Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"No Sugar" - Week 2 & Beyond.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

    It was a waste tbh. Felt guilty and remorseful afterwards.

    Sticking to Adjwa and Medjool - but too many dates aren't good either
    where do you get medjool from? as in good price and quality too?

    by the way you seen that green lane masjid are selling them now from palestine?
    https://www.greenlanemasjid.org/prod...ly-land-dates/

    Comment


    • On Day 77. Alhamdulillaah.
      ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

      Comment


      • Ya'sin maybe we should do this..go without sugar for 2 months..

        Up for the challenge?


        Comment


        • Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
          Ya'sin maybe we should do this..go without sugar for 2 months..

          Up for the challenge?




          R u havin a laff
          I'm not ready pls

          Besides, I don't eat that much sugar
          I don't really eat much, usually have two meals a day and one treat or more if it's a stressful day
          ​​​​

          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

          So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post




            R u havin a laff
            I'm not ready pls

            Besides, I don't eat that much sugar
            I don't really eat much, usually have two meals a day and one treat or more if it's a stressful day
            ​​​​
            Then it should be easy, right :)

            I think I'll start....tomorrow in sha Allah

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

              Then it should be easy, right :)

              I think I'll start....tomorrow in sha Allah
              I don't like being too extreme
              I don't like fads and diets, just eat what is available and moderation in what I eat. Sometimes I get carried away.



              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

              So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

                I don't like being too extreme
                I don't like fads and diets, just eat what is available and moderation in what I eat. Sometimes I get carried away.


                Khayr
                I don't like diets in general..
                Allah said:
                يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا كُلُوا مِن طَيِّبَاتِ مَا رَزَقْنَاكُمْ وَاشْكُرُوا لِلَّهِ إِن كُنتُمْ إِيَّاهُ تَعْبُدُونَ
                "O you who have believed, eat from the good [i.e., lawful] things which We have provided for you and be grateful to Allah if it is [indeed] Him that you worship." (2:172)
                Saheeh International

                So I don't think a muslim should restrict himself unnecessarily. Everything in moderation. But I know a sugar detox will be good for my health bi'dhnillah. I don't consume a lot of it anyway, but it would be nice to go without refined sugar.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

                  Khayr
                  I don't like diets in general..
                  Allah said:
                  يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا كُلُوا مِن طَيِّبَاتِ مَا رَزَقْنَاكُمْ وَاشْكُرُوا لِلَّهِ إِن كُنتُمْ إِيَّاهُ تَعْبُدُونَ
                  "O you who have believed, eat from the good [i.e., lawful] things which We have provided for you and be grateful to Allah if it is [indeed] Him that you worship." (2:172)
                  Saheeh International

                  So I don't think a muslim should restrict himself unnecessarily. Everything in moderation. But I know a sugar detox will be good for my health bi'dhnillah. I don't consume a lot of it anyway, but it would be nice to go without refined sugar.
                  This is a good point, sister.
                  It's why, personally, I'm allowing myself to have enough fruit when it comes to sugar.

                  And I've also made sure I'll allow extremely small amounts of sugar from non-fruit after some time, just to not be making 'something haraam on myself.'


                  However... Some would say (and I count myself among them) that we are often guilty of falling into the category of people below:


                  ۞يَٰبَنِيٓ ءَادَمَ خُذُواْ زِينَتَكُمۡ عِندَ كُلِّ مَسۡجِدٖ وَكُلُواْ وَٱشۡرَبُواْ وَلَا تُسۡرِفُوٓاْۚ إِنَّهُۥ لَا يُحِبُّ ٱلۡمُسۡرِفِينَ

                  O children of Adam, take your adornment at every masjid, and eat and drink, but be not excessive. Indeed, He likes not those who commit excess.

                  -Surah Al-A'raf, Ayah 31

                  The tafseer (ibn Katheer for one) mentions the dislike of Allah Ta'aalaa for people going to extremes over what he has allowed.
                  How much sugar do we need? How much of it do we consume when it comes to chocolates, cakes, sweet foods? It's excessively high, there's no doubt about it when we look at the harms it's causing us.



                  -------------
                  Day 78. Alhamdulillaah.
                  ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

                  Comment


                  • Fakhri-bin-Ali Well said baarak'Allahu feek.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
                      Fakhri-bin-Ali Well said baarak'Allahu feek.
                      I'm really glad sister will be doing this, inshaa'Allah. Personally, I feel as though it's really benefited me in different ways. I hope it proves to be just as helpful or even moreso for sister, inshaa'Allah.
                      ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

                      Comment


                      • Berries are good alternatives.

                        I also drink freshly juiced apple and carrot juice. (Or whatever fruit we have).

                        Juicers are quite good, you can add carrots, cucumber etc to make it less sweet.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

                          I don't like being too extreme
                          I don't like fads and diets, just eat what is available and moderation in what I eat. Sometimes I get carried away.


                          Try it. What have you got to lose?

                          It's not a fad diet - it's just cutting back chocolate.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

                            Try it. What have you got to lose?

                            It's not a fad diet - it's just cutting back chocolate.
                            I don't want to at the moment, maybe one day but I like to do things naturally and gradually
                            ​​​​

                            Last edited by Ya'sin; 27-02-21, 07:17 PM.
                            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                            So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                            Comment


                            • Day 80.

                              Alhamdulillaah.
                              ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

                              Comment


                              • my real difficulty is in cutting out sugar from my tea. Most days the only sugar I have is the sugar in my tea and one or two ajwa dates. Occasionally every few days I have a bit of dark chocolate as well (10g or less). I use muscavado sugar- I guess if I'm going to have sugar it's better to have an unprocessed one and on a typical day the only time I have sugar in anything is that cup of tea. So far I've reduced my intake of sugar to about one third of a teaspoon in my tea, but as I'm prediabetic, I keep thinking I should try to reduce it further over time inshaAllah. I seem to really need the ajwa date even if it's just one or two a day but hope that the fibre content help offset it and make it a bit less of a GI spike.

                                I can't do anything about my carb addiction. I have too many food intolerances that I can't really alter what's in most of my meals and I have food intolerances to nuts, pulses, most vegetables and almost all fruits except very few. That means reducing carbs just isn't feasible.
                                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X