X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post

Your own, brother.
    Everyone doing this set their own.

For me, it's been just fruit (not excessive).
    ​​​​​​Not been on reduced carbs or anything, though. Not consciously anyway.

It's been pretty much no chocolates, cakes, sweet bakery products, sugary drinks, sugary cereals, condiments with sugar, etc.
    Okay good, makes sense. From that list above I'm pretty good, I stay away from all of them apart from cakes. My daughter, every other weekend would make some cakes and I would have a bit, I could leave that out but she would get upset by it.

I avoid certain fruits because they have lots of sugar in them too. I alternative which I eat and have it as my lunch rather than a snack. I only eat two meals a day...breakfast then anytime between 2-6pm lunch/dinner.

I do plan to cut down on carbs just because I can't handle it anymore...I'm old innit.

You doing good (and anyone else doing something similar).

Comment

• Day 58. Alhamdulillaah.
      ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

• Just beginning day 60, Alhamdulillaah.

Brothers and sisters, let's all keep going, inshaa'Allah.
        We have enough, Alhamdulillaah, to not need these things at all.

​​​​

Comment

• Yes, everyone. Please keep going In Sha Allaah.

I have cut out all processed sugar and have dates/bananas/grapes instead.

Comment

• ^ Alhamdulillaah. MaashaaAllah.

I'm guessing this is day 65.
            One incident to report...A Few days ago I was given a tea and took a sip, then realised it had sugar, but not wanting it to go to waste I finished it.

Other than that, Alhamdulillaah, all been going well.

​​​​

Comment

• I've gradually reduced the amount of sugar I put in my tea from one teaspoon per mug, to one third of a teaspoon. Also there's a natural remedy I take for pain relief which contains sugar to offset the bitterness of fenugreek and we've lowered the amount of sugar in that as well. I keep hoping to reduce the amount of sugar in tea further but not managed to do that successfully as yet.

One of my friends seems to think if I give up sugar altogether it will heal a ton of health ailments I've got but I'm extremely skeptical because I've already drastically cut down my sugar intake and I don't feel particularly different.
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Day 67 Alhamdulillaah.
                Heading into day 68.

Comment

• Day 69 just started.
                  Alhamdulillaah.

Nearly everyone in my household has fallen ill with covid symptoms. I keep getting a nagging thought about not having sugar possibly helping my immune system somehow, since, Alhamdulillaah, by His great Kindness, I haven't yet fallen ill like them. Whatever it is He has purely out of His Rahmah been keeping a neglectful, ungrateful soul safe from illness when others have been falling ill.

Maa Shaa Allah. Laa Quwwata illaa billaah.

Allah Ta'aalaa grant us all protection and grant relief for those of us sick, and make us those who are truly grateful.

وَإِن يَمۡسَسۡكَ ٱللَّهُ بِضُرّٖ فَلَا كَاشِفَ لَهُۥٓ إِلَّا هُوَۖ وَإِن يَمۡسَسۡكَ بِخَيۡرٖ فَهُوَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيۡءٖ قَدِيرٞ

And if Allah should touch you with adversity, there is no remover of it except Him. And if He touches you with good - then He is over all things competent.

-Surah Al-An'am, Ayah 17

Comment

• Aameen.

I had half a cookie today. Tasted foreign and sickly.

Comment

• On day 71 I believe.
                      ​​​​​​Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• Day 73. Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• Day 74. Alhamdulillaah

Comment

• Day 75.

I did have something with a bit of sugar in it yesterday.
                            Half a slice of 'french toast' - to prevent it from likely bring thrown away.

The amount of food I've had the last few days, just to stop it going to waste.. too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
                              Aameen.

I had half a cookie today. Tasted foreign and sickly.
                              Youll have to start all over again no cookies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawed View Post

Youll have to start all over again no cookies.
                                It was a waste tbh. Felt guilty and remorseful afterwards.

Sticking to Adjwa and Medjool - but too many dates aren't good either

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X