No announcement yet.

"No Sugar" - Week 2 & Beyond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brothers & sisters: neelu Abisali @umm-uthmaan Simply_Logical @creamcake.... All welcome to hop on....see where it takes us inshaa'Allah.

(Sr Indefinable too, of course, though, probably already on board and never got off.)
    ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
      Alhamdulillaah, day 3 complete.

​​​​​​Sr
      aelmo Just don't let this descend into another Fakhri-bin-ali-Bot thread(!). We have too many of those already.
      Ok!

day 3 is done and I’m on day 4

I rejected caramel popcorn yesterday. That takes some real strength.

Comment

• I’m glad you guys are starting again. Wonderful.

I haven’t been completely sugar-free, I allow it in moderation.

I can try and cut back completely In Sha Allaah.

Will post on here if/when I can In Sha Allaah.

Comment

• Alhamdulillaah. Day 4 pretty much complete.
          Now only 130 something to go.

Comment

• Day 5 now. I think I’ve got this, this time around.

yesterday I was tempted to use sweetener which is technically sugar free but I don’t think I should be exposed to the sensation at all, so I didn’t.

Comment

• Yall lieing to yourselves. There is sugar in everything

Comment

• On day 6. Alhamdulillaah.
                Grapes.
                And more grapes.
                ​​​​​

Comment

Brothers & sisters: neelu Abisali @umm-uthmaan Simply_Logical @creamcake.... All welcome to hop on....see where it takes us inshaa'Allah.

(Sr Indefinable too, of course, though, probably already on board and never got off.)
                  I'm going to admit that I failed, miserably. Sugar really is a drug and I'm addicted to it. I am honestly going to try and kick the habit tomorrow. Please check in with me on a weekly basis so I can be encouraged to stick to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abisali View Post

I'm going to admit that I failed, miserably. Sugar really is a drug and I'm addicted to it. I am honestly going to try and kick the habit tomorrow. Please check in with me on a weekly basis so I can be encouraged to stick to it.
                    Alhamdulillaah, keep on, brother. Post here as well, inshaa'Allah, if you can. I know I've said it before but I've found (for myself) it actually does help to give an extra impetus, surprisingly more than expected. I've been on and off it myself, tbh, even though mostly on. If you keep trying, inevitably it should still be more helpful than if not trying at all.

With a bit of regular exercise added, and healthier substitutes, hopefully it'll become something you can maintain and which actually becomes easy / enjoyable instead of a battle.

Comment

Alhamdulillaah, keep on, brother. Post here as well, inshaa'Allah, if you can. I know I've said it before but I've found (for myself) it actually does help to give an extra impetus, surprisingly more than expected. I've been on and off it myself, tbh, even though mostly on. If you keep trying, inevitably it should still be more helpful than if not trying at all.

With a bit of regular exercise added, and healthier substitutes, hopefully it'll become something you can maintain and which actually becomes easy / enjoyable instead of a battle.
                      Thank you for the advice. I'm planning on joining a cheap gym so I can actually start exercising and use their stationary bike. I just have to get over my social anxiety. Even though I fell off of my diet, I am still in the habit of only eating twice a day, rather than 3-5 times a day. I think the biggest problem for me now is giving up caffeine and soda. I got hooked on this delicious Mexican apple soda called Mundet. I can literally drink it all day and not tire of it. I'll suffer for the next week with withdrawal symptoms, but inshallah, it will be worth it and get easier.

Comment

• Yes I wanna start this again..

Not now though..

in sha Allah in a week or so ..

Comment

• Over the years I've managed to cut down my sugar intake but never cut it out completely. I used to eat chocolate everyday with my tea- it helped give a slight boost I needed to get up though i knew it wasn't good for my long term health. When my doctor told me to cut it out, first I replaced milk chocolate with dark chocolate to at least cut the sugar content, then eventually I switched from chocolate to dates and that worked better cos it does still give a bit of a boost and taste nice.

I cut down on sugar in my tea. I used to have a teaspoon of sugar in each cup, now it's more like 1/3 teaspoon but haven't been able to reduce it further than that.

I cut down on condiments cos ketchup and tamarind sauce also contain a lot of sugar so I don't eat more than 1.5 teaspoons of ketchup in one sitting (either that or tamarind).

My other issue is hidden sugars. Sugar is in convenience and ready made foods such as pizza, pasta sauces and also bread rolls- especially gluten free baked items (they add a higher amount of salt and/or sugar to enhance the flavours). I haven't been able to give up such foods but have them as a sort of last resort when the other home made stuff runs out. So in total I think I consume between half and one teaspoon of refined sugar a day and can't see myself cutting down further than that anytime soon.
                          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• On day 7.
                            Alhamdulillah.

Comment

• Day 7.

I think this happened the last time too but I end up not getting very hungry as often when I do this so I don't eat much throughout the day.

Yesterday pumpkin spice lattes came and I wait all year for this time, but I didn't get one! Allah please let them still be available in October amen.

Comment

• On day 8. Alhamdulillaah.
                                Two mischievous monkeys have started their little thing of coming over to offer me their various sweets and chocolates now that they know it's all very strictly off limits (🐒🐒)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X