X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fakhri-bin-Ali
    replied
    Originally posted by aelmo View Post

I know that part but do you feel you can’t do cardio workouts as well when you eat sugar?
    I’ve personally not felt that.

anyways day 4 now 🥳🥳🥳
    ​​​My cardio was a lot worse than it is now but I wasn't specifically trying to improve it the way I am at the moment.

​​​​I don't want to be pushing myself to my limits (the way I have been recently) while knowing I'm eating in a way that's damaging my cardiovascular system. Have I personally noticed a difference? It gives me a lot more confidence to force myself through barriers (now and in the past) when I know I'm trying to keep my heart healthy (along with du'aa and reliance on Allah Ta'aalaa, of course.)

​​​​​​Put it this way... do we want to wait till we're busy doing cardio exercises at full intensity when the effects of regularly damaging the heart strike? :|

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post

​​​​​​
    "For 50 years, saturated fat–found in meat, butter, cheese, and many baked goods and fried foods–has been demonized as the no. 1 dietary villain in cardiovascular disease (CVD). Yet decades of research show that sugar is actually even worse for the heart than saturated fat. In fact, a diet high in sugar triples risk for fatal CVD, according to a study published in Progress in Cardiovascular Diseases earlier this year. Excessive sugar intake also raises risk for diabetes, obesity, chronic inflammation and some forms of cancer."

https://baledoneen.com/blog/which-is...-fat-or-sugar/
    I know that part but do you feel you can’t do cardio workouts as well when you eat sugar?
    I’ve personally not felt that.

anyways day 4 now 🥳🥳🥳

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri-bin-Ali
    replied

does eating sugar effect your ability to do cardio?

well day 3 went well. And I actually didn’t get any chocolate for flag day so I didn’t have to be put in a position where I might waver.

​​​​​​
    "For 50 years, saturated fat–found in meat, butter, cheese, and many baked goods and fried foods–has been demonized as the no. 1 dietary villain in cardiovascular disease (CVD). Yet decades of research show that sugar is actually even worse for the heart than saturated fat. In fact, a diet high in sugar triples risk for fatal CVD, according to a study published in Progress in Cardiovascular Diseases earlier this year. Excessive sugar intake also raises risk for diabetes, obesity, chronic inflammation and some forms of cancer."

https://baledoneen.com/blog/which-is...-fat-or-sugar/

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied

On Day 3. Alhamdulillaah.

I was quite a few days into it but took a few liberties and 'stretched' (shall we say) the limits a bit, so I decided to reset on November 1st.

Going to need to stay on this and have cardio in good condition, not just for football but now for something else I've restarted... Otherwise I'll be regularly getting destroyed by people just from pure exhaustion.

--------
    PS, there was a slice of French toast in the kitchen earlier (which definitely had sugar in it) that my hand was hovering over for a little too long. Need to build up the resistance again(!).
    does eating sugar effect your ability to do cardio?

well day 3 went well. And I actually didn’t get any chocolate for flag day so I didn’t have to be put in a position where I might waver.

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri-bin-Ali
    replied
    I don’t want to do this alone ☹️
    On Day 3. Alhamdulillaah.

I was quite a few days into it but took a few liberties and 'stretched' (shall we say) the limits a bit, so I decided to reset on November 1st.

Going to need to stay on this and have cardio in good condition, not just for football but now for something else I've restarted... Otherwise I'll be regularly getting destroyed by people just from pure exhaustion.

--------
    PS, there was a slice of French toast in the kitchen earlier (which definitely had sugar in it) that my hand was hovering over for a little too long. Need to build up the resistance again(!).
    Last edited by Fakhri-bin-Ali; 4 weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    I don’t want to do this alone ☹️

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

I'm literally eating chocolate as I'm typing this

Gonna make good use of the last few hours I have left

WE CAN DO IT!!!!
    How is it going?

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    Tomorrow is flag day and I know there is going to be chocolate. One of the parents already said she is getting stuff 😬

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    Day 2 went well alhamdullilah.

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied

^

Do try, sister. It'd be excellent if sister went on this again... Seems there are other sisters now also starting.

Now we just need a few brothers...
    Yes I started. I’m on day 1 out of I’m not sure yet.

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri-bin-Ali
    replied
    I will start on November 1st inshallah for the foreseeable future. Not just a month this time. I already agreed with my coworker that if there is luqamat on national day here then I will eat them otherwise I will be sugar free.

Eating sugar just makes me look so puffy which makes me feel like I gained weight even though I didn’t and I just hate that.
    ^

Do try, sister. It'd be excellent if sister went on this again... Seems there are other sisters now also starting.

Now we just need a few brothers...

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

WE CAN DO IT!!!!
    Yes
    YOU can do it

You go girl

Don't let me down or else we're both going down, cherish those moments with the beloved

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

I just need some more time to get my life together

WE CAN DO IT!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    I wanna start tomorrow

In sha Allah

Ya'sin will u join me?

I just need some more time to get my life together

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied
    I wanna start tomorrow

In sha Allah

Ya'sin will u join me?

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X