X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So avoid only added sugar?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eorlingas View Post

Lol lighten up a little. I did not realise you were one to take offence so easily, so apologies and I shall be more careful in future. Of course I applaud any and all attempts to eat more healthily..every little helps!
      Sorry, my brother, but I think you've posted on here before with something similar... It kind of comes across a bit snarky even when you're not meaning it that way.

I don't mind too much myself with poking a bit of fun here and there and pulling people's legs... I do it myself more than I should tbh, but I don't want the people on here feeling like they're having the mick taken for trying, that's all.
      ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post

Sorry, my brother, but I think you've posted on here before with something similar... It kind of comes across a bit snarky even when you're not meaning it that way.

I don't mind too much myself with poking a bit of fun here and there and pulling people's legs... I do it myself more than I should tbh, but I don't want the people on here feeling like they're having the mick taken for trying, that's all.
        No worries. I'm sure I speak for many fellow sugaraholics on here, that the documentation of your up and down battle against the sweet stuff is highly motivational and inspirational,

Comment

• Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post
          So avoid only added sugar?
          It’s up to the individual what they can commit to.

I eat sugar, but in moderation. When I feel like I’m eating more than I should, then I cut off completely. Alhamdulillaah it works for me.

I can have chocolate/biscuits/ice cream etc around me and not be tempted to eat, simply because I choose not to.

Comment

• not gonna lie i've got a couple of addictions and sugar is defo one,
            i hate it tbh but i cant stop having sugary stuff, i wont be surprised if i die due to too much sugar intake or diabetes or something along those lines

Comment

• Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post
              So avoid only added sugar?
              That would be a good place to start. Really it's about avoiding refined sugar so the sugar we add to tea, the sugar that's in our biscuits, cakes and chocolates as well as the sugar that's added to ketchup, pasta sauces and ready meals. If you really can't avoid all forms of sugar then to start with you can replace it with natural sweeteners like honey, gurr, maple syrup and fruits (some who are more strict especially those on an anti candida diet even avoid natural sweeteners and sweet fruits such as mangoes and pineapple).
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

It’s up to the individual what they can commit to.

I eat sugar, but in moderation. When I feel like I’m eating more than I should, then I cut off completely. Alhamdulillaah it works for me.

I can have chocolate/biscuits/ice cream etc around me and not be tempted to eat, simply because I choose not to.

That's super impressive. I guess your weakness must be savouries then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eorlingas View Post

That's super impressive. I guess your weakness must be savouries then.

Comment

• I want to start this again from tomorrow. I need to post it here so that I feel pressured to actually do it otherwise I won't.

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                      I want to start this again from tomorrow. I need to post it here so that I feel pressured to actually do it otherwise I won't.
                      I had something a little earlier as it was going out of date and would have went in the bin. Was sickeningly sweet. Felt like I was swallowing poison.... back to square one.

Set a number of days as a target, sister, inshaa'Allah, a few of us can compete / challenge eachother to reach it.

Day 1 for me, as of now.
                      (I think I'm going to have to force myself to beat my previous count or I won't have the same motivation. )
                      Last edited by Fakhri-bin-Ali; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post

I had something a little earlier as it was going out of date and would have went in the bin. Was sickeningly sweet. Felt like I was swallowing poison.... back to square one.

Set a number of days as a target, sister, inshaa'Allah, a few of us can compete / challenge eachother to reach it.

Day 1 for me, as of now.
                        (I think I'm going to have to force myself to beat my previous count or I won't have the same motivation. )
                        Since it’s September first I will set my goal for this whole month. This is day 1.

I love sugar but I think I love it a bit too much and I need to cut back for a while.

Comment

• Alhamdulillaah. Day 1 complete.
                          On day 2.

Comment

• Day 2!

I feel ok so far. I am just writing it here so that I remember that I am actually doing this because I momentarily forgot 😅

Comment

• Kitchen is flooded with bakery items, donuts, cookies, chocolates, atm... Not touching anything, inshaa'Allah. If things are expiring, it's on the sugar-eaters who've been stockpiling.

Day 2 almost complete.

Comment

• Alhamdulillaah, day 3 complete.

​​​​​​Sr
                                aelmo Just don't let this descend into another Fakhri-bin-ali-Bot thread(!). We have too many of those already.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X