Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

maybe fast mondays and thursdays? and then do OMAD in between

my advice from personal experience would be dont deprive yourself from too much too soon, work yourself into it gradually

i do find that sometimes changing it up can also help boost weight loss, as in having a different routine here and there,
    like OMAD for a week then warrior diet for a few days etc etc, when i used to do IF i used to listen to what my body was telling me

personally when i do OMAD i eat whatever i wnat and i still lose weight Alhamdulillah,
    main thing for me has to be the hot drinks, i find it hard not to put sugar in my tea and coffee and tbh i just dont feel like honey is a good enough subsitute as i end up having to put in way too much

do you drink hot drinks? try out black coffee

my sisters did intermittent fasting after seeing how much i lost in a short amount of time but she only lost a few pound sin about three weeks, which imo is nothing so i chatted to her and came to my personal conclusion that it was the black coffee that helped burn more calories, as it is a good fat burner

i mean if you look into most of these fat burners that they sell in the fitness/bodybuilding world they mostly contain caffeine and green tea and i dontt hink thats a coincidence

btw ive been thinking about this, regardles to if its ramadhan fasting, qaza, nafl or even just IF at the end of the day we're near enough guaranteed a meal,
    imagine those poor souls who dont have anything and its a daily routine for them and imagine our nabi sallahu alayhi wa salaam tying stones on his blessed stomach out of the pain of hunger subhanAllah may Allah swt forgive us Ameen
    I will probably do the Monday and Thursday fasts after Ramadan and as you say OMAD in between.

I gave up caffeine because it causes me to get the jitters and have a faster heart rate if I don't eat anything "heavy" with it. Heavy usually means carbohydrate dense. I'm over a month without coffee, minus one cheat day, and honestly, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. The best thing about giving up coffee is that I no longer have to pee all the time and my desire for bad food has dropped. I will always miss bread, especially pizza, rice and pasta, but giving it all up is worth it. My health really deteriorated and I have to whip out all of my will power to fix it.

And yes, I think about how Prophet Muhammad and the sahaba (radhi allahu anhum) had to go hungry many of times. They have suffered much more than we will ever suffer so we have no right to complain about dieting to lose weight. We got ourselves in this mess and we can get out of it. We have gotten so spoiled. Especially here in America, portion sizes are out of control. Just the other day I was looking at salmon and I never realized it but the portion that I used to buy for one meal was over 800 calories. I was shocked. I never paid attention before, but this time read the nutritional facts and realized that they were showing around 200 calories per serving and the whole slice is 4 servings. Don't get me started on my favorite Rib Eye steak.

Comment

• ^
      Alhamdulillaah. Honestly, brother Abisali. I'm really happy reading these posts of yours (the effort you're making). May Allah Ta'aalaa make it easy for you and for all of us, and may He grant us all barakah in our health.

​​​​
      ​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts. Thank you! (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
        ^
        Alhamdulillaah. Honestly, brother Abisali. I'm really happy reading these posts of yours (the effort you're making). May Allah Ta'aalaa make it easy for you and for all of us, and may He grant us all barakah in our health.

​​​​
        Ameen to your dua'a. I appreciate the support and encouragement, it's something that has been lacking in my life for a long time and feels good to receive it! I want to like your post but shall refrain since you've asked us not to (still not happy about it :P).

Comment

• Day 98 I believe. Alhamdulillaah.

I did force myself to have something sugary because a full pack of it would have gone straight to the bin otherwise :|.... Also a bit if ketchup.
          ​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts. Thank you! (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
            Day 98 I believe. Alhamdulillaah.

I did force myself to have something sugary because a full pack of it would have gone straight to the bin otherwise :|.... Also a bit if ketchup.
            What did you have? How did it feel and taste to have something sugary after months of being away from sugar? Did it taste much sweeter than how you remember it? Did you enjoy it and feel the lure of wanting more or did you feel okay about going back to being sugar free afterwards?
            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post

What did you have? How did it feel and taste to have something sugary after months of being away from sugar? Did it taste much sweeter than how you remember it? Did you enjoy it and feel the lure of wanting more or did you feel okay about going back to being sugar free afterwards?
              Normally they do taste much sweeter. Sickly sweet.
              But with this, I was too hacked off at having to eat them - because the people buying them were carelessly letting them go to waste - to be thinking about the taste. Got it over with quick. There were five or six of those jam donuts. I had a couple, did my bit, the rest, well, that was their problem.
              (Yeah, I get they're not expensive, but it's not the cost of these things, it's the fact that it's perfectly edible food that we can happily throw in the bin when we know what's going on all over the world.)

Comment

• ^I understand. I hate wasting food.
                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• I'm going to stop sugarin sha Allah

I've noticed two things when I go without actually effect my mood and that is sugar and meat, surely that can't be a coincidence can it?

I do lurve sugar and meat but enough is enough

honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the pains I get may be connected to my diet, I dunno Allah knows best

i'm going to try having black coffee without milk and sugar in sha Allah

can any of you share any tips & tricks?

Comment

• is there any good like documentaries about sugar and the reality of how bad it is?

Comment

• It's been a year and a half since I stopped putting sugar in my coffee. I tried black coffee for a few days but it was too bitter for me and it almost made me start hating coffee altogether.

It's also been a week since I stopped eating sugar. I haven't had any cravings so far alhamdulillah.
                      Allah's Messenger ﷺ said, "Allah said, 'O son of Adam! Spend, and I shall spend on you."

https://www.crisisaid.org.uk/appeals/yemen/

Comment

• I'm going to attempt giving up sugar for at least a while
                        I don't know how realistic that'll be in ramadan with every aunty trying to force feed mishti

Comment

• Day 112 I think.

Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X