Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 46.

Alhamdulillaah
    ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

• I’m done my 40 days 🥳🥳

Comment

• I got a peanut butter brownie ice cream sundae to celebrate my success

But I feel so awful that I probably won't want sugar for the next couple days.

Comment

• Alhamdulillaah.

Please try not to go wild, though, sister aelmo InshaaAllah, this keeps us all in the habit of being limited/very limited with our sugar intake(!).

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
            Alhamdulillaah.

Please try not to go wild, though, sister aelmo InshaaAllah, this keeps us all in the habit of being limited/very limited with our sugar intake(!).
            You didn't know??? It's a crime to say no to something with chocolate and peanut butter in it. I was just trying not to go to jail. I don't make this stuff up.

But yes I know. Im not going to count anymore but I will watch my self.

Comment

• Day 48 Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• You guys did so well Allahumma baarik..

Now how does it feel to be super healthy

Comment

• Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
                  You guys did so well Allahumma baarik..

It feels better to not have sugar everyday not gonna lie. But I think the 40 day workout challenge is what is making me feel a lot healthier than before.

Comment

• Day 51, heading into day 52, I believe.
                    Alhamdulillaah.
                    ​​​​
                    I had a small vanilla wafer / biscuit thing yesterday. I was assured it was sugar free so ate it, expecting it to be pretty bland, but it was ridiculously sweet.

Sweeteners of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
                      You guys did so well Allahumma baarik..

Alhamdulillaah. Tbh, I've thankfully never been a huge chocolate/sugar/junk eater to begin with, so I'm kind of on a headstart when it comes to things like this.

Having said, that, though, before I started I did get pretty lazy and careless, just eating whatever, including too much junk, and it did become something of a routine that I needed to snap out of.

It always has you feeling cleaner and healthier when you avoid these foods, in my experience. Alhamdulillaah. Then there's that sense of feeling a bit freer that comes with not having the desire for it. Lighter all round. Physically, mentally. Alhamdulillaah.
                      ​​​​​

Comment

• Day 53. About to start day 54.

Alhamdulillaah.
                        Going well.

Comment

• I actually haven’t been eating sugar. Funny that I do a better job when I’m not even thinking about it.

Comment

• Day 56 it seems. Alhamdulillaah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
                              Day 56 it seems. Alhamdulillaah.
                              56 days of no sugar? What's the criteria? I made some bread and put a teaspoon of sugar in it to give the yeast some ummph. Would that be considered a failure if you had it?

Comment

• Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

56 days of no sugar? What's the criteria? I made some bread and put a teaspoon of sugar in it to give the yeast some ummph. Would that be considered a failure if you had it?
                                Your own, brother.
                                Everyone doing this set their own.

For me, it's been just fruit (not excessive).
                                ​​​​​​Not been on reduced carbs or anything, though. Not consciously anyway.

It's been pretty much no chocolates, cakes, sweet bakery products, sugary drinks, sugary cereals, condiments with sugar, etc.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X