"No Sugar" - Week 2 & Beyond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 10, Alhamdulillaah.
    ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

• Day 14. Alhamdulillaah

Comment

• Day 15 . Alhamdulillaah.

I did have a couple of small slices of banana bread that were meant to have no sugar, but it turns out there was a small amount. Going to let that pass

Comment

• Day 4. Aiming for 6 weeks in shaa Allah.
          Allah's Messenger ﷺ said, "Allah said, 'O son of Adam! Spend, and I shall spend on you."

https://www.crisisaid.org.uk/appeals/yemen/

Comment

• I had chocolate on the 17th day but I'm going to pretend that day didn't happen (is this cheating?).

So instead of today being my 21st day I will say it's day 20.
            Allah's Messenger ﷺ said, "Allah said, 'O son of Adam! Spend, and I shall spend on you."

https://www.crisisaid.org.uk/appeals/yemen/

Comment

• I want to join Inshaa'Allaah good iniatitive but i dont know how realistic no sugar will be for me. Does it need to be zero sugar or just a limited amount? Also does this include anything sweet or y'all using replacements for sugar in stuff? Not fully sure of the guidelines or if we're all just sort of doing it how we are able to. Want to do it seriously and properly InshaaAllaah. But dont want to be unrealistic or aim to high and then flop. How do u guys manage with no sugar? Do you miss it? Do you get cravings?(ive heard its addicting so leads to that) i guess for me when im stressed like after work, then this is a trigger. Sorry if this stuff has been answered before

And are cheat days a thing or no? I feel i may already br going in with the wrong mentality, telling myself i'll start next Monday Inshaa Allaah. And did y'all go cold turkey or reduce it
              Last edited by Creamcake; 22-06-21, 01:55 AM.
              And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
              [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

• Day 3 complete.
                Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• Well done

Comment

• Love this thread.

Good reminder..Gotta get back to it bi'idhnillah

Comment

• I accidently on purpose, by mistake but not really, unknowingly but knowingly...consumed some dextrose/fructose/glucose/sucrose..

Comment

• Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                        I want to join Inshaa'Allaah good iniatitive but i dont know how realistic no sugar will be for me. Does it need to be zero sugar or just a limited amount? Also does this include anything sweet or y'all using replacements for sugar in stuff? Not fully sure of the guidelines or if we're all just sort of doing it how we are able to. Want to do it seriously and properly InshaaAllaah. But dont want to be unrealistic or aim to high and then flop. How do u guys manage with no sugar? Do you miss it? Do you get cravings?(ive heard its addicting so leads to that) i guess for me when im stressed like after work, then this is a trigger. Sorry if this stuff has been answered before

And are cheat days a thing or no? I feel i may already br going in with the wrong mentality, telling myself i'll start next Monday Inshaa Allaah. And did y'all go cold turkey or reduce it
                        I suggest doing whatever method can realistically work for you. If you can't commit without a cheat day once a week then have a cheat day. If you need some form of sweetness without sugar then don't give up sweet fruits or honey and see how you get on without the other forms of sugar.

I haven't been able to commit to no sugar, but have cut down my sugar intake. I found reducing the amount of sugar in my tea manageable over time. My problem now is processed foods, even if I cut out the sweets and chocolates. If I buy any convenience or ready made meal, it often has sugar. Frozen gluten free lasange: contains sugar, gluten free brioche buns: contains sugar, ready made pasta sauce in a jar: contains sugar, ketchup or tamarind sauce: contains sugar- I find these hidden sugars in the savoury foods quite tricky. I think a lot of people overlook the issue of these hidden sugars- I'm prediabetic so can't ignore it. I've drastically reduced my intake of ketchup over the years and am trying to restrict the convenience and ready made foods for emergencies.
                        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Day 4 completed.
                          On day 5 Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eorlingas View Post
                            I accidently on purpose, by mistake but not really, unknowingly but knowingly...consumed some dextrose/fructose/glucose/sucrose..
                            Looks like you accidently on purpose, by mistake but not really, unknowingly but knowingly... posted again on this thread as well.
                            Brother, just give the people a bit of encouragement, or leave them be... Better to at least have a concern and try a little, than not at all like most.

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post

I suggest doing whatever method can realistically work for you. If you can't commit without a cheat day once a week then have a cheat day. If you need some form of sweetness without sugar then don't give up sweet fruits or honey and see how you get on without the other forms of sugar.

I haven't been able to commit to no sugar, but have cut down my sugar intake. I found reducing the amount of sugar in my tea manageable over time. My problem now is processed foods, even if I cut out the sweets and chocolates. If I buy any convenience or ready made meal, it often has sugar. Frozen gluten free lasange: contains sugar, gluten free brioche buns: contains sugar, ready made pasta sauce in a jar: contains sugar, ketchup or tamarind sauce: contains sugar- I find these hidden sugars in the savoury foods quite tricky. I think a lot of people overlook the issue of these hidden sugars- I'm prediabetic so can't ignore it. I've drastically reduced my intake of ketchup over the years and am trying to restrict the convenience and ready made foods for emergencies.
                              Yeah... Sugar in ketchup and other condiments is a tough one.
                              Reduces your options for convenience a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post

Looks like you accidently on purpose, by mistake but not really, unknowingly but knowingly... posted again on this thread as well.
                                Brother, just give the people a bit of encouragement, or leave them be... Better to at least have a concern and try a little, than not at all like most.
                                Lol lighten up a little. I did not realise you were one to take offence so easily, so apologies and I shall be more careful in future. Of course I applaud any and all attempts to eat more healthily..every little helps!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X