with a but up banana melted peanut butter and cocoa nibs these days. Its like my favorite thing to eat when I cant eat sugar.

But since I stopped eating sugar I dont feel the need to balance as much. Yesterday I literally ate an entire bag of popcorn by myself and I didn't immediately want chocolate afterwards. weird.

Comment

• Usually if I eat a lot of sugar, the next day I am completely starving and tend to overeat. Im glad that isn't happening now.

Also day 13 is going well

Comment

• Alhamdulillaah. Day 13 complete.

On day 14.

Keep going, sister aelmo. The challenge is on. Out of us both, don't be the one that bottles it(!)

​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
                          Alhamdulillaah. Day 13 complete.

On day 14.

Keep going, sister aelmo. The challenge is on. Out of us both, don't be the one that bottles it(!)

​​​​​​
                          day 14!

I am already half way there, I can’t give up now.

although the evil side of me was thinking that I should break my streak on the last day. Just to feel disappointed and defeated so that I can push myself more next time. Lol. Sometimes I am amazed with the ideas that come in my head.

I’ll try not to let my self destructive side win. I will complete the 30 days! I spoke it into existence now so it must be completed.

You are more at risk then I am. don’t let the monkeys tempt you!!!!

Comment

• Day 15. Alhamdulillaah.
                            Reporting my first tiny moment of 'temptation' encountered last night after a meal.... Had to lower my gaze 😂 from an open packet of triple chocolate (?) cookies that had been strategically(?) placed where my grapes (they'd run out) normally stay.

(I usually have a couple grapes after a meal but it seems someone had placed a trap there!)

Comment

• Alhamdulillaah. On day 16.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

So shameless!

Per aspera ad astra.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X