"No Sugar" - Week 2 & Beyond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shay5 View Post

I think it's something to do with the weather. When its cold I have more sugary treats. Only way I can justify it.
    Herbal teas with honey are pretty good for the cold weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
      Brother Zi-zizou - you can blame the individual for lack of self restraint, if it makes you feel good.

But it can't be denied that "sugar" is addictive and is added to almost everything available. Most of society is conditioned to turn to sweet things. And it takes time and effort and a strong will to get rid of years of this "conditioning".

Recently there was a petition to get the sugary foods off of the aisles near the tills in the supermarket. This is because, by placing them there - customers were more prone to buying them (subconconsciously). Therefore their consumption of sugar intake would increase.

Also - in times of celebration or sadness - we are "told" to eat something sweet.

Perhaps there is a worldwide conspiracy - Keep one half of the population dependent on the obviously harmful substances like cocaine, etc, and the other half dependent on the hidden drug, like sugar(?)

I do not blame individuals for lack of self restraint because it makes me feel good. I blame them because it is the truth. If you lack control you will go from being dependent on one thing to something else.

The aisle business was more to do with children pestering parents more than anything else. Parents actively harming their own kids by buying them junk. That's poor parenting. Adults are more than capable of going to the supermarkets and buying food with high sugar content. They don't need to wait at the aisles.

It is possible to make your own meals and not add any sugar. However, if you are going out and buying rubbish then own up to it and blame yourself not others. (I'm not referring to you or anyone else here).

Comment

I think it's something to do with the weather. When its cold I have more sugary treats. Only way I can justify it.
        Yeah blame the weather. -_-

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

I do not blame individuals for lack of self restraint because it makes me feel good. I blame them because it is the truth. If you lack control you will go from being dependent on one thing to something else.

The aisle business was more to do with children pestering parents more than anything else. Parents actively harming their own kids by buying them junk. That's poor parenting. Adults are more than capable of going to the supermarkets and buying food with high sugar content. They don't need to wait at the aisles.

It is possible to make your own meals and not add any sugar. However, if you are going out and buying rubbish then own up to it and blame yourself not others. (I'm not referring to you or anyone else here).
          Are you sure? I'm certain the aisle business was about tempting customers to buy sweets and chocolates as the waited. I don't know about the children pestering the parents.

Well, yes. You eat what you buy. Buy healthy - eat healthy. But not everyone has the strength to do that. Otherwise, obesity wouldn't be the epidemic it is today.

Comment

Herbal teas with honey are pretty good for the cold weather.
            So does a mocha ..........yummmmmy
            Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Are you sure? I'm certain the aisle business was about tempting customers to buy sweets and chocolates as the waited. I don't know about the children pestering the parents.

Well, yes. You eat what you buy. Buy healthy - eat healthy. But not everyone has the strength to do that. Otherwise, obesity wouldn't be the epidemic it is today.
              I blame clothing manufacturers that make clothes too big forcing people to eat more. It's a conspiracy. Have you not seen all the big people wear big clothes. That's not a coincidence.

Comment

So does a mocha ..........yummmmmy
                Try this - one teaspoon cacao powder + one teaspoon coffee + honey (or sugar -_-) + dash of milk + boiled water = delicious, hot drink.

Comment

Hope members continue with this for Week 3 In Sha Allaah.

Comment

I wasn't planning to, as I was quite content with my weight, buy I checked the scales yesterday and it seems I've lost a bit of weight since starting this. I suppose it's for the best. Alhamdulillah, I'm just glad it's been a positive for a few other reasons.
                    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                    -------------------------------
                    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

That's pretty healthy. Low carbs, low fat, low sugar. No caffeine.

How do you get your 2500 calories? Vegetables and salad?
                      No way
                      Im not on very low carbs at all

Its almost split even between the three
                      ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

Originally posted by abufulaans View Post

No way
                        Im not on very low carbs at all

Its almost split even between the three
                        I was placed on a high carb, low fat diet after an op I had - some years back - and it wasn't too bad.

But it is better to have all three; protein, fat, carbs - in your diet.

Comment

I ate 2 rafaelos this morning as they were smiling at me
                          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                            I ate 2 rafaelos this morning as they were smiling at me
                            Did they walk into your mouth too?

Comment

Did they walk into your mouth too?
                              No but they begged me lol
                              يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post

No but they begged me lol
                                Lol. Smh.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X